New Vehicle Registration Codes for Telangana State, T State New Vehicle Registration Codes: On June 2nd, when the state of Telangana is formed, The Road Transport Authority for Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are operating. All registrations in the new Telangana state will be registered under the TS Code, while all vehicles previously registered under AP will be changed to TS number plates. Here is a list of the Official changes that are to be made, released by the RTA.
All vehicle registrations in Telangana State will bear TS initials from 18th June onwards. The T State government had issued related orders on 17th June evening. Each of the ten districts has been allotted a different number code. Related GO’s are Provided here. GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Motor Vehicles- Adaptation of certain laws, Rules/Notifications with Respect to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963 – Orders – Issued. TRANSPORT, ROADS & BUILDINGS (Tr-I) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No.2; Dated:17th June 2014
Read the following:-
From the Transport Commissioner, Telangana, Hyderabad Letter.NO.9/S/2014, Dated: 12-06-2014.
The following notification shall be published in the Extra-Ordinary issue of the Telangana Gazette, Dated:17-06-2014. NOTIFICATION
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the A.P. Re-organization Act 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014). The Government of Telangana hereby makes the following order:
1.(i) This Order may be called the Telangana Adaption of Motor Vehicles laws order 2014
(ii) It shall extend to the whole State of Telangana.
(iii) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. The Laws as amended from time to time, specified in the schedule to this order, which were in force in the State of Andhra Pradesh immediately before the formation of the State of Telangana, are hereby adopted in the State of Telangana subject to the modification mentioned in the Schedule to and shall be in force in the State of Telangana until repealed or amended subject to the modification that throughout the Laws for the words “Andhra Pradesh” wherever they occur the words” Telangana” shall be substituted.
3. Anything done or any action taken including any appointment made, notification, notice, order, rule, form, regulation, certificate or license issued in exercise of the powers conferred by or under the laws specified in the schedule and Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 shall continue to be in force in the State of Telangana. SCHEDULE (Annexure to G.O.Ms.No.2; T,R&B Department,dated:17-06-2014)
1. A.P. Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 duly substituting First Schedule issued under Rule 80 as shown below. The First Schedule Registering Authority Codes ASSIGNED TO VARIOUS REGIONS IN TELANGANA STATE
New vehicles for Telangana State New Vehicle Registration Series for T State, New registration Numbers for vehicles in T state
|Sl. No||Registering Authority||Registering Authority Code|
|7||Ranga Reddy||TS-7 & 8|
|8||i) Hyderabad||TS-9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14|
|ii) RTC Vehicles||All the series starting with ‘Z’|
|iii) Police Department Vehicles||Under ‘9’ starting with ‘P’|
The series with T, U, V, W, X, and Y shall be used exclusively for Transport vehicles (including Tractor-Trailers)
2. All notifications issued before 02-06-2014 under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and A.P. Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
3. A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963
4. A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Rules, 1963
5. All Notifications issued under A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Act, 1963 and A.P. Motor Vehicles Taxation Rules, 1963.
6. Andhra Pradesh State Transport Appellate Tribunal Rules, 1989
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 – Allotment of Registration Mark to the new vehicles in the State of Telangana as “TS” – Notification Issued by Government of India – Republished in the Telangana Gazette – Orders – Issued. TRANSPORT, ROADS & BUILDINGS (Tr.I) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No.1, Dated:17-06-2014
Read the following:
1. From the Principal Secretary to Govt., TR&B Dept., Govt.of Telangana, Lr.No.4082/Tr.I(1)/2014, dated 4th June 2014.
2. From the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India, New Delhi, Notification dated 09-06-2014.
The following notification of the Government of India shall be republished in the extra-ordinary issue of the Telangana Gazette:- Government of India Ministry of Road Transport & Highways NOTIFICATION New Delhi, the 09th June 2014.
S.O1486(E):- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section ( 6 ) of Section 41 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988), the Central Government hereby makes the following further amendments in the notification of Government of India in the then Ministry of Surface Transport published in the Gazette of India, vide number S.O.444 ( E ), dated 12th June 1989, with effect from the date of publication of this notification in the Official Gazette, namely:-
In the Table to the said notification, against serial No. 29A, relating to the State of Telangana, in column ( 2 ), for the entry “ TG” the entry “TS” shall be substituted. (F.No.RT-11028/05/2014-MVL)
Note: The Principal notification was published in the Gazette of India, vide S.O.444 (E), dated the 12th June 1989 and was last amended vide S.O.1324(E), dated the 19th May 2014.