Summer MDM Implementation guidelines/MDM to TS Schools Students during Summer Vacation/Guidelines for Implementation of MDM scheme in Summer Vacation to I-X students/ DSE Telangana, Rc.No.Spl, Dtd:19-04-2016: Implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme to the students for classes l-V, VI-VIII and IX-X on all the Schools in the State except Hyderabad – certain guidelines issued.
The attention of the District Educational Officers in the State except Hyderabad is invited to the subject read above and they are informed that the Government has taken the decision to serve the Mid Day Meal to all the students for classes I to X during Summer Vacation 2016-17. Therefore the following guidelines are issued to the DEOs with a request to adhere to providing the Mid Day Meal to the students strictly.
DSE Tealngana, Rc.No.Spl, Dated:25-04-2016
Implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme (MOM) during summer vacation – Review and feedback – Video Conference on 26-04-2016 from 2.00 to 3.00 P.M.
Reference: Video Conference held on 21-04-2016 with DEOs by Additional Director (C) O/o DSE Telangana.
The attention of the District Educational Officers in the State are invited to the reference read above during the Video Conference held on 21-04-2016 with all the District Educational Officers in the State by the Additional Director (Coordination) Office of the Director of School Education, Telangana, the following action shall be taken as followup.
1. There is water problem in some of the schools. DEOs to appraise the District Collectors and see that instructions are issued to concerned officers and linkages aer established for supply of water .
2. There is need to inform the parents through SMC / parents meetings and Tom Tom.
3. DEOs are requested to see that HMs shall be given suitable instructions.
4. Cooking agencies are complaining that there is very low attendance in some schools, and is not viable to cook. Hence DEOs shall collect data school wise after a week after starting off the program so that a suitable decision will be taken.
5. SMS based reporting shall be started in 3 – 4 days in all the districts.
Therefore all the DEOs in the State are requested to take necessary action as per the discussions held in video conference and take steps to improve the percentage of meal take students during summer vacation.
TS Schools shall function from 8.30-10.30 am during summer vacation and MDM should be served between 10-10.30:
Subject:SE Department – Implementation of Mid Day Meal Scheme in all the schools in the State except Hyderabad for the classes I to VIII and IX and X classes during summer vacation during the year 2016-17 – certain instructions issued.
Read: Govt. Memo No.3221/Prog.ll/A2/2016 Dated: 22-024-2016.
All the District Educational Officers in the State except Hyderabad are hereby informed that the Government has decided that the schools shall function from 8.30 am to 10.30 a.m. during Summer Vacation. MDM will be served between 10.00 a.m. and 10.30 a.m. and the students shall be allowed to go home after that.
Therefore all the DEOs except Hyderabad are requested to take action accordingly.
Detailed guidelines for Summer MDM implementation in TS Schools
1) Headmasters/ Teachers who are presently supervising MOM shall continue to supervise on a rotation basis.
2) The schools shall function from 8.30 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. and allow the students to go home alter taking MDM.
3) School Management Committee, Sarpanches, Ward Members and functionaries of other departments shall be involved wherever necessary to ensure transparency.
4) H.M. of the schools shall engage cooking agencies during the summer vacation period also.
5) Rice was released 1st quarter for the classes I to VIII arid lX and X. DEOs to Utilize the same for the vacation period also.
6) All MEOs shall hold a meeting with HMs of the schools in all Mandals and fix the responsibility of the teacher day-wise to attend school during a vacation on a rotation basis in respect of all Mandals.
7) All the HMs shall hold a meeting with SMC members /parents/ward members/sarpanch at the school level and request them to visit the school during serving of Mid Day Meal. Further, they shall prepare a list of SMC members indicating the dates of their visit to schools.
8) The HMs shall ensure that at least one SMC member visits each day and also sign in the Register indicating the Number of students taking a meal. A Xerox copy of the register shall be enclosed to the bill claiming the amount at the end of the month.
9) The Dy.E.Os. /MEOs/Cluster Resource Persons shall every day visit 3 to 4 schools in their jurisdiction and monitor the programme implementation.
10) A day wise programme indicating the activities to be taken up for classes1-V, VI-VIII and IX & X shall be communicated by the SCERT. The HM/Teacher on duty shall organize the activity indicated for that particular day for the students and record the same in a notebook specified for the purpose.
11) In all the High Schools the H.M. will be the in-charge of MDM implementation during summer vacation.
12) In Primary/Upper Primary schools, the teacher designated as H.M. or other teachers on a rotation basis shall be in charge to implement the programme.
13) SMS based reporting system shall be implemented in all the districts for the collection of data regarding the number of students taking meal daily from the schools. The H.M. or the teacher who is responsible for the implementation of MDM in the school shall report to the DEOs the number of students reported for the day and are taking meal through SMS by 9.00 A.M.
14) The HM/ Teacher who is in charge of the programme, shall take the willingness of parents/students at least one day before starting of the programme in the school and inform the MEO regarding a number of students going to take meal and MEO into shall submit the same to DEO so as to arrive at an approximate estimation of the Number of students availing MDM.
l5) All the HMs/ Teachers who are in charge of the programme shall maintain records/registers such issue Register, Register indicating stocks and the number of students taking meal taking meal and also the Register to be signed by SMC members / Community members during their visit to schools.
16) In all Schools/ all Mandals/ all districts(Except Hyd) the MDM shall be served including holidays.
17) The District or part f the District which is declared as drought-affected shall make arrangements for starting of MDM Programme immediately and the districts or the parts of the districts which are not declared as drought-affected shall make arrangements to start the programme as soon as possible. However, the programme shall be implemented in all districts latest by 21-04-2016 positively.