TKHH Haritha Patashala Program Role and Responsibilities, Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram – Haritha Patashala Program/ Green Telangana- Green School Program: The Telangana State Government has initiated a flagship program, “Telanganaku Haritha Haaram” for taking massive afforestation activities to increase the green cover of the Telangana State.
As a part of the Telanganaku Haritha Haaram program, the Department of School Education undertaking 1 Crore tree plantation in the schools/offices in 3 years during 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram – Haritha Patashala Program will be involved in the following three main stages:
Stage 1: Estimation of Plantation Requirements (May/June)
State 2: Plantation/Landscape Designing(June/July/August)
State 3: Implementation (June onwards)
Green Telangana- Green School Program: Director of School Education, RJD, DEO, DyEO, MEO, Head Master/HM, Teachers, and Students roles and responsibilities in the implementation of Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram – Haritha Patashala Program( Green Telangana- Green Schools)
Director of School Education:
1. Overall planning, coordination, and management.
2. Development of training modules
3. Checking out training programs on Haritha Haram to teachers /school management committees/students
4. Internal and external communication with all the Region level/District level officers, media, etc.
5. Coordination with State-level agencies involved, viz. Forest Department.
6. Orientation and training programs.
Role of RJD/DEO :
1. Ensuring planning and implementation of the plantation in all schools in his jurisdiction
2. Conducting training programs on Haritha Haram to teachers /school management committees/students
3. Engagement of consultants/experts for plantation/landscaping designing for undertaking implementation.
4. Coordination with local offices of the Forest Department etc.
5. Organizing of plantation drives involving schools, local community, etc.
6. Documentation of the progress of work at the State/Regional/District level.
Role of Dy.E.O/M.E.O :
1. Ensuring training/planning and implementation of the plantation in all schools.
2. Coordination with local offices of the Forest Department etc.
3. Organizing of plantation drives involving schools, local community, etc.
4. Monitoring and documentation of the progress of work at the Divisional /Mandal level.
Role of Head Master and Teachers :
1. Ensuring planning and implementation of the plantation in their respective school along with school management committees
2. Ensuring watering of plants and watch & ward.
3. Identification areas in the school for plantation and landscaping.
4. Coordination with the local office of the Forest Department/Nursery.
5. Organizing of plantation drive involving all the students of their school.
6. Reviving of National Green Corps.
7. Weekly one period will be earmarked as ‘Green Period‘ and it will be incorporated in the Academic Calendar.
8. Documentation of the progress of work at the Divisional/Mandal level.
Role of Students :
1. To participate in the plantation drive conducted in their school.
2. Motivate fellow students to participate actively in the plantation drives
3. Every student shall adopt one plant and take care of its watering and proper growth.