How to Claim Arrear and Other Bills Before 2nd June 2014. Certain Arrear and Other Claims pertaining to the period both Pre & Post bifurcation of the erstwhile State of Andhra Pradesh. Clarification on their admissibility in the State of Telangana and apportionment of liability and expenditure on such claims between the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Government of Telangana State, Finance Department, Government Order. Rt.No.243, Dated: 22-07-2014: A.P. State Reorganization Act, 2014 – Procedure and Clarification have been issued on Certain Arrear and Other Claims pertaining to the period both Pre & Post bifurcation of the erstwhile State of Andhra Pradesh i.e., 02-06-2014, Also in this subject Clarification has been issued on their admissibility in the State of Telangana and apportionment of liability and expenditure on such claims between the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh by TS Government.
- A.P. Reorganisation Act. 2014.
- G.O.Ms.No. 137 Finance (Pension-II) Department, dated 31-05-2014.
- G.O.Ms.No.140 Finance (PSC) Department, dated 31-05-2014.
- Letter No. AG (A&E) FM/GL.II/2014-15/606, dated 17-06-2014 of DAG (ACs&VLC) o/o AG (A&E) A.P. and Telangana, Hyderabad.
- Letter No. PAO/Admn.U.I/2014-2015/30, dated 08-07-2014 of the Pay and Accounts Office, Telangana, Hyderabad.
- Letter No. D2/358/2014, dated 14-07-2014 of the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Telangana, Hyderabad.
- Cir. Memo. No. 13/06/HRM.V/2014 Finance (HRM-V) Department, dated 14-07-2014,
- Cir.Memo.No.964/07/A2/HRM.V/2014 Finance (HRM-V) Department, dated 15-07-2014.
Government in the reference 2nd read above, orders have been issued for payment of claims pertaining to GPF authorisations by the DDOs by way of single bill duly indicating the share of each state in two major heads of account i.e., 8009 –State Provident Funds and 8793 –Interstate Suspense Account. 2. In the reference 3rd read above, Government have issued guidelines with regard to the procedure to be followed for apportionment of Final Encashment Value of Earned Leave due to Retirement / Death while in harness in the context of State Re-organization.
- In the reference 4th read above, the Principal Accountant General (PAG (A&E)) Andhra Pradesh and Telangana has noticed that certain deficiencies in the Government order 2nd read above and suggested a revised procedure of two separate bills instead of a single bill while preferring claims for payment of Final GPF authorisations as the transactions involve two different heads of accounts.
- In the reference 5th read above, the Pay and Accounts Officer, Telangana, Hyderabad has requested the Government to clarify and issue necessary orders on the following points.
- To issue revised orders to the D.D.Os. for preparation of two separate bills for the total authorized amount of GPF and Final encashment value of earned leave of retired employees.
- To issue orders for adopting the procedure for apportionment of arrears bills / Unpassed bills (returned) before 02-06-2014 and subsequently admitted by the P.A.O. Telangana in the month of June when preferred by the D.D.Os.
- To issue necessary guidelines to be followed in admitting the arrears bills (Viz. Pay and allowances, employees retirement benefits – GIS, FBF & contingent expenditure) pertaining to the period prior to 02-06-2014.
- In the reference 8th read above, the Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Telangana has requested the Government to issue specific guidelines for authorization, preparation of Bills and apportionment of expenditure in respect of the following claims:
(1) Pay and allowances (Salaries, arrear claim of increment & fixations etc., Prior to 02.06.2014)
(2) Leave Salary (Leave prior to 02.06.2014 and subsequently sanctioned)
(3) LTC (undertaken tour prior to 02.06.2014 but preferring claim now)
(4) TA (tours undertaken prior to 02.06.2014 but preferring claim now)
(5) Medical Reimbursement (underwent treatments prior to 02.06.2014 but preferring claim now)
(6) Utility payments (Water, Electricity, Telephone etc.,of periods prior to (02.06.2014)
(7) Rents, Rates and Taxes ( periods prior to 02.06.2014) .
- Government after careful examination of the proposals, order the following Procedure and Guidelines to be adopted for claiming the payment of the above nature:
(A)Pay & Allowances bills (Salaries, Arrear Claims of Increments, Fixation etc.,) and Leave Salary:
i) The sanctioning authority shall clearly indicate the apportionment of the liability between the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh, in the population ratio, ie, 41.68% & 58.32, respectively. The DDOs shall prepare two separate bills (in respect of each claims), one for liability on the State of Telangana and another for the liability of the State of AP. The bill for the liability of the Telangana State shall be preferred under respective head of the Department, under 010 Salaries or under relevant DH/SDH, whereas the expenditure for the liability of the State of AP shall be booked under MJH- 8793-ISS- MNH-129 – AP State Share. The trans ID of each bill shall also be indicated on the other part of the bill for cross verification. The Treasury Officer must ensure that the bills for the liability of the both State are submitted simultaneously, otherwise the bills shall be returned with audit objection.
