Telangana State Council of Higher Education Act, 1988 as adapted to the State of Telangana. Telangana State Council of Higher Education. Constitute the Telangana State Council of Higher Education(TSCHE)
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
HIGHER EDUCATION – Telangana State Council of Higher Education – Constitution-Notification-Orders-Issued.
HIGHER EDUCATION (UE) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 7; Dated: 05-08-2014
1)The Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014)
2)G.O.Ms.No.5, Higher Education (UE) Department, dated 2.8.2014
3)G.O.Ms.No.6, Higher Education (UE) Department, dated 5.8.2014
The following Notification shall be published in the Extra-ordinary issue of the Telangana State Gazette dated: 05-08-2014.
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education Act, 1988 as adapted to the State of Telangana vide G.O second read above, the State Government of Telangana hereby constitute a State Council to be called as the “Telangana State Council of Higher Education” w.e.f. 05-08-2014.
- The Telangana State Council of Higher Education shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said corporate name.
- In all suits and other legal proceedings by or against the State Council the proceedings shall be signed and verified by the Secretary and all processes in such suits and proceedings shall be issued to and served on the Secretary.
- The headquarters of the Council shall be located at Hyderabad.
- (1)The State Council shall consist of the following members namely:
I. FULL TIME MEMBERS:
(i) a Chairman, and
(ii) One Vice-Chairman
To be appointed by the Government from among eminent educationalists.
II. EX-OFFICIO MEMBERS:
(i)The Secretary to Government, Education Department:
(ii) The Secretary to Government, Finance Department:
(iii) The Secretary to Government, Labour, Employment and technical Education:
(iv) Secretary or any other Officer of the UGC not below the rank of Joint Secretary nominated by the Chairman, UGC.
(v) The Vice-Chancellors of Osmania University, Kakatiya University, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, Telangana University, Mahatma Gandhi University, Palamuru University, Satavahana University,
III. OTHER MEMBERS
(i) Four persons to be appointed by the Government from among eminent educationists
(ii) One Person who shall represent the Industry to be appointed by the Government.
(iii) Three persons of whom one shall be a technical expert, to be nominated by the State Government
- Every appointment under this Section shall take effect from the date on which it is notified by the Government.