TS TET Eligibility Criteria & Examination Fee, School Education Department has to be announced the Telangana State Eligibility Test (TS TET 2023) date and other important details on its official website at https://tstet.cgg.gov.in.
The candidates who wish to apply for the TS TET 2023 exam can visit the official website to submit their application form through online mode. The candidates are advised to submit their application before the deadline.
TS TET 2023 exam is conducted for determining the eligibility of Telangana Students for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor & Lecturer in Telangana Universities and Colleges.
The TS-TET examination will be conducted in General Studies and 29 subjects in CBT mode in 10 centers spread over across the State.
The Eligibility for Assistant Professor will depend on the performance of the candidate in both the papers of TET in aggregate.
The candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Assistant Professor will be governed by the rules and regulations for the recruitment of Assistant Professor of the concerned Universities/Colleges/State Governments, as the case may be.
The hall ticket for the TS TET exam will be released on June 25. The candidates will have to log in to download the admit card from the official website of the exam.
The Telangana TET 2023 examination would be conducted as per the schedule. TS TET Eligibility Criteria & Examination Fee.
TS TET Eligibility Criteria
The government has also issued a GO making amendments to the Telangana TET eligibility criteria as per guidelines issued by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
As per this, candidates with graduation with at least 50 per cent marks (45 per cent in case of SC/ ST/ BC differently abled) and passed in bachelor of education/bachelor of education (special education) have also been given eligibility.
“A person who has acquired the qualification of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in Classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month bridge course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE, within two years of such appointment as a primary teacher,” the GO reads.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree (i.e., M.A., M.Sc., M.Com, MBA, MLISC, M.Ed., M.PEd., MCJ, LLM, MCA and M.Tech (CSE & IT only)) are eligible to apply.
- The candidates who are pursuing their Master’s Degree course or the candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- Age Limit: There is No Upper age limit to apply for the TS-TET examination.
The candidates at the time of applying for TS-TET should be in possession of the following minimum qualifications prescribed for category of I to V classes (Paper I) and VI to VIII classes (Paper II) separately.
Eligibility Criteria for TS TET Paper 1
Minimum Qualifications for TS TET Paper 1 (Classes 1 to 5): Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks. However in case of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. AND pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education). OR
Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks. In respect of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%. AND pass in 2 – year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.) / 2 – year Diploma in Education (Special Education) in case of the candidates who have passed or admitted to D.El.Ed / D.Ed., course prior to issue of these guidelines ( 23-12-2015). OR
Graduation with at least 50% marks, however in case of SC / ST / BC / Differently Abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45% AND pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) / Bachelor of Education (Special Education)
Eligibility Criteria for TS TET Paper 2
Minimum Qualifications for TS TET Paper 2 (Classes 6 to 8): B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., with at least 50% marks. In case of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. AND pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education). OR
B.A./B.Sc./B.Com., with at least 50% marks. In respect of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be40%. AND pass in Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course / Bachelor of Education (B.Ed -Special Education) in case of the candidates who have passed or admitted to B.Ed., course prior to issue of theseguidelines (23-12-2015). OR
4-year B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed., with atleast 50% marks, in case of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%. OR
(iv) Graduation with language concerned as one of the optional subjects OR Bachelor of oriental language (or its equivalent) OR Graduation in literature OR Post Graduation in language concerned AND Language Pandit Training Certificate/B.Ed with language concerned as one of the Methodologies, in respect of Language Teachers. OR
B.E/B.Tech with atleast 50% marks and Passed / Pursuing Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or B.Ed. (Special Education). In respect of SC/ST/BC/Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%.
- The candidates, who are appearing in the final year of Bachelor of Education OR Diploma in Elementary Education etc., are also eligible to appear for TET Examination subject to the condition that the candidates cannot appear for Teacher Recruitment Test with this TET certificate, unless the candidate acquires requisite qualification.
- A Diploma/Degree course in Teacher Education recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) only shall be considered. However in case of Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.Ed. (Special Education), a course recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) only shall be considered.
- Intermediate qualification of Board of Intermediate Education (BIE) of Telangana State or its equivalent as recognized by BIE Telangana State only shall be considered. So also the Bachelor’s Degree of a University Recognized by UGC only shall be considered.
- Government vide Memo 2181/Ser-I/A2/2023 Dated 09-06-2017 informed that the Govt. may impose additional qualifications over and above these qualifications specific to a teachers’ post at the time of the Notification for Teachers Recruitment Test.
TS TET Examination Fee:
- Candidates belonging to other categories will have to pay Rs.1200/- as application fees if belonging to backward class will have to pay Rs.1000/- and SC/ST/VH/HI/OH/Transgender candidates will have to pay Rs.700/-.
- Question paper for TS TET Paper-I is common for all subjects in which TET is conducted and it will be bi-lingual (English and Telugu), TS TET Paper-II of certain subjects will also be bilingual.
- All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering the entire syllabus of earlier Paper II (Including all electives, without options). Candidates can check for more information through the official site of Osmania University.
What is the eligibility criteria for TS TET?
As per the detailed notification, any candidate applying for TS TET must have minimum qualifications prescribed in the Information Bulletin depending on the paper they want to give. The official notice reads, “candidates who are pursuing final year of any of the Teacher Education Courses recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, as the case may be, and / or the Language Pandit Training Courses can also appear for the TS-TET-2023.” However, it must be noted that if a candidate as TSTET qualifying certificate, it doesn’t make them eligible for getting a job. They must have relevant qualifications for the post and only then they can consider an appointment.
What is the age limit for Telangana TET 2023?
The minimum age to apply for Telangana TET 2023 is 18 years, while there is no upper age limit to appear the TS TET.