Teacher’s Performance Indicators PINDICS for AP Teachers by NCERT. PINDICS implementation guidelines. AP Teacher’s Performance Indicators. NCERT and SCERT Teacher’s Teacher’s Performance Indicators. Effective implementing Performance Indicators for Teachers.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE STATE PROJECT DIRECTOR, SARVA SHIKSHA ABHIYAN, ANDHRA PRADESH, V1JAYAWADA,
Sub:- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, A.P – Vijayawada-REMS-Implementation of REMS Activities-To issue instruction on implementation of PINDICS for the year 2016-17 in A.P-Release of budget under PINDICS to all the 13 Districts-Issue instructions and sanction orders-Reg.
1. PAR minuets of SSA, A.P & recommendations for the year 2016-17,
2. Progs Itc.No.25/Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan 2014-Dt.02-08-2014 and 23.13-2014 of this office.
Under powers vested with State Project Director. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada sanction is hereby accorded for an amount of Rs. 13.0 Lakh to all the DPOs of 13 districts @ Rs. 1.0 Lakh for each district towards the implementation of the PINDICS i.e printing & distribution of the two sets -PINDICS formats for two quarters (2nd and 4th) to all the teachers in the Govt schools. The district consolidation formats have to be submitted to this office for onward submission to the MHRD, New Delhi.
Further, all the District Education Officers and Project Officers of the A.P-Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan ore instructed to implement of the PINDICS for the academic year. 2016-17 as per the guidelines and procedure followed in the 2014-15 vide reference 2nd cited above.
Therefore the state finance controller of this office is requested to release an amount of Rs. 13.0 Lakhs @Rs. 1 Lakh per each district towards the implementation of the PINDICS for the year 2016-17. The budget shall be met from the provision of REMS activities at State Project Office under sub head of PINDICS. AWP&B. and 2016.17.
PINDICS for AP Teachers: The State Project Director, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, AP has issued a proceedings on 23rd August, 2014 to all the District Educational Officers, the Project Officers of SSA and the ‘Principals of DIETs in the Districts of Andhra Pradesh State. This proceedings for effective implementation of Performance indicators PINDICS in the Andhra Pradesh schools.
These indicators have been developed and designed by the NCERT under MHRD to asses the performance and progress of teachers periodically. It consists of Performance Standard, specific standards and performance indicators. These PINDCIS have to be used by the teachers as a self assessment of performance and can be used for the teacher’s appraisal by the supervisory staff to assess and to provide constructive feedback for the improvement of the teacher performance.
In this connection, certain instructions have been issued to all the District level officials and SPD has informed them should follow the instructions for effective implementation of Performance indicators PINDICS in the schools. Proceedings details and instructions are provided here.
- To print the required formats of ‘PINDICS’ as per prescribed norms at district level.
- Two copies of the formats of PINDICS should reach to each teacher and School Complex HM for assessment of the teacher performance.
- The copies of (PINDICS) should reach to all MEOs also to implement the performance appraisal and for taking further course of action in the matter accordingly.
Use of PINDICS:
PINDICS can be used by teachers themselves for assessing their own performance and to make continuous efforts to reach the highest level. These can also be used for teacher appraisal by the school complex HMS to assess and provide constructive feedback for the improvement of teacher performance. Each performance indicator is rated on four .point scales ranging from 1 to 4′ indicating the levels of performance.
The rating points are:
- 1 – Not meeting the expected standard
- 2 – Approaching the expected standard
- 3 – Approached the expected standard
- 4 – Beyond the expected standard
If the teacher performs tasks in an innovative way and makes extra efforts for improving student performance can be rated as beyond the expected standard. Guidelines for teachers (for PS & UPS). Self-assessment by the teacher should be done at least twice in a year, First quarter ending and third quarter ending.
- Fill up the teacher identification information on page I of the format ( PINDICS).
- No item should be left blank
- Teachers should read each performance indicator carefully and reflect on it in the context of their classroom practice and give rating points in the appropriate box.
- Each teacher should give a rating points on the four-point scale according to the teacher’s performance against each indicator.
- Work out total score on the performance standard (area) by adding scores on each indicator of the standard.
- Prepare a descriptive report on the basis of teacher assessment. The report may also include the areas in which help is required.
Guidelines for School Complex Head Masters (for PS&UPS)
Assessment by School Complex Head Master should be carried out twice (First quarter ending and third quarter ending ) in a year keeping in view the following points. School Complex HMs should assess each teacher’s performance report (PINDICS) at their cluster level twice in a year.
- School Complex HMS should consolidate the rating points of each standard of the teacher and should give an appropriate rating to each performance standard of the teacher.
- Complex HMS should submit the rating points of each standard of the teacher to MEOs at the Mandal level.
- Teacher’s self-assessment record (PINDICS) should be considered
- Observe actual classroom processes
- Have a dialogue with teachers, students, and SMC members to supplement teacher’s report
- Prepare a descriptive report based on self-observation and report collected from the teacher
- Discuss the report with the teacher concerned to improve his/her level of performance
- Link the information from teacher’s assessment using PINDICS with information about student attendance, curriculum coverage and student learning outcomes from Quality Monitoring Tools (QMTs)
- Complete Teacher Performance Sheet and Consolidation Sheet at a complex level.
In this above subject, the SPD has requested to all the DEOs and POs(SSA) to take necessary action for communication of the above instructions to all the teachers & school complex H.Ms in the respective districts for effective implementation of PINDICS in the schools.