AP Rc.163 Instructions on Establishment,Permission/Recognition,Closure of Un-recognised Schools: The Commissioner of School Education, AP has issued instructions to all the DEOs and all the RJDs on closure of un-recognized schools in AP State. Rc.163, Dated: 22-04-2015.
School Education- Un-Aided private Educational Institution – Establishment – Permission and recognition – Closure of un-recognized schools – certain instructions – Issued.
- G.O.MS.No.1.Edn., dated 01.01.1994.
- G.O.MS.No.41,Edn.,(SE.PS.I) Dt. 11.05.2006.
The District Educational officers and Regional joint Directors of school Education are aware that the permission for establishment of schools under private managements and their regulations are governed as per the rules issued in the G.Os read above.
In the G.Os read above, it was made clear that all the educational institutions should necessarily have proper permission (recognition) from the competent authority and any educational society should not be allowed to function without permission to start from the appropriate authority.
Further, there is also an opportunity to make an application with penalty up to the end of April of the academic year, in which the educational society wishes to start a school. Even then it is noticed that several institutions are applying for recognition by paying the inspection fee and functioning un-authorized. Consequently, several un-recognized educational institutions under private managements are mushrooming in the areas, pointing to the lack of proper surveillance, and admitting the children with connived propaganda. Existence of such schools may, ostensibly, mar the academics of ignoramus students and educational system.
Further the Right to Education Act-2009 too prohibits the existence of un-recognized schools. Keeping in view the welfare of the students, existence of such schools is need to be curtailed instantaneously.
Identify the schools, functioning without proper permission/recognition:
In view of the above circumstances all the RJDSEs and the DEOs in the state are requested to ensure that:
- Suitable instructions are issued to the field officers i.e. the Deputy Educational officer, Mandal Educational officer etc., to identify the schools, functioning without proper permission/ recognition, within 10 days.
- Show cause notices are issued in 5 days from the date of receipt of information from the field officers to the institutions not to run the school without proper permission.
- If any institution fails to respond to the show cause notice, get such schools closed down forcibly with the help of the local police and impose penalty of rupees one lakh on those schools.
- Make the list of recognized schools of the District/ Mandal are available with the Mandal Educational officer/ Deputy Educational officer so that the lists are accessible to the students/parents.
- Give wide publicity using social media to enlighten the parents not to join their children in any un-recognized school.
- The periodical inspections are done by the field officers properly and remedial steps are taken at the appropriate time for closure of un-recognized schools.
These instructions issued shall be scrupulously followed without any deviation.