Headmaster, School Complex Headmaster, MEOs and Dy.EOs, DIETs, CTEs and IASEs, District Educational Officers (DEOs) and State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) System level accountability towards teachers and children performance, quality classroom process as per RTE Act 2009.
System level accountability towards teachers performance and quality classroom process, children performance:
- The headmaster is accountable for performing duties by all teachers as mentioned above.
- HM has to conduct monthly review meetings and record the progress on children learning achievement and record the status and suggestions in the minute’s book.
- Focus on the follow-up action on the suggestions made in the academic register by the monitoring staff.
- Organize SMC meetings as per the schedule and see that every teacher shares the children’s performance with parents and SMC members.
- Focus on the implementation of CCE and other RTE related quality initiatives.
School Complex Headmaster:
- School Complex HM is responsible for the quality of teaching-learning processes and children’s performance in the schools under his jurisdiction.
- The HM must visit all the schools in a month and share his observations during the school complex meetings and ensure to improve the situation.
- Ensure proper attendance of the teachers to the complex meeting and take up activities as per the agenda and recording the minutes.
- The HM shall present in the school complex meeting and identify efficient teachers and appreciate them.
MEOs and Dy. EOs:
- The MEO / Dy. EOs must ensure the performance of duties by the teachers as enlisted above. If any discrepancy or gaps MEO/ Dy. EO is accountable and responsible.
- Any gaps and lapses in the schools towards the performance of duties by the teachers, headmasters and poor children perform the MEO/ Dy. EO is answerable. Evidence must be recorded and an appropriate explanation shall be called for which reveals the functioning of the MEO/ Dy. EO and his focus on schools. If any teacher / HM does not respond to the suggestion made and explanations called for the same must be reported DEO.
- To ensure proper attendance and punctuality and other duties of teachers the MEO Dy. EO must be in schools before school assembly on every working day and observe all the processes and available in the office after 3.00 P.M.
- Professional development is addressed through school complex meetings and MEO and Dy. E.O. must ensure proper attendance of the teachers and conduct of school complex activities as per the agenda and attend the meetings.
- Ensure proper utilization of all types of grants to the schools and verify the stock and issue registers.
- Identify the good teachers encourage and appreciate them in the schools and in other meetings.
DIETs, CTEs and IASEs:
- School visits and observe the trends teacher practice and professionalism and children’s performance and submit a report to the DEOs and Director, SCERT.
- The staff to attend the review meetings at various levels i.e., complex, Mandal and district and share their observations and suggest measures.
- Conceptualize appropriate strategies and programs to ensure teaching practices in a child-friendly and child-centered way and ensure learning through discovery, exploration, projects, experiments, etc., Support the schools to ensure these quality processes through on job support, material development, training, workshops, etc.,
- Conduct action research to address the problems related to pedagogy and children’s performance and take up studies program evaluations on various initiatives being implemented in the field.
- Monitor and support sub-district level resource centers like school complexes, MRCs.
- Quality Education depends on quality teachers which requires proper support by way of Formulating and building the capacity of subject forums across the curriculum. Therefore teacher education institutions shall focus on creating such subject forums and use their services in training, material development, academic monitoring of schools, etc.,
District Educational Officers (DEOs):
- DEO must ensure proper functional aspects of MEOs and Dy. EOs.
- DEO shall visit the schools and preferably before school assembly and observe the classroom processes and children’s performance.
- The agenda for the review meeting with MEOs, Dy.EOs and headmasters must possess the items on the performance of duties of teachers, quality teaching-learning process, children performance and utilization of available resources like Library, Lab, grants, ICT, etc.,
- The schools and Mandal may be classified into A, B, C, D categories based on children’s performance and DEO must review the MEOs and Dy. EOs with this report and share his observations during the review meeting and take necessary action to improve the situation.
- Appreciation letters to the good Schools, good Teachers, good MEOs, good Teacher Educators. Communication of the review meeting minutes to the MEOs and Dy. EOs.
- DEO to plan for school improvement initiatives and reforms to improve the situations.
State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT):
- SCERT shall focus on Curriculum implementation and observe the trends in the teacher’s professional practice and functional aspects of schools and headmasters and design appropriate strategies to improve the situation.
- Design appropriate courses in various curricular areas for the professional development of teachers.
- Monitor the functional aspects and professional practices of teacher education institutes.
- Design quality in-service teacher training programs to ensure quality classroom processes and take up appropriate impact studies and evaluations.
- Build subject-specific forums and take up capacity building of these forums on a continuous basis.
- Undertaking Research Studies and program evaluation on various initiatives being implemented in the field.
- Publications ad material development on current trends and contemporary issues and practices and disseminate to the field.
- System level accountability towards teachers and children performance