National Scholarship Web Portal is open for students who are studying in India for getting Scholarships. For National Scholarship 2020, both government departments and private organizations offer a large number of scholarships for students pursuing different levels of education across the nation.
However, the Government of India makes the major contribution in this segment. No matter which caste, creed, category or gender you belong to, there is a national scholarship available for you to fulfil your academic requirements.
The Government of India hosts a distinctive portal with the name of National Scholarship Portal that enlists all the national as well as state level scholarships for the students studying within India.
The government offers a large number of scholarships for students across India, out of which some are disbursed at national level, and some are disbursed at state level.
The national level scholarships include the scholarships offered by departments like the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Education (formerly known as MHRD), Ministry of Labour and Employment, and others.
Pre Matric, Post Matric, Merit Scholarships and PG Scholarships to SC/ST/BC/Minority Students, Apply Online at NSP Portal. Pre matric Scholarships, Postmatric Scholarships, National Merit cum Means Scholarships to Students and Apply on National Scholarships Portal. Minority Students to apply for scholarships for the financial year 2020-2021.
The minority welfare department has stated that students belonging to Muslim, Buddhist, Jaina, Sikh, Parsi and Christian religions consider minorities as eligible for these scholarships. So, The Department invites applications for Preemptric scholarships and Post Matric scholarships.
Pre-Matric, Post-Matric Scholarships Invitation for Applicants: The Central Minority Welfare Department has issued an application for students to apply for pre-matric, post-matric and merit scholarships. The scholarship for minorities belonging to Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain and Parsi religions for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Government, Private Universities, Institutions, Colleges, Minority Students studying in schools can apply. The Central Govt launched a national scholarship portal for this. Students should apply online by 31-10-2020.
Pre Matric, Post Matric, Merit Scholarships to Students 2020 – Details
|National Scholarship 2020||Pre Matric, Post Matric, Merit Scholarships to Students 2020|
|Title||GoI Scholarships to Students 2020|
|Subject||Ministry of Education,GoI has released Scholarship Notification|
|Scholarship issuing Agency||Concerned Welfare Department under Ministry of Education|
|Scholarship Level||National Level|
|Full-Form||MoE Pre Matric, Post Matric, Merit Scholarships|
|Name of the Department||Each Welfare Department|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Scheme Closing Date||31-10-2020|
Govt Of India Scholarships provide to students i.e., a) Govt Of India Pre Matric Scholarships, b) Govt Of India Post Matric Scholarships and c) Govt Of India Merit Scholarships. Closing date for Pre-Matric /Post Matric /Merit scholarships of Central sector Schemes is 31 October 2020.
The last date for students to apply in Pre-Matric /PostMatric/ TopClass /MCM schemes is 31-10-2020. No extension of date is being done so all are requested to final submit their applications (Fresh /Renewal /Defective) at the earliest. UGC Scholarship schemes and Incentive schemes are open at scholarships web portal.
With the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College & University Students, GOI is providing financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher education. Central Sector Scheme student application dates have been extended till 31-10-2020.
National Scholarship Complete List, Eligibility, Process and Awards details are provided here
Scholarships Due dates:
The table below highlights the list of national scholarships
|GoI NSP Scholarship Name||Last date to apply|
|Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme (Pre MSS)|
a) for Minorities
b) for Students with Disabilities
c) for Education of the Wards of Beedi /Cine /IOMC /LSDM Workers
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme (Post MSS)|
a) for Minorities
b) for Students with Disabilities
c) for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship (MCMS)|
a) for Minorities
b) for Students with Disabilities
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS)||31-10-2020|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education|
a) for students with disabilities,
b) for SC students,
c) for ST Students (National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students)
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||31-10-2020|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles||31-10-2020|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF||131-10-2020|
|ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme|
For North Eastern Region
Necessary Documents for Apply
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size Photo
- Last year Mark list
- Residential Proof
- Income Certificate
- Self-declaration of Religious Certificate
- Bank Passbook Xerox with IFSC Code
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Amount for Per annum|
|Pre Matric Scholarship for 1st to 5th Standard||Rs.1000/-|
|Pre Matric Scholarship for 6th to 10th Standard||Rs.5000/-|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional & Technical Courses||Rs.25000/- or Rs.30000/-|
|Post Matric Scholarship for 11th to 12th Standard||Rs.6000/-|
|Post Matric Scholarship for Under Graduate||Rs.6000/- to Rs.12000/-|
Income Limit & Pass percentage
|Scholarship Name||Income||Pass percentage for renewal|
|Pre Matric Scholarship||Rs.1 Lakh||50% marks in the previous class|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship||Rs.2.5 Lakh||50% marks in the previous class|
|Post Matric Scholarshi||Rs.2 lakh||50% marks in previous class|
Pre-Matric Scholarships: From 1st Class to 5th Class, under the pre-matric scholarship will get Rs.1000 per student and From 6th Class to 10th Class, under the pre-matric scholarship will get Rs.5000 per each student. The students should have One Lakh Annual Income of their Family are eligible for these scholarships and they should pass with 50 per cent marks in the last year class.
