UGC NET 2024 Notification will be released every year by the National Testing Agency on its official website, https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in for June and December cycle.
Candidates who are eligible and interested in can check details and download the UGC NET 2024 Notification PDF from the official website and submit online applications at portal.
Are you planning to take the UGC NET exam in 2024? Whether you are a first-time test taker or you have attempted it before, it is crucial to understand what to expect and how to prepare.
The UGC NET exam, conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA), is a highly competitive exam that assesses a candidate’s eligibility for Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) positions in Indian universities and colleges.
In this page, we will provide everything to you on the exam pattern, eligibility criteria, important dates, and preparation tips for UGC NET 2024.
What is UGC NET 2024?
UGC NET stands for University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test, which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the UGC.
UGC NET 2024 is the upcoming exam that will be held to select eligible candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship.
The candidates who qualify for the award of JRF are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
|Name of the Exam||NTA UGC NET Exam 2024|
|Title||Apply for UGC NET Exam 2024|
|Subject||NTA has released UGC NET Notification 2024|
|Registration||01-10-2023 to 31-10-2023|
|UGC NET December Exam Date||December 6 and 22, 2023|
|UGC NET June Exam Date||10-06-2024 to 21-06-2024|
The award of JRF and Eligibility for Assistant Professor both OR Eligibility for Assistant Professor only will depend on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of NET.
However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will not be considered for award of JRF.
The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research.
The Test is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.
The candidates who desire to appear in the test may see the detailed notification available on the website.
UGC NET 2024 Exam
UGC NET 2024 Exam is a national-level exam that tests the eligibility of candidates for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
The exam is conducted twice a year, and candidates can choose to appear for both the exams. The UGC NET 2024 exam will consist of two papers – Paper I and Paper II.
Both papers will be conducted on the same day, and the total duration of the exam will be three hours. The exam will be in computer-based test mode.
UGC NET Eligibility
Before applying for the UGC NET exam, candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Education Qualification: The candidate must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university with at least 55% aggregate marks.
- 50% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ Transgender candidates.
- Age Limit: For JRF, the candidate must be below 31 years of age as of 1st June 2024.
- There is no age limit for Assistant Professor.
What is Expected to be Changed?
Upper Age Limit Increased for JRF: As per the reports, NTA has increased the upper age-limit for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) aspirants from the current 28 years to 30 years, while keeping the age-relaxation rules same as before.
How to download UGC NET Notification PDF (Information Bulletin)?
NTA has released UGC NET notification on its web portal. Candidates who wish to apply for the exam they need to know the complete details of the notification. So, candidates can download the official notification, read it carefully before going to apply.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of National Testing Agency, https://www.nta.ac.in/.
- On the NTA website home page, click on the link of UGC NET.
- Then University Grants Commission web portal will be appeared in your device.
- On the home page, Search for the detailed UGC NET notification and click on it.
- Detailed notification PDF file will be opened in your device. Download it and read it carefully.
- If you want to detailed instructions booklet, click on the UGC NET Booklet Link.
- The booklet will be opened in your device in PDF format.
- Download it and read it carefully before going apply.
How to Apply for UGC NET 2024?
Candidates who wish to apply for this paper should do so from the official website. Exam fees of Rs 1,000 for the general category, Rs 500 for the OBC category and Rs 250 for the SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Go to the official website of the Commission: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
- Click on the link that says “Fill Application Form – NET 2024”
- If you have not already, register to the site and log in.
- Enter your details in the fields provided and upload the necessary documents.
- Submit the application and save a copy for further reference.
UGC NET Exam pattern 2024
You have to clear two papers in order to crack NET. Paper-I will test your aptitude for teaching and research. The questions, here, are designed to check your ability to reason, comprehend and your general awareness.
- The NTA UGC NET exam will comprise of two papers only.
- UGC NET Paper 1 will consist of 50 compulsory questions that will carry 2 marks each.
- UGC Paper 2 will consist of 100 compulsory questions that will carry 2 marks each.
- Candidates will be given 1 hour to attempt Paper 1 and 2 hours to attempt Paper 2.
