Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) have released the official notification for the recruitment of Junior Engineer (JE) on its official websites. RRB had earlier released an advertisement few days ago but the official notification was published on Saturday, December 29.
Candidates can read the official notification to know about details of vacancies, eligibility criteria, application process and important dates. As per the official notification CEN 03/2018, as many as 13,487 posts would be filled by means of the recruitment drive.
Railways would be recruiting at the posts of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology) [JE(IT)], Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA). The online application process for the RRB JE recruitment will begin on January 2 and conclude on January 31. The interested candidates can apply online for the 13487 vacancies online at the official websites of RRB. There are a total of 12844 vacancies for the post of junior engineer, 29 for junior engineer (information technology), 227 for depot material superintendent and 387 for chemical and metallurgical assistant.
The online application fee for the general category students is Rs 500 while reserved category applicants (SC/ST) have to pay Rs 250. The fee can be paid through debit card, credit card, net banking or SBI e-Challan.
RRB JE Recruitment 2022-23 : RRB wise Vacancy details
Only a day after releasing the detailed advertisement for the recruitment of Junior Engineers, Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) released another notification revising the number of vacancies advertised earlier. After the revision by Indian Railway, there has been a significant decrease in the number of available vacancies. Instead of the 14,033 vacancies advertised earlier, RRBs would now recruit for 13,487 vacancies only. The vacancies have been reduced by 546 in number. Consequently the number of vacancies for each post has also gone down. As opposed to the 13,034 vacancies for Junior Engineer, now only 12844 vacancies are available for Junior Engineer post.
The number of Junior Engineer (Information Technology) vacancy has gone down from 49 to 29. The number of vacancies for Depot Material Superintendent has been reduced from 456 to 227, and the number of Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant vacancies has gone down from 494 to 387. The category-wise distribution of Junior Engineer and other vacancies has also changed. The revision of RRB JE vacancies comes days after the indicative advertisement was published in Employment News for the week.
RRB Ahmedabad: 399
RRB Ajmer: 825
RRB Allahabad: 1446
RRB Bangalore: 708
RRB Bhopal: 383
RRB Bhubaneshwar: 242
RRB Bilaspur: 404
RRB Chandigarh: 996
RRB Chennai: 1183
RRB Gorakhpur: 645
RRB Guwahati: 586
RRB Jammu: 460
RRB Kolkata: 1519
RRB Malda: 248
RRB Mumbai: 1544
RRB Muzaffarpur: 114
RRB Patna: 299
RRB Ranchi: 365
RRB Secunderabad : 789
RRB Siliguri: 195
RRB Thiruvananthapuram: 137
Candidate must know before the application process:
1. The application links will be available on the RRB websites on January 2 after 10:00 am.
2. An applicant will be allowed to apply only to one RRB. Candidates who apply to more than one RRB, their application will be rejected.
3. Applicants will need to upload scanned image of their photograph and signature in the application form. Photograph should be a JPEG image of size 20 KB to 50 KB and Signature should be a JPEG image of size 10 KB to 40 KB.
4. Candidates who seek free travel pass will have to upload SC/ST certificate also. The SC/ST certificate should of size 50 to 100 KB.
5. Candidates should provide their personal email id and phone number in the application and make sure that both remain active until the recruitment process is over since RRBs will send all communication related to the exam on the registered email id and phone number only.
RRB JE Recruitment 2023 : Eligibility
Indian citizens in the age bracket of 18 to 33 years with required educational qualification are eligible to apply for this recruitment. Both degree and diploma holders in engineering (as per the domain applied for) are eligible for various posts. Candidates are required to fulfill all the eligibility requirements as on January 31 (closing date of application).
Please note that candidates who have not completed their educational degree and are waiting for the results are not eligible to apply. It means that only those candidates who final year results for engineering degree or diploma are released before January 31 are eligible to apply.
Cut-off date for age limit, however, is January 1. That means, candidates ought to have completed their 18 years by Jan 01 and should be 33 years or less on that date. Also, extensions in the upper age limit to reserved category, as per the rules, are also applicable.
1. Candidates are required to select the RRBs at the time of submitting online application forms. Accordingly, all the candidates are advised to carefully go through the detailed Vacancy Table in the official notification before filling the online application form.
2. Only single online application for all the notified posts in opted RRB – Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology) [JE(IT)], Depot Material Superintendant (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA can be submitted on respective regions RRB websites.
3. Recruitment process would include First Stage CBT, Second Stage CBT and Document Verification. Candidates would be required to undergo medical tests at the time of DV.
4. RRB-wise shortlisting of candidates for 2nd Stage CBT shall be done at the rate of 15 times (may increase or decrease as per the requirement of Railway Administration). The shortlisting of 2nd Stage CBT will be based on the merit of the candidates in 1st Stage CBT.
5. There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
6. Candidates with partial option will be considered only for the specific categories opted by them. Non-option for certain posts would be considered as their unwillingness for the same.