Post-Matric Scholarships: From 11th Class to 12th Class Students under the post-matric scholarship will get Rs.6000 per student and Degree, PG Students, under the post-matric scholarship will get Rs.6000 to Rs. 12000 per each student. The students should have 2 Lakh Annual Income of their Family are eligible for this scholarship and they should pass with 50 per cent marks in the last year class.
Merit cum means scholarship: The merit cum means scholarship for students studying in vocational and technical courses will be given Rs 25,000 to 30,000.
Scholarships for Minorities
- GOI Pre-Matric Scholarships for Minorities
- GOI Post-Matric Scholarships for Minorities
- GOI Merit cum Means Scholarships for Minorities
List of Scholarships:
1. GoI Pre matric, Post matric, Merit cum Means Scholarships for Minority students
2. GOI Pre-Matric Scholarships for Minority Students, Guidelines
3. GOI Post-Matric Scholarships for Minority Students, Guidelines
4. Pre-Matric Scholarships for AP TS Minority Students
5. Pre-Matric Scholarships to AP, TS SC, ST, BC, Minority, disabled students
6. Post Matric Scholarships for AP TS SC, ST, BC, Minority, Disabled Students
7. Top Class Education Scholarships for SC, Disabled Students
8. Post-Matric Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers
9. Pre-Matric Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers
10. National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships *
11. Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College, University Students-CBSE
12. NMMS Scheme | National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme(NMMSS)
13. PMSS – Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
14. Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Degree) For Technical Education
15. Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Diploma) For Technical Education
16. Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Degree) For Technical Education
17. Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Diploma) For Technical Education
18. PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
19. PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (Ist and IInd Rank Holders)/ UGC PG Merit Scholarships Scheme for University UG Rank holders for PG Programs
20. PG Scholarship Scheme for SC, ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses/ UGC Post Graduate PG Scholarships for SC/ST Students for Professional Courses
21. Merit cum Means Based Scholarship to Minority Students 2019 for Professional, Technical Courses CS by GoI
National Scholarship 2020
A. Central Schemes Scholarships (CSS):
1. Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA):
a. Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
b. Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
c. Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS
|Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Details|
|Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities||Details|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS (MCM Scholarships)||Details|
|Pre-Matric Scholarships for AP TS Minority Students||Details|
2. Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities:
a. Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
b. Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
c. Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities
|Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Details|
|Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Details|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities||Details|
3. Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJE):
a. Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||Details|
4. Ministry of Labor & Employment (MoLE):
a. Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric
b. Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric
c. Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh Offline
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||Details|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric||Details|
|Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh Offline||Details|
5. Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA):
a. National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships||Details|
6. Department of School Education & Literacy (DoSEL):
a. National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE)
b. National Means Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS)
|National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE)||Details|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMSE)||Details|
7. Department of Higher Education (DOHE*):
a. Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students (CSS Scholarships)||Details|
8. WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA):
a. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles||Details|
9. RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway (MoR):
a. Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF||Details|
10. University Grants Commission (UGC) :
a. ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region
|ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region||Details|
B. UGC Schemes Scholarships
1. University Grants Commission PG Scholarships- MHRD/MoE
a. PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
b. PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (Ist and IInd Rank Holders)
c. PG Scholarship Scheme for SC, ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses
|PG Scholarship Name||Details|
|PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child||Details|
|PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders (Ist and IInd Rank Holders)||Details|
|PG Scholarship Scheme for SC, ST Students for Pursuing Professional Courses||Details|
C. AICTE Schemes
1. Ministry of Human Resource Development – Degree and Diploma Scholarships – AICTE:
A. Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Degree) For Technical Education
B. Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Diploma) For Technical Education
C. Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Degree) For Technical Education
D. Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Diploma) For Technical Education
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Degree) For Technical Education||Details|
|Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Diploma) For Technical Education||Details|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Degree) For Technical Education||Details|
|Saksham Scholarship Scheme For Differently Abled Students (Diploma) For Technical Education||Details|
D. State Schemes
Pre-Matric Scholarships to AP, TS SC, ST, BC, Minority, disabled students
Post Matric Scholarships for AP TS SC, ST, BC, Minority, Disabled Students
1. Andhra Pradesh + Telangana – Pre Matric Scholarships
2. Andhra Pradesh + Telangana – Post Matric Scholarships
National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
Vision: National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. This initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries account without any leakages.
