Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023 notification will be released every year in the month of September on its National Scholarship website, https://scholarships.gov.in/.
Eligible students who are belonging to Students with Disabilities and interested in can check details and submit the online application with required information on or before the deadline.
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023
In a world that continually strives for inclusivity and equal opportunities, the Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023 stands as a beacon of hope and support for those who often face unique challenges in their pursuit of education.
a. What is the Post Matric Scholarship?
The Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is a government initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to students with disabilities pursuing post-secondary education.
This scholarship acknowledges the extra hurdles these students face and seeks to level the playing field by offering financial support.
b. Importance of the Scholarship
The importance of this scholarship cannot be overstated. It goes beyond mere financial assistance; it’s a symbol of societal inclusivity.
By offering opportunities for education to students with disabilities, it empowers them to reach their full potential and contribute
Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
The Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities (PMSW) is a scheme launched by the Government of India to provide financial assistance to students with disabilities who are pursuing post-matric studies.
The scheme is open to students with disabilities who are studying in Class 11th and above, up to post-graduate level and Ph.D.
The scholarship aims to help students with disabilities to pursue further education so that they could earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in society.
Objective of the scheme
To support students with disabilities for their study in classes IX and X onwards so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized.
|Name of the scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2023|
|Title||Apply for SwD Post Matric Scholarship 2023|
|Subject||Divyangjan Post Matric Scholarship 2023|
|Department of Empowerment of PwD website||http://disabilityaffairs.gov.in/|
- The applicant must be an Indian national.
- The applicant must have a disability of more than 40%, certified by the competent authority.
- The applicant’s annual family income should be less than INR 2.50 lakh.
- The applicant must be studying in a recognized institution.
- The scholarship amount varies depending on the type of course and the place of study.
- Day scholars receive a scholarship of INR 900 to INR 1600 per month, while hostellers receive a scholarship of INR 550 to INR 750 per month.
- In addition to the scholarship amount, students with disabilities are also eligible for other benefits, such as:
- Book grant
- Maintenance allowance
- Escort/reader allowance
- Assistive devices and other equipment
How to Apply
Students can apply for the PMSW scholarship online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). The application process is usually open from July to October every year.
To apply, students will need to create an account on the NSP portal and fill out an online application form. They will also need to upload the required documents, such as a disability certificate, income certificate, and mark sheets.
The selection of scholars is done by the respective state and union territory governments. The selection process is based on the eligibility criteria and the availability of funds.
Disbursement of Scholarship
Once the scholars have been selected, the scholarship amount is disbursed directly into their bank accounts. The scholarship amount is usually disbursed in two installments, one at the beginning of the academic year and the other at the end of the academic year.
SwD Post Matric Scholarship Amount
Post-Matric Scholarship: The value of Post-matric scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
- Maintenance allowance,
- Additional allowance for students with disabilities, for the complete duration of the course, and
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees,
- Study tour charges,
- Typing/printing charges for preparing Reports/projects,
- Book allowance for students pursuing correspondence courses,
- Book bank facility for specified courses,
The selected scholars will receive –
- Maintenance allowance of up to INR 1600 per month (hostellers) and up to INR 750 per month (day scholars).
- Disability allowance of up to INR 4000 per annum.
- Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees of up to INR 1.50 Lac per annum excluding the refundable deposits like security deposit and caution money.
- Book allowance of INR 1500 per annum.
The details are as follows:
b. Maintenance allowance
Rate of Maintenance allowance (in Rupees per month)
All PG Degree/Diploma Course recognised by UGC in any discipline. All Bachelor’s Degree courses in Medicine (Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines), Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design, Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences, Management, Business Finance
/Administration, Computer Science/ Applications.
Professional Courses leading to Degree, Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B. Pharma), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like Rehabilitation, Diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management, Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art, Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary (10+2).
All other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group I & II e.g. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.
All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3 year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.
c. Disability Allowances
The different types of allowances related to disability shall be payable as under:
- Visually Impaired: Rs. 4000/-
- Hearing Impaired: Rs. 2000/-
- Physically Disabled (OH): Rs.2000/-
- Intellectual Disabilities: Rs. 4000/-
- All other types of disability not covered under above: Rs. 2000/-
- Book Allowance : Rs. 1500/- per annum
d. Additional Allowances depending on disabilities of the student
- Reader Allowance for blind Scholars: Rs.240/- per month for all the groups of courses.
- Transport Allowance: Rs.160/- per month for disabled students, if such students do not reside in the hostel, which is within the premises of educational institution. The disability as per the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 is defined as blindness, low-vision, leprosy- cured, hearing impairment, locomotors disability, mental retardation and mental illness.
