What is E-Office Project? and E-Office benefits
E-Office means Electronic – Office, the eOffice system or project aims to support governance by ushering in more effective and transparent inter and intra-government processes. The vision of e-Office is to achieve a simplified, responsive, effective and transparent working of all government offices. So, the chief minister of A.P, Chandrababu Naidu has introduced the e-office on 20th Dec, 2014 and in this programme, its adviser J.Satya Narayana, Minister pale RaghuNadha Reddy and Panifala Sunitha were involved. CMO as well as the office of the CS will go paperless in the first phase, with all files getting routed through computer networks to cut short delays in decision making and all files will be digitized. This project has been introduced in ten departments in first phase and it will be expanded to 29 other departments. All welfare departments including SC, ST, BC, women and child as well as housing, IT, finance, law and agriculture departments were modernized into e-offices from December 20th, 2014.
E-Office System Benefits
A.P state will become as e-sachivalay
The e-office will be useful to every people to get the files quickly from the officers. The honesty of the government will be appeared by processing these files through the e-office. The officers who are working in different departments, they can get the information and cheek the information from anywhere any time. Firstly it will be introduced only in ten departments by knowing the process of e-mail we can use e-office easily.
The conventional governance process is based around creation of files, notes in the file, decision at various levels, and finally issuing decisions as GOs and circulars. Any request to the government passes through elaborate processing at different stages leaving little scope for transparency. Since most of these processes are handled in the form of files which move forward and backward for decisions, automation of these files can play a very crucial role in improving the efficiency of decision making, according to Officials.
The e-office is expected to eliminate manual movement of files thus saving a lot of time. By deciding workflow charts, departments can plan a specific time period for the clearance of each category of file. Heads of the department can instantly check where a specific file is held up and even the time taken by each officer at various levels to clear the file.
Most importantly, the system will eliminate filing of papers, thus making all government offices paperless. The threat of file loss will become a thing of the past as departments have been asked to ensure back-ups of all files every month and send a copy to the head office.
- Enhance transparency – files can be tracked and their status is known to all at all times,
- Increase accountability – the responsibility of quality and speed of decision making is easier to monitor,
- Assure data security and data integrity
- Provide a platform for re-inventing and re-engineering the government,
- Promote innovation by releasing staff energy and time from unproductive procedures,
- Transform the government work.
- culture and ethics,
- Promote greater collaboration in the work place and effective knowledge management
E-office introduced with six parts
- E-file: In this, the files are set up in an order to be used for everyone those who needs.
Simplified, Accountable, Responsive, Effective, Transparent Electronic System: The Government has been putting great emphasis on improving productivity and its internal processes, increased transparency in the decision making and bring in citizen participation as part of the inclusive governance.. Governance processes are based around creation of files, notings in the file, decision at various levels, and finally issuing decisions as letters and notifications. Any request to the Government goes through an elaborate processing of different stages called workflow. Most of these processes are handled in the form of files which move forward and backward for decisions. An automation of these files can play a very crucial role both in improving the efficiency of decision making and also in building transparency in governance.
Knowledge Management System:It work as an information system having the laws, the formulas of the files. It is an Enterprise Document Management System. Government have to manage large volumes of documents of various categories .These documents can be Policies, Forms, Acts and Regulations, Circulars, Guidelines and Standards and Manuals. Maintaining a central repository of document helps to have a single repository of documents from where all department/ministry users can access the information.
eOffice KMS enables users to create and manage electronic documents that can be viewed, searched and shared. It is also capable of keeping track of the different versions modified by different users (Tracking history). It also contains a dynamic workflow to keep document in various stages.
- E-leave: It is useful to the officers to give the application of the leave letter. Quick and Convenient Mode to Manage Leaves. eLeave is a simple intuitive workflow based system to apply for leave online ,track the status of applied leave, details of leaves taken and balance. Approval of leave is enabled through the automated hierarchical channel of submission and leave is routed to the hierarchy that is pre-defined in the work flow. The leave rules are configured as per the existing Government manual and leave processing is role based. The system helps to eliminate the paper based applications and faster and time bound processing. Approving authority can view the leave balance and also leave details of employees prior to approving leave.
- E-toor: It shows where the officer was traveled. eTour is a system that facilitates the efficient management of employee tour programs, from the time of applying for the tour to the final settlement of bills. This system ensures that all tour requests are properly accounted for. Employees can apply for, cancel, approve/reject and view tour records without any hassle and delay of going through the paper work. For employees, the system allows to easily view their tour details at any point any time and request tours online. For managers, tour approval no longer involves trails of paperwork. The system provides complete trails of the employee’s tour and plans.
- Personal Information System(PIMS): The personal records of the officer will appear. Work flow Based Employee Records Management System: Personnel Information Management System(PIMS) is a workflow-based system for maintaining the details of an employee. The main details of Employee Identity, Skill Sets, Contact Details, Posting & Location, CGHS, Nomination, Service Vol-1 and Vol-2, Loans, Salary Details, HBA, Record Verification Details. PIMS allows users to enter and update the employee personal data and employment records according to the access and role privileges. PIMS stores all the information required from an employee as per the provisions of the Service Book
- Collaborations and Messaging Services(CSMS): The information and the messages are passing and the salary slips income taxes by using this CSM. It is an unified Collaboration and Messaging Platform. eOffice Collaboration and Messaging services helps users to communicate effectively and share information and ideas in real time. The Open architectures of the model enable to integrate the different eOffice services. The eTalk pulls all your files, documents, leave ,tour together into one place while at the same time updating your status. With the unified communication and collaboration environment , employee can personalise and configure for communicating and collaborating fostering a more connected workplace
The important thing in the process of e-office is Digital Signature. This Digital Signature can be done by the officer after matching all the reference of the files. By introducing these e-office system, the A.P state will become as e-sachivalay before 31st March, 2015. It uses to the employees in coordinating internally and in sending messages vise versa etc. And also it will use in verify of Pay Slips, GPF, Income tax etc of the employees.