Science and Maths Improvement Programme, TSSA Rc.54 Maths and Science Improvement Programme in Telangana UP Schools, Training to RPs, Designing of Training Curriculum, Workshop for Resource Persons,
In-service Teacher Trainings for Upper Primary Level Teachers on Maths and Science. Proceedings. Rc.No.54 has been issued on October 29th, 2014 for Mathematics Improvement Program and Science Improvement Program in Telangana Upper Primary Schools among the Children.
In this subject Designing of training curriculum for teachers at Upper primary level in Mathematics and Sciences a 2-day workshop on 31st October, 2014 and 1st November. 2014 at SPO, SSA, Telangana State. In this regarding after completion of workshop, a 3 day In-service Teacher Training programme will be conducted to UP Level Teachers and Resource Group Members in Telangana state.
So, UP School Maths and Science Subject Teachers will take a 3 day training at the mandal level. We are also waiting for these type of trainings for improvement in science subject and Maths subject. This proceedings details are provided here.
All the District Educational Officers, the Project Officers of SSA and Principals of IASE, CTEs and DIET Principals in the state are informed that the MHRD has approved 3-day training for the teachers handling the classes VI, VII and VIII in Mathematics and in Sciences separately at sub-district level for the year 2014-15 with the caption Mathematics improvement programme and Science Improvement programme.
Maths improvement Programme
The purpose of the Maths improvement Programme is to develop mathematical. logical and problem solving capabilities among children and helping all children as confident doers of Mathematics based on revised mathematics textbooks reflecting the spirit of NCF 2005 and CF 2011.
The objective of the training progranmie is
- Capacity building cf Mathematics teachers on Content enrichment. and classroom transaction-Providing mathematical Learning experiences.
- Improving classroom process through exploration, investigation, problem solving, project and experience based as a means for learning mathematics.
- Providing conceptual clarity through contextual examples, illustrations for developing mathematical concepts and understanding and mathematical intellectual skills viz. visualization, Logical reasoning, abstraction,.
- Developing Maths lab in the schools.
Science improvement Programme
A programme promoting spirit. of enquiry. scientific temper and attitudes, critical thinking is proposed viz.. Science Teaching through Experiments and Projects (STEP) at Upper Primary Level based on revised Science textbooks reflecting the spirit of NCF2005 and SCF2011.
The objective of the Science Improvement programme is
- Devising indicators of Science Classroom practices.
- Planning and executing of grade specific/concept specific experiments and field investigations, and science projects
- Focus on nature of science and history of scientific discoveries.
- Focus on popular science & application of science in daily life situation study linking environmental issues.
- Developing Children proficiency in Science process skills i.e., observation, investigation, measurement, clarification, estimation, questioning, reasoning, making hypothesis, generalization etc.
In this context, as there is a need to devise the training curriculum for the both subjects i.e., Mathematics and Sciences, a 2-day workshop is planned on 31st October. 2014 and 1st November, 2014 at SPO, SSA, Telangana State. The purpose of workshop is to devise the course content.. methodology of training, discussion on the time schedule etc.,
Hence, in this regard, the members mentioned here under associated with training of teachers in Science, in collaboration with SSA and other organizations who have experience in pedagogical issues of science and mathematics teaching are invited to attend a Two day workshop on 31st October, 2014 and lst November. 2014 at SSA. SPO, Telangana State, Hyderabad.
The District Educational Officers and the Project Officers of SSA and Principals of IASE, CTEs and DIET Principals are requested to depute identified Resource Group Members to attend the workshop from 31st Oct to 1st Nov 2014 at SPO Hyderabad for the purpose.