Mission: The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan aims at providing a common electronic portal for implementing various Scholarships schemes launched by Union Government, State Government and Union Territories across the country.
Objectives: Ensure timely disbursement of Scholarships to students Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments Create a transparent database of scholars Avoid duplication in processing Harmonisation of different Scholarships schemes & norms Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
a. Simplified process for the students:
1. All scholarships information available under one umbrella.
2. Single integrated application for all scholarships
b. Improved transparency :
1. The system suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible.
2. Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent
c. Helps in standardisation :
1. Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level.
2. Scholarships processing
Serves as a decision support system (DSS) for Ministries and departments as up-to-date information will be available on demand. Comprehensive MIS System to facilitate monitoring every stage of Scholarships distribution i.e. from student registration to delivery of funds
NSP Guidelines for Institutions:
NSP guidelines for educational institutions: Educational institutions should check the student’s caste certificate, date of birth, school / college details during verification.
Only the caste mentioned in the guidelines of the respective welfare department is eligible for their scholarship.
Educational Institutions are required to download and renew the Renewable Eligible Students Data of their respective educational institutions.
Educational Institutions should register the date of re opening of educational institutions on the date notified by the respective department
Educational institutions should scrutinize each application during verification. Doing bulk application verification is strictly prohibited. If there are errors in the scholarship application, the application should be defected
The defective application will remain in the student login. Therefore the student should be informed and the mistakes should be corrected and re-submitted and verified.
Fees and marks should be adjusted by the educational institutions themselves.
All applications should be verified not once but on a daily basis and sent to the Login of the District Welfare Officer and District Nodal Officer of the respective welfare department.
- Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?
No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e., Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland
, Sikkim and Tripura.
- Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme?
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is less than or equal to Rs.4.5 lakh per annum are covered under the ambit of the scheme.
- Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate along with the online application form?
Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
- Are only first-year undergraduate students eligible to apply?
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards for the current year
are eligible to apply.
- Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?
No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
- Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply?
No. The scheme is applicable for students of first-year undergraduate courses and enrolled in the following institutions are eligible to apply:
1. Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
2. Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
3.Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
4.Institutes of National Importance.
5. Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside the States of NER.
- Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?
Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. However, such awardees could avail scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
- Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?
Yes. However, the awardees will be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first-degree programme
- Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?
No. The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS, BDS, B.Arch., B.Tech.etc.)
- What is the amount of scholarship payable to the awardees?
depends upon course of study of the awardee. For the students pursuing General Degree Courses (BA, BSc, BCom, BMS, BBA etc.) it is
Rs.5400/-p.m.. etc.and for students pursuing professional degree courses (B.E., BTech, MBBS, B. Pharm. etc. ) it is and Rs.7800/-p.m. for the entire duration of course. The concerned University/ Institute/ College will verify whether the course of study for the candidate is general or professional
- Who will verify the credentials of the candidates? How will payments be regulated?
The Concerned University/Institute/College in which the candidate is pursuing the course of study will verify the credential of the candidate on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal).
- Will the scholarship transferred in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?
No. There is no provision for transfer of scholarship
- Will the scholarship be renewed if the awardee fails in the first or subsequent years of study?
No. The scholarship will not be renewed if the awardee fails to qualify in the annual or term end examinations of the course
- Are the students who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for the award of scholarship?
No these categories of students will not be considered for award of scholarship.
- Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?
No. Such students will not be considered for award of this scholarship
- Can the students apply anytime during the year of admission?
No. Students can only apply online on the NSP (https://scholarships.gov.in/)during a particular time period as displayed on the website
- What is the Eligibility for National Scholarship?
You are aware of the list of national scholarships, you must also be well-aware of their respective eligibility criteria. Each scholarship comes with a pre-defined set of eligibility conditions that one must fulfil to avail their benefits. If you fulfil the eligibility for any of the scholarships, you can apply for it accordingly within the stipulated time duration.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details