Telangana BC Employability Skill Development and Training Centres, GO.39 – Government of AP, Backward Classes Welfare Department – renaming of the Backward Classes Study Circles as Telangana State Backward Classes Employability Skill Development and Training Centre (TSBCESDTC) – Orders – Issued. GO.MS.No.39,Dated: 18-12-2015.
Free training to unemployed youth: Under the Telangana BC Study Circle is offering free training to unemployed youth. Interested applicants should contact BC Study Circle office and officials said that Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Vikarabad, Medchal, and Malkajgiri districts are eligible to apply for Study Circle in Hyderabad.
Candidates should be between 18 and 35 years of age. 50 days training on CCTV, Fire Alarm, Burger Alarm, Access Control Courses for Diploma / BTech / Degree qualification holders and Training period is 50 days training. Those who are Diploma / ITI / 10th Class eligible candidates will be given 30 days training on CKTV, Fire Alarm and Burger Alarms.
1) G.O.Ms.No.8, BC Welfare (P1) Department, dated.15.02.1996.
2) Directorate of Employment and Training, email dated.10.02.2015
3) Govt.Memo.No.319/B/2015, dated.05.04.2015.
4) From the Director, Telangana Study Circle for Backward Classes, Hyderabad, Lr. Rc.No.001 / TSBCHYD/2015, dated.15.04.2015.
5) G.O.Ms.No.26, BC Welfare (B) Department, dated.13.08.2015.
6) G.O.Rt.No.298, BC Welfare (B) Department, dated.19.10.2015.
In the reference 1st read above, orders were issued for sanction of Andhra Pradesh Study Circle for Backward Classes at Hyderabad. In the reference 3rd read above, the Director, Telangana Study Circle for Backward Classes, Hyderabad was requested to furnish a proposal on renaming of the existing nine BC Study Circles located in all the district headquarters except Ranga Reddy District into Telangana State Backward Classes Employability Skill Development Centre (TSBCESDC). Accordingly, the Director, Telangana Study Circle for Backward Classes, Hyderabad has submitted a proposal to Government vide reference 4th read above.
2. In the reference 4th read above it was informed that the aforesaid Study Circles are to provide free coaching to eligible unemployed graduates and postgraduates belonging to BC, SC, ST, and others, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.1,50,000/- in the rural areas and Rs.2,00,000/- in the urban areas as per reference 6th read above and to prepare them for various competitive examinations conducted by the UPSC, Staff Selection Commission, Banking Services, Railway Recruitment Board, Regional Rural Banks, DSC, and State Public Service Commission Examinations, etc.
All the B.C. Study Circles including the 10th Study Circle sanctioned for Siddipet, Medak District in the reference 5th read above were established under the Cooperative Societies Act. The Chairperson for the aforesaid ten Study Circles are by the District Collector and the Director, BC Study Circle as head of the Institution to conduct coaching programs for various competitive examinations. It was further reported that since 1994 to 2015, approximately 21 years, the aforesaid Study Circles have provided coaching for various competitive examinations.
It is evident that there is a sea-change in the methodology adopted by various recruiting agencies both in the Union and State Government and also in the Private Sector. The advent of computers and use of Information & Communication Technology (I&CT) has revolutionized the basic requirements of employers of the public and private sector in terms of skills, updation of emerging technologies and the use of high tech gadgets qualitatively and quantitatively, such as,
- Evolution of Computer-based Networking systems
- Web designing / Web Hosting.
- Hardware / Software Consultants.
- IT-related Jobs / Networking System administration.
It was also reported that there is huge employment potential in the 27 Public Sector Banks at the National, State and local levels, including the Reserve Bank of India, 34 National level old and new Private Sector Banks and more than 100 Foreign Banks.
There are also opportunities in the Insurance Sector, Financial Sector, etc. The aforesaid employers, among other things, also expect I&CT skills like basic Computer Knowledge, such as DTP/MS-Word/MS-Excel/MS-Office, Oracle, Java, (Java Basics), C++, embedded systems, Robotic Technology, SAP, Android Application Developer, ASP.net, Web Designing, PHP Developer, Customer Care, IT Front Office Manager, Data Entry Operator. It is also observed that even in the traditional skill-based courses, need I&CT knowledge as detailed below:
ITI /Polytechnic; Electrician; Plumber; Turner; Fitter; Draughtsman (Civil) and Draughtsman (Mechanical) etc.,
3. In Annexure-1, a total number of professional skilled and un-skilled candidates seeking employment in Telangana State as of 31.12.2013 is appended to this order. As seen from Table-1 of Annexure-1, there are about 9.95 lakhs candidates in all categories whose names were registered in the Live Register of Employment Exchanges, as reported by the Director, Employment and Training of Telangana State.
