Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram, RBSK, De-worming Program, NRHM, National Rural Health Mission, District and State wide De-worming Program under Rastriya Bal Swasthya Karyakramam
RBSK : Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK) is a new initiative aimed at screening over 27 crore children from 0 to 18 years for 4 Ds – Defects at birth, Diseases, Deficiencies and Development Delays including Disabilities. Children diagnosed with illnesses shall receive follow up including surgeries at tertiary level, free of cost under NRHM and in this direction which seeks to put together a systematic approach to child health screening and early intervention.
It is well-known that the early years of a child’s life are most critical for both survival and development and yet currently, there is no approach to screen structured children, identify health conditions warranting medical attention and ensure early intervention and it is a Child Health Screening and Early Intervention Services Programme to provide comprehensive care to all the children in the community.
In this regarding the Chittoor District Medical and Health officer has issued certain instructions and guidelines on Administration of De-worming on October 28th, 2014 to all the district officials. In this subject a proceedings has been sent to them.
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has decided to organize in the District and State wide De-worming Program under Rastriya Bal Swasthya Karyakramam on 28-12-2014 with aim of coverage all Government and Government Aided School going age children, aged from 5th year to 18th years(1st class to 12th class) and non school going age 10 to 18 age through Aganwadies in the dstrict.
De-worming Program Activities
The following activities shall be taken up as perfectly steps for the programme:
- Awareness generation activity is to be organized at all levels Le. District; CHNC, Mandal, PHC, School and AWC. (Rally’s, Banners , Pamphlets , Meds and etc.,).
- Anganwadi worker shall carry out activities within Anganwadi Centers jurisdiction.
- ASHA worker shall carry out all activities in Primary School area.
- ANM (MPHA/F) shall carry out all activities in Upper Primary & High Schools.
- Health Supervisor (MPHS) shall carry out all activities KGBVs, Ashram School, Residential Schools, Gurukulams and Jr. College.
- ASHA, AWW, ANM and HM shall ensure awareness generation to educate to parents and Aarogya Clubs in each educational institution about De-Worming Program importance.
- High profile inaugurals should be planned through elected representatives to generate public awareness apart from using the prescribed IEC material.
- Report generated from ASHA, AWC, and ANM has to be consolidating at PHC by PHN/MPHEO and PHC Medical Officer.
- The PH N/ MPHEO and MO shall submit reports with attestation of MO to the SPHO. The SPHO shall submit reports with attestation of SPH0 to the RBSK coordinator and DM and HO concerned.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details