- Escort Allowance: Rs.160/- per month for severally handicapped day scholar students with low extremity disability.
- Special Allowance: Rs.160/- per month is admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in hostel of an educational institution, who may need the assistance of a helper.
- Coaching Allowance: Rs.240/- per month towards extra coaching to mentally retarded and mentally ill students.
The provisions in (B) to (D) will also apply to such leprosy-cured students.
e. Reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees
Scholars will be paid enrolment/registration, tuition, games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board. Refundable deposits like caution money, security deposit will, however, be excluded.
Note : Compulsory non-refundable fee charged by recognized institutions against free and paid seats of recognized courses can be fully reimbursed as per the fee structure approved by the competent State/Central Government authority.
d. Study Tour Charges:
Study tour charges up to a maximum of Rs.1600/- per annum, limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc. will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses, provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
Typing/printing charges for preparing Project Reports/Thesis: Project Reports/Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of Rs.1600/- will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
Book Allowance for Students pursuing Correspondence /Distance Education Courses: The students pursuing such courses are also eligible for an annual allowance of Rs.1200/- for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees.
Book Banks: Book Banks are to be set up in all Institutes where disabled students are in receipt of Post Matric Scholarship. Normally, one set of text books will be purchased for two disabled students in the same category. However, in case two students of the same type of disability or group of course are not available, one set of books may be allowed for one such student also. Separate set of books shall be purchased for different type of disability of the student.
The details of courses covered for setting up of Book Banks, ceiling of admissible expenditure per set of books are given below:
- Post Graduate Degree/Diploma courses recognised by UGC in any discipline. Degree courses in Medical/Engineering: 7,500.
- Degree courses in Veterinary: 5,000.
- Degree courses in Agriculture4,5004Polytechnics and other courses: 2,400
The Institutions will be encouraged to set up IT-enabled libraries for the benefit of the students.
For storage of books and contingencies etc., the cost of steel almirah for storing books of each Book Bank including contingencies like transportation etc. the following expenses are admissible:
Rs. 2000 or actual cost whichever is less. 5% of the grant may be earmarked for expenses on binding, stiching etc.
Required Documents for Online Apply:
The following documents shall be uploaded in the online application:
- Applicant’s photograph
- Age proof
- Certificate of disability
- Income certificate of the parent issued by a competent authority
- Tuition fees receipt
- Last academic qualification certificate.
How to apply for Divyangjan Post Matric Scholarship?
To apply for the Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities (PMSW) 2023, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website: https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Click on the “New Registration” link and create an account.
- Once you have created an account, log in and click on the “Apply for Scholarship” link.
- Select the “Post Matric” scholarship category and the “Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities” scheme.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the required documents, such as a disability certificate, income certificate, and mark sheets.
- Review your application carefully and submit it.
After Submitting the Application
Once you have submitted your application form, you will receive a confirmation message. You can also check the status of your application online by logging into your NSP account.
If your application is selected, you will be notified by the NSP. You will then need to submit the required documents to the NSP office in your state or union territory.
The scholarship amount will be disbursed directly into your bank account once all the required formalities have been completed.
Selection Criteria for Divyangjan Post Matric Scholarship
The selection of the candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Percentage of marks obtained in the last qualifying examination
- Fulfillment of eligibility conditions
- Number of scholarship slots available to the state
- Percentage of disability will be taken into consideration if there is a tie for the percentage of marks.
- State education department recommendation
Is the scholarship available to all students with disabilities?
No, the scholarship has specific eligibility criteria that must be met.
What types of courses does the scholarship cover?
The scholarship typically covers a wide range of post-matric courses.
How do I renew my scholarship?
Renewal criteria and processes vary and are detailed in the scholarship guidelines.
Are there any income restrictions for applicants?
Some scholarships may have income criteria; applicants should check the specific requirements.
Can I apply for multiple scholarships simultaneously?
It depends on the scholarship guidelines; some may allow it, while others may not.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Students with Disabilities under National Scholarship?
Post Matric Scholarship is Open for disabled students who have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same. Student must have passed matriculation or higher secondary or any higher exam. Student must be pursuing studies in Class 11 to postgraduate level. The annual family income must be less than INR 2.50 lakh from all sources
The Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is a very important scheme that helps students with disabilities to pursue their education. The scheme provides them with the financial assistance they need to cover their tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs of education.
If you are a student with a disability and you are pursuing post-matric studies, be sure to apply for the PMSW scholarship. The scholarship can help you to achieve your educational goals and build a better future for yourself.