- Paper 1 will carry total 100 marks while Paper 2 will be of 200 marks in total.
- There is no negative marking.
UGC NET Exam Details
|First Session||100 Marks (9:30 AM to 12:30 PM)||50 Questions||3 Hours|
|Second Session||200 Marks (12:30 PM to 05:30 PM)||100 questions||3 Hours|
UGC NET 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus for UGC NET 2024 exam will be released by the NTA on its official website. However, candidates can expect the syllabus to be similar to the previous year’s exam.
The syllabus for Paper I will consist of topics such as teaching aptitude, research aptitude, comprehension, communication, logical reasoning, data interpretation, etc. The syllabus for Paper II will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
UGC NET 2024 Exam Preparation Tips
To crack the UGC NET 2024 exam, candidates need to have a proper preparation strategy. Here are some tips that can help you in your preparation:
- Understand the Exam Pattern: Candidates must have a thorough understanding of the UGC NET 2024 exam pattern and syllabus.
- Make a Study Plan: Candidates must make a study plan that includes a daily study routine and covers all the topics in the syllabus.
- Practice Previous Year Papers: Solving previous year papers will give candidates an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam and help them in their preparation.
- Take Mock Tests: Taking mock tests will help candidates in evaluating their preparation and identifying their weaknesses.
- Stay Updated: Candidates must stay updated with the latest news and current affairs related to their subject.
UGC NET December Exam Schedule 2023
|UGC NET December Exam||Dates|
|Download Admit Cards||November 2023|
|Exam Dates||December 2023|
|Announcement of Results||January 2024|
UGC NET June Exam Schedule 2024
|UGC NET June Exam||Dates|
|Registration||March – April 2024|
|Download Admit Cards||May 2024|
|Exam Dates||June 2024|
|Announcement of Results||July 2024|
UGC NET FAQs
What is UGC NET?
The UGC-NET, which is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
What are the Fellowships made through the UGC NET?
The selection of candidates for the following Fellowships of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Ministry of Minorities Affairs is also made through the UGC-NET: (a) National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC), (b) National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC) and (c) Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF).
What is the eligibility criteria for UGC NET?
Candidates must have a Master’s degree or its equivalent with at least 55% marks from a recognized university. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is 31 years, while there is no age limit for Assistant Professor.
What is the exam pattern for UGC NET?
The exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2, and both are conducted in a computer-based mode. Paper 1 has 50 questions for 100 marks, while Paper 2 has 100 questions for 200 marks.
What is the application process for UGC NET?
Candidates can apply for UGC NET 2023 online on the official website of NTA.
Is there any negative marking in UGC NET?
No, there is no negative marking in the exam.
Can candidates apply for both Assistant Professor and JRF positions through UGC NET?
Yes, candidates can apply for both positions by selecting the appropriate option in the application form.
What is UGC NET official website?
The official website of UGC NET is https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/.
What is the full form of UGC NET?
UGC NET full form is University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.
How do I login to my UGC NET account?
You can log in to your UGC NET account using your application number and password.
When to apply for UGC NET upcoming form?
The dates for the release of the UGC NET application form have been announced yet. See the above mentioned date or visit the official website.
What is the last date to apply for net 2023?
The last date to apply for UGC NET 2023 is 31-12-2023..
Is UGC NET 2023 notification released?
The notification for UGC NET has been released by the National Testing Agency. Usually, NTA will release the UGCNET notification for June cycle in the month of May and for December cycle in the November.
How to apply for UGC NET 2023?
The application process for UGC NET 2023 will be online through the official website of UGC NET.
Is UGC NET application form 2023 released?
The UGC NET 2024 application form has been released. For latest updates keep eye on the official website
In conclusion, the UGC NET exam 2024 is a crucial step for individuals who wish to pursue a career in teaching or research. To succeed in the exam, it is essential to understand the syllabus, create a well-structured study plan, and follow a few tips on the day of the exam.
With the right preparation and dedication, you can clear the UGC NET exam and take the first step towards your dream career. Good luck!