Rational for starting the next year syllabus from March last week onwards in Telangana Schools
1. In order to value the answer scripts and declare results, the annual examinations are pre-poned and conducted in the first week of April, 2015. In this regard, meaningful engagement of the children after exams i.e. for the period 10th to 23rd April is become an issue and majority Head Masters and private school managements complained that children do not come if we do not engage properly.
2. Starting the next year syllabus for a period of one month before closing of schools for summer vacation enable children
– To read the books,
– Doing the projects in the summer vacation.
This helps the children to acquaint children with next year syllabus.
3. Children will meaningfully engaged and full attendance may be expected we start next year syllabus.
4. Summer Vacation:
The first Formative work i.e.
– Written assignments,
– Book reading and review etc.
may be completed by the students during summer vacation.
5. All the CBSE schools are following this pattern of starting the next year syllabus during March and April. They conduct annual exams and declare results before second week of March of every year and start new syllabus from third week of March onwards.