SVU Sri Venkateswara University Professors Recruitment, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati for the post of Associate Professors in the following departments of SVU Colleges, Librarian, SVU Library and Director, Academic Staff College(HRD Centre), SV University, Tirupati.
No.of Assistant Professors: 125
No.of Assistant Professors: 48
No.of Professors: 02
Online Applications are invited for the posts of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in the Departments of SVU Colleges and Others. For the Registration, Submission of Online Application, eligibility criteria, Research Experience, Registration Fee and other details, please visit the Website http://www.sche.ap.gov.in/ASSTPROF/Masters/Home.aspx, go through the linked with S V University website: www.svuniversity.edu.in.
Filled in Online Applications along with acknowledgment of Registration Fee, can be downloaded and submit the same with all necessary documents to the Registrar, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati- 517502 on or before 02.02.2018 by 5.00 P.M. Roster Points for the following 125 Teaching Posts (Assistant Professor) sanctioned by the Government of Andhra Pradesh in its G.O.Ms.No.30, Higher Education (UE) Department, dated 30.06.2017
Recruitment and Qualifications for the Post of Assistant Professors:
1. The Direct Recruitment to the Post of Assistant Professors in the University shall be on the basis of Merit through All India Advertisement and Selections by the duly Constituted Selection Committees as per the provisions made under UGC Regulations 2016, dated 30.08.2016
( Minimum Qualifications for appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in University and measures for the maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) (4th Amendment) and G.O.Ms.No.38, Higher Education (UE) Department, dated 23.06.2016.
i) Good Academic Record as define by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent Degree from an accredited foreign University.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET / SET.
iii) Candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET / SLET / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities / Colleges / Institutions.
“Provided further, the award of Degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D. Programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then-existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D.
Candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a) Ph.D. Degree of the Candidate awarded in regular mode only;
b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners ;
c) Open Ph.D. viva voce of the Candidate had been conducted;
d) Candidate has published two research papers from his / her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in Conferences / Seminars, based on his / her Ph.D. work.
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor / Pro-Vice-Chancellor / Dean ( Academic Affairs) / Dean (University instructions).” “Ph.D. Degrees which are pursued either full time or part-time will be treated as Degrees awarded through Regular Mode provided these are in conformity with the existing Statutes / Bye-laws / Ordinances etc. of the Degree awarding University.
However, the Ph.D. acquired under distance mode is not permitted”.
iv) NET / SLET / SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET / SLET / SET is not conducted.
v) A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled) / Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to Teaching Positions.
The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
vi) A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September 1991. Relevant grade which is regarded as the equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
2. The Application Fee:
The Application Fee for the Post of Assistant professor is Rs.1,000/- for Open Category and BC Category and Rs.500/- for SC and ST Categories.
On-line Screening Test: In addition to the minimum qualifications as per the UGC Regulations, 2010 amended from time to time, the Candidates shall have to appear the Screening test conducted through on-line. The Screening Test will be conducted either by the University or any other agency entrusted by the University
Date & Centre of the Screening Test: The date and venue of the on-line Screening Test will be communicated through the registered e-mail mentioned in the Application of the Candidate. Further, the date of the Screening Test will be communicated through the University website (www.svuniversity.edu.in). The Candidates are informed to browse the University website for the latest updates.
Syllabus of the Screening Test: The Syllabus of the Screening Test is hosted on the University website.
Scheme of the Screening Test: The test will consist of two papers, Paper I, Common to all Candidates, will be Teaching and Research Aptitude, while Paper II will be concerned Subject. Paper I and Paper II put together are for 300 marks. Paper, I will contain 120 objective type questions for 120 marks (each question carries 1 mark).
For Paper II, the Candidates have to answer 180 objective type questions for 180 marks (each question carries 1 marks). Duration for Paper I is 2 hours & Paper II duration is 3 hours.
Negative marks: There will be negative marks for each wrong answer. Each wrong answer will carry 1/3 negative marks for the question.
Qualifying marks: The minimum qualifying marks in the on-line Screening Test for consideration of an eligible Candidate to the oral interview in the case of OC Category is 40%, BC Category is 35% and for SC, ST and PH Categories is 30%.
Oral Interview: The Candidates, who qualify in the Screening Test, Shall be Called for Oral Interview according to the terms and conditions notified in the advertisement by the University.
Downloading of the Hall Tickets: Hall Tickets can be downloaded 7 Days before the commencement of the on-line Screening Test.
1. Submission of Online Application commences from 05-01-2018
2. Last date for submission of Online Applications 02-02-2018
3. Last date for receiving the printed online application (in two copies of particulars) along with all the necessary documents 04-02-2018
Those who have applied the earlier notification issued during 2013, also again need to apply afresh “Online Application” presently notified reservation category and the qualification prescribed for the posts.