Out of the above, approximately 7.54 lakhs candidates come within the category of Matriculates, Under Graduates and Graduates (6.49 lakhs) and Non- matriculates and other skilled workers (1.05 lakhs). Telangana BC Employability Skill Development and Training Centres.
As seen from Table-2 of Annexure-1, total registrations in the Live Register of Employment Exchanges comprising engineering graduates (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Others), Medical Graduates (Allopathic, Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, others), Agriculture and Veterinary Graduates, Post Graduates, Law Graduates, MBA/MCA /CA/ICWA, etc., including Diploma holders are 1,34,321 of all the communities. Out of these candidates, belonging to socially and educationally BC’s alone are 53,329.
4. There is a reservation for other Backward Classes in Government of India Ministries/Central Public Sector Undertakings etc., to the tune of 27% in the direct recruitments. The list of Ministries / Departments under the control of Union Government, the list of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSE) and the list of autonomous lists of Institutions Ministry wise is appended to this order as in Annexure-2 (a), 2 (b) & 2 (c). As seen from the same, there are about 57 Ministries in the Union Government (Annexure-2(a)), followed by 290 CPSEs (Annexure-2(b)) and about 433 Union Ministry-wise Autonomous Institutions respectively.
5. As seen from Annexure-3, which illustrates the details of services under the Indian Civil Services examination, which is conducted annually by the UPSC which is inclusive of All-India Services like IAS & IPS, 17 Group-A Services, 5 Group-B Services, Indian Forest Service, etc., and the selection is based on single examination in the form of preliminary, main and personality test followed by medical examination of the candidates finally selected.
6. The aforesaid Study Circles
(i) will provide skill development in terms of Skill Training for various Public / Private enterprises,
(ii) upgrade skills of workforce through significant industry involvement especially for underprivileged sections of society
(iii) enhance, support and coordinate private sector initiatives for skill development through Public-Private Partnership (PPP) models,
(iv) prioritize initiatives that can have a multiplier effect.
7. Employability Skills:
It is observed that the employability skills are the transferable skills needed by an individual to make them ‘employable’. Along with the good technical understanding and subject knowledge, employers often outline a set of skills that they want from an employee, employability skills are general skills that are needed to get most jobs, but they also help you to stay in a job and work your way to the top. While there will always be some job-specific skills that an employer is looking for, most employers will also want you to have some general skills.
(i) Basic Academic Skills:
Reading; Writing; Science; Mathematics; Oral Communication and Listening
(ii) Higher-Order Thinking Skills:
Learning; Reasoning; Thinking Creatively; Decision Making and Problem Solving
(iii) Personal Qualities:
Responsible; Self Confidence; Self Control; Social Skills; Honest; Have Integrity; Adaptable and Flexible; Team Spirit; Punctual and Efficient; Self-directed; Good Work Attitude; Well Groomed; Cooperative; Self Motivated and Self Management
Learners can convey information and ideas so that they are received and understood by others.
(v) Relating to Others:
Learners can successfully interact with others in a range of roles and situations.
(vi) Enterprise: Learners can develop, implement and learn from ideas.
Learners understand and are able to effectively apply their skills to a variety of situations and contexts.
Learners can process ideas to make reasoned judgments and solve problems.
(ix) Emotional Intelligence:
Learners understand and can manage their own and others’ emotions. Telangana BC Employability Skill Development and Training Centres
8. In the reference 4th read above it was requested to rename existing Ten BC Study Circles as “Telangana State Employability and Skill Development Centers”, in view of the above paradigm shift of employment opportunities from the traditional approach to modern need-based, skill-based automation and emerging needs of business/industry/human resource/hospitality services.
9. Government, after careful consideration hereby changes the existing nomenclature of the Backward Classes Study Circles as Telangana State Backward Classes Employability Skill Development and Training Centre (TSBCESDTC) in all the districts.
The Commissioner, Backward Classes Welfare, Telangana, Hyderabad, the Director, Telangana Study Circle for Backward Classes, Hyderabad and all the District Collectors shall take necessary action accordingly and change the name in the Bye-Laws. This order issues with the concurrence of G.A. (Elections. B) Department vide their U.O.No.5156/Ele.B/A1/2015-2, dated.17.12.2015.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details