The DDOs of the last station of the composite State of AP, shall furnish a Non Drawl Certificate in respect of claim of each individual and the DDOs of the Offices in successor States shall enclose the same to one of the bills, submitted to the Treasuries. An attested copy (by the DDO of the office in the Successor State) shall be enclosed to the 2nd bill of the claim. The other laid down codal provisions shall be strictly followed for preparation and auditing of the bills for payment by the DDOs and the Treasury officers respectively.
The above procedure may be adopted in respect of the claims, which relate to the period, up to 1.06.2014, for which sanctions have been accorded on or after 2.06.2014.
ii) In respect of the claims for which sanctions have already been accorded for the period, that pertain partly to the composite State of AP and either of the successor States of Telangana and AP, the DDOs shall be permitted to act based on such sanctions. In such circumstances the DDOs have to prepare three bills for settlement of the claims, viz
(a) One bill for the liability of the State of Telangana @ 41.68% of the liability up to 1.06.2014 debitable to the regular expenditure head.
(b) Another bill for the liability of the State of AP @ 58.32%of the liability up to 1.06.2014 debitable to MJH- 8793-ISS- MNH-129 – A.P. State Share.
(c) The 3rd bill for the period from 2.06.2014 onwards by concerned State debitable to the regular expenditure head.
iii) In respect of the claims that pertain partly to the period of the composite State of AP and partly to Telangana, for which sanction has not been accorded, competent authority in the successor State shall be permitted to accord sanction , duly obtaining all the relevant information from the concerned and incur the expenditure. The procedure for drawl and apportionment of expenditure shall be as in the case of claims at para A (ii).
(B) LTC, TA, Medical Reimbursement and Utility Payments (i.e., Water, Electricity, Telephone etc.,) pertaining to the period prior to bifurcation i.e., 02.06.2014 :
In respect of claims such as LTC, TA, Medical Reimbursement and utility payments (i.e., Water, Electricity, Telephone etc.,) pertaining to the period prior to the bifurcation of state i.e., 02.06.2014 (composite state) the DDOs shall be claim and prefer two bills in the population ratio i.e., 41.68% & 58.32% in respect of both states as given below:
(1) Telangana state share: – 41.68% of the total bill debitable to the concerned expenditure head.
(2) A.P. State share :- 58.32% of the total bill debitable to the Head of Account MJH-8793 – Inter State Suspense – MNH-129-A.P. State Share.
The sanctioning authority shall clearly mention the apportionable amount of the total claim in respect of both the states in the sanction order duly showing the amount under each HOA to which it is debitable duly reducing the advances paid if any and the supporting vouchers & documents in original and original sanction order shall be enclosed to the Telangana state share bill and the Xerox copies shall be enclosed to the AP State share bill i.e., MJH- 8793-ISS- MNH-129 – AP State Share claim. The transaction IDs of both the bills should be noted on the corresponding part of the bill for cross verification and both the bills should be submitted simultaneously at Treasury / PAO as the case may be.
The DDOs of the last station of the composite state shall clearly mention in the L.P.C., of the respective individual as to the advances drawn & paid towards TA, LTC, Medical reimbursement etc., to the DDOs of the offices in successor state so as to enable him to take further necessary action in settlement of bills.
(C)The other payments which are not covered under the above mentioned expenditure heads shall also apportioned between Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states at the population ratio i.e., 41.68 & 58.32 % which are due for the period before 02.06.2014 as per the procedure envisaged above.
(D) Government in the reference 7th and 8th read above, have issued clarifications regarding the payment of final G.P.F. and Final Encashment of Earned Leave due to retirement / death respectively.
(E) The bills which falls due for the period pertains after bifurcation i.e., w.e.f 02.06.2014 shall be borne by the respective states only.
- All Departments of Secretariat are requested to issue suitable instructions to the Heads of Departments under their control to follow the above instructions scrupulously by the D.D.Os., concerned under their control.
- The Director of Treasuries and Accounts, Telangana, Hyderabad / Pay and Accounts Officer, Telangana, Hyderabad / Director of Works and Accounts, Telangana, Hyderabad shall issue suitable instructions to their unit offices.
- These instructions are also available in Telangana Government Website http:// www.tgfinance. gov.in/http://goir.tg.gov.in
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details