Name of the Department/ Institution: Group -I (Arts):
1. Business Management: 01 Post
2. Econometrics: 01 Post
3. Economics: 01 Post
4. Tamil: 01 Post
Group II (Sciences)
1. Geology: 01 Post
1. Library: 01 Post
Qualification: Masters Degree, M.Phil./ Ph.D.(Relevant discipline)/ NET/ SET/ SLET with experience.
Instructions to Candidates
1. A copy of the advertisement is displayed on the website. Svuniversity.edu.in
2. A separate application shall be submitted for each post along with the registration fee prescribed as per the Notification / Prospectus. Registration fee once paid will not be refunded.
3. If the space provided in any column of the application is not sufficient for furnish full details relating to that column, a separate sheet may be attached mentioning the head of the column at the top of the sheet.
4. Attested true copies of all the testimonials, details of educational qualifications, Date of Birth Certificate, Caste Certificate, Experience Certificate, Service Certificate, etc, shall be enclosed to the application. All the Original certificates shall be compulsorily produced at the time of interview for verification.
5. Indian Postal Orders/Bank Challan and Money orders will not be accepted. The University not responsible for any postal delay and loss while in transit.
6. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / BC categories shall enclose attested true copies of the Integrated Permanent Caste Certificate issued by the M.R.O. / Tahsildar in the prescribed proforma. Candidates from other categories should enclose certificates issued by the competent authorities, failing which their claims will not be considered.
7. (a) Applicants who are employed shall send their applications through proper channel accompanied by a letter of consent obtained from the employer concerned.
(b) Teachers in the employment of the Universities etc. shall apply through proper channels.
(c) If the applicant is selected for the post, he/she will be appointed to the post on the minimum pay of the time scale attached to the post and no protection of last pay drawn in the previous employment will be given unless the Selection Committee which selects him/her specifically recommends such protection and the appointing authority accepts it.
8. Experience and qualifications will be reckoned as on the last date prescribed for the submission of filled in application to the University. Good and clear photocopies of all certificates must be attached to the application.
9. Canvassing in any form will be construed as a disqualification.
10. Applications received after the due date and incomplete or not conforming of the prescribed format in any respect will not be considered and no communication will be entertained in this regard. Any postal delay will not be considered.
11. The candidate shall attend the interview at the venue and time & date fixed as specified at his /her own expense.
12. A candidate who is found to have furnished false particulars or to have suppressed material information or to have been found involved in unlawful activities shall be disqualified and if appointed, will be liable to be dismissed without any notice.
13. If any candidate was found convicted by a Court of Law involving illegal activities at a later date and such appointment shall be canceled automatically without any notice.
14. The Selected candidates will be governed by Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS) made applicable to all the newly appointed candidates, as per G.O.Ms.No. 653, 654 & 655, Finance (Pen) Department, dated 22.09.2004
15. The University reserves to itself the right to increase or decrease the number of posts to fill or not to fill any or all the notified posts.
16. Filled in applications in all respects should be sent to the Registrar, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati 517 502, Chittoor District (A.P.) India by Registered Post/ Speed Post so as to reach the University office on or before 14.08.2017 together with a Crossed Demand Draft for Rs.5,000/- (Rupees Five thousand only) towards Registration Fee drawn not earlier than
17.07.2017 in favor of The Registrar, S.V. University, Tirupati, superscribed on the cover as “Application for the Post of …………in the Department of…..
17. There is no provision for the sales of application at the University are elsewhere. The application has to be downloaded from the University website: www.svuniversity.edu.in.
18. Ss per G.O.Ms.No.38 Higher Education (UE) Dept. dated 23.06.2016 – Revision of Appendix to G.O.Ms.No.14 Higher Education (UE.II) Department, dated 20.02.2010 implementation of UGC Regulations 2010, the scale of pay of Professor is Rs. 37400-67000+AGP of Rs.10000.
1. Proof of Date of Birth
2. Latest Caste Certificate issued by the Tahsildar / MRO.
3. Medical Certificate issued by a competent authority in case of candidates of PH / VH category
4. Attested copies of Educational Qualifications
5. Attested copy of NET / SET / SLET qualification
6. Attested copy of the Ph.D. certificate issued by the degree-awarding University to the effect that the Ph.D. degree awarded to the candidate is in accordance with the minimum standards and procedures as per UGC Regulations, 2009.
7. Proof of previous teaching & administrative experience
8. No Objection Certificate, if the applicant is an employee and if the application is not forwarded through the employer
9. Testimonials, if any10. Demand Draft for Rs.5000/- or US$100/- (In the case of candidates applying from abroad) towards
11. ‘TEN’ copies of duly filled in “Form of Particulars”
12. List of Research Publications
How to Apply: Filled in applications in all respects should be sent to the Registrar, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Chittoor District (A.P.) India by Registered Post/ Speed Post so as to reach the University office on or before 22.01.2018 together with a Crossed Demand Draft in favor of The Registrar, S.V. University, Tirupati.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details