TSPSC Group 2 Computer Proficiency Test Syllabus & Exam Pattern: TSPSC is going to conduct the Computer Test i.e Computer Proficiency Test to Certificates verified candidates. TSPSC has notified that the scheme and syllabus for the “Test of Proficiency in Office Automation with the usage of Computer and Associated Software” are available on the commission’s website www.tspsc.gov.in.
The Candidates who are provisionally selected for Certificate Verification for the above post are requested to visit TSPSC Commission’s website www.tspsc.gov.in for further details.
1. Applications were received: Dt. 02/09/2016 to 26/09/2016.
2. Group 2 Written Exam held from 11 to 13-11-2016
3. Verification of Certificates held on 05.12.2018 and 06-12-2018
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION (Practical Type)
TEST: PROFICIENCY IN OFFICE AUTOMATION WITH USAGE OF COMPUTERS AND ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE
Maximum Marks: 50 Marks
Minimum qualifying marks: SC/ST/PH: 15, B.C’s:17.5; O.C’s: 20
TSPSC Group 2 Computer Proficiency Test Syllabus & Exam Pattern:
The test shall comprise the following four parts:
Name of the part
Part A Example: Typing a letter/passage/paragraph ( about 100-150 words ) in MS-Word: 20
Part B: Example: Preparation of a Table/Graph in MS-Excel: 15
Part C: Example: Preparation of PowerPoint Presentations/Slides (Two) on MS-Power Point:10
Part D: Example: Displaying the content of E-mail (Inbox): 05
Part A – Contents: MS Word: 20 Marks
1. Create and save a document using MS WORD
a. Deletion of Character, Word, line, and block of WORD text
b. Undo and redo process
c. Moving, Copying and renaming
2. Format the Text document
a. Character formatting b. Paragraph formatting c. Page formatting
3. Spell check the document
a. Finding and Replacing text
b. Bookmarks and Searching for a Bookmarks
c. Checking Spelling and Grammar automatically
d. Checking Spelling and Grammar using Dictionary
4. Print the document
a. Print Preview
b. Print Dialog box
5. Mail Merge in Ms-word
a. Create a main document and data file for mail merging
b. Merging the files
c. From letters using mail merging
d. Mailing labels using mail merging
6. Table creation in Ms-word
a. Create a table in document
b. Add row, column to a table
c. Changing column width and row height.
d. Merge, split cells of the table.
e. Use formulae in tables.
f. sorting data in a table.
g. formatting a table.
Part B – Contents: Excel: 15 Marks
1. Create and save a new workbook in Excel
2. Entering Data into Worksheet
3. Editing data of Worksheet
4. Formatting the text in the cells
5. Formatting the numbers in the cells.
6. Formatting cells.
7. Copying format of the cell along with data format.
8. Changing the height and width of cells.
9. Freezing Titles, splitting the screen
10. Enter formulae for calculation in the cells.
11. Copying the formula over a range of cells.
12. Inserting built-in functions into the cells.
13. Create graphs for the data using Chart Wizard.
14. Format graphs in Excel.
15. Printing of worksheet.
Part C – Contents: PowerPoint: 10 Marks
1. Create and save a new presentation using MS PowerPoint
• layout of opening screen in PowerPoint
• the toolbars in MS PowerPoint
2. Choose Auto Layout for a new slide.
3. Insert text and pictures into a blank slide.
4. Insert new slides into the presentation.
5. Apply slide transition effects.
6. Slide show.
7. Set animation to text and pictures in a slide
8. Set the sounds, order, and timing for animation.
Part D – Contents INTERNET: 05 Marks
1. Browse the Net using Browser software (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.,).
2. Search the Web using Search Engines.
3. Create an E-mail account.
4. Send and receive E-mail.
5. E-commerce transactions.