Disbursement of Stipend to Boys & Girls with Special needs (CWSN Children), Provision to give stipend, Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT), IEDSS Component of RMSA, IEDSS scheme, key steps for implementation of DBT. DSE, RMSA Telangana, Rc.No.810,Dt.29.08.2016.
Sub: RMSA, TS, Hyderabad – IEDSS – Provision for the issue of Stipend to Girls with Special Needs through Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT) – Preparation List of Boys and Girls with Special Needs (CWSN) Students – Request to furnish hard and soft copies of the Children – Reg. Ref: D.O.No.14-14/2015-Rf’:,l.SA.II/IE, dt.09.08.2016 of the Deputy Secretary to the Government of India, MHRD, Department of School Education & Literacy, New Delhi.
The attention of all the District Educational Officer’s in the State is invited to the reference read above and are informed that the IEDSS component of RMSA, provision to give stipend to Girls with special needs @200/- per month for 10 months in a year. In order to ensure that the Disbursement of the Stipend takes place in a timely manner and reaches the intended beneficiaries without any delay, it is proposed to use the Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT) mode f’or the same.
In this connection the Government has decided to adopt Public Financial Management System (PFMS) platform for disbursement benefits directly from the state implementing agency of RMSA to the individual Bank Accounts of the beneficiaries. The PFMS is a common transaction-based, on-line fund Management and Payment System.
It is now extended to State Governments for effecting payments of plan funds. PFMS has operationalised an active Interface with as many as 90 Banks (26 Public Sector Banks, 59 Regional Rural Banks, and 5 Major Private Sector Banks) to provide immediate validation of Bank Accounts, prompt electronic credit to the beneficiary’s Bank accounts and Bank reconciled expenditure statements to the implementing agencies on a real time basis. A brief note on the key steps for implementation is enclosed herewith.
The District Educational Officers are therefore requested to communicate the D.O.The letter along with the enclosures including the proforma and a brief note on the key steps for implementation of the scheme, to all the Schools in their Districts with instructions to the Head Masters / Principals to open Aadhaar seeded Bank Accounts for the Boys and Girls with special needs(CWSN Children) at the earliest and the data pertaining to the beneficiaries is to be uploaded in the prescribed proforma on the Public Finance Management System(PFMS) in order to start the Direct Benefit Transfer(DBT) and the hard and soft copies may be sent to this office so as to submit action taken report to the Govt.
Key Steps for Implementation of DBT
1. The State implementing agency(SIA) under RMSA to register itself on the PFMS platform
2. State/district administration to coordinate with Banks to open a bank account for Girl Child with special needs covered under the IEDSS scheme. Special camps at the district level may be organized to complete this exercise by 31st July 2016.
3. Opening of Bank accounts for Girl Child with special needs, which should preferably be Aadhar seeded. The account shall be opened in the name of the beneficiary only.
4. Digitalization of the database (Bank accounts) in the enclosed excel format. A link on the RMSA website will also be created to submit the progress of the opening of bank accounts.
5. The school principals shall validate the digital database of the beneficiaries and forward the same to district authority for further sending it to state implementation agency.
6. The State Implementing Agency will upload the data received from district authorities on PFMS which will validate the data in 1-2 days.
7. D/o of School Education & Literacy will release the central share of girl child stipend under the IEDSS scheme twice in a year to the state treasury. State Treasury will release the fund to SIA along with the State share.
8. After validation, the funds received in the account of SIA will directly be transferred to the account of the beneficiary through the PFMS platform. The fund flow will be as follows-
D/o SE&L(Central Share) >> State Treasury>>State IMpementing Agency>>Acount of the beneficiary. Disbursement of Stipend to Boys, Girls with special needs(CWSN Children) 2016