G.O.RT.No. 159, Date:19-12-2014: Telangana State Government,Transport, Roads and Buildings(Tr-I) Department-Transport Department – Report of the Committee on issues relating to safety and security of Women & Girls in Telangana State – Recommendations made – SHE TAXI Scheme – Constitution of Committee.
Report of the Committee on issues relating to Safety and Security of Women and Girls in Telangana State.
The Hon’ble Chief Minister have reviewed on the report of the Committee on the issues relating to safety and security of Women and Girls and instructed to expedite the work on the recommendations of the Committee. With regard to the recommendations of the Committee on safety of Women passengers, the concept of SHE TAXI scheme is proposed. In
order to prepare, implement and monitor the scheme, a Committee is constituted with the following Officials:
A Committee Constituted for prepare, implement and monitor the SHE TAXI scheme
- The Transport Commissioner, Telangana State ..Chairman
- Representative of the Inspector General, Traffic, Hyderabad (DCP Level) ..Member
- The Director/Commissioner, Women & Child Welfare Department, Hyderabad ..Member Convenor
- Representative of the Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad (ACP Level) ..Member
- Representative of the Commissioner of Police, Cyberabad. (ACP Level) ..Member
SHE TAXI Scheme to take up the following list of activities
2.The above Committee will prepare modalities for implementation of the SHE TAXI Scheme to take up the following list of activities.
- Preparation of Project Report
- To call for Applications.
- Selection of Beneficiaries
- Tie-up with Banks
- Selection and Procurement of vehicles
- Training and Orientation for 7 days.
- Project Monitoring Unit (Officers and Consultants)
- The Committee will submit it’s report to the Committee on Issues relating to Safety and Security of Women and Girls in Telangana State with its recommendations.
- The Committee will accord permission to give a News paper advertisement for selecting (50) Drivers (Women) from Hyderabad and Cyberabad to provide them SHE TAXIS at 35% subsidy. If it is not possible to get all the drivers from Hyderabad, Cyberabad, some of the candidates would be selected from neighbouring districts. For the non-residential drivers the accommodation will be provided in the working womens’ Hostels in the Twin Cities.