UoH PG Admissions Counselling & Certificates verification, The University of Hyderabad – which is also known as Hyderabad Central University has declared the list of candidates provisionally selected or waitlisted Candidates for admission to Post Graduate (PG) courses at the University of Hyderabad. The students may access their results after logging into the official website of the University of Hyderabad (UoH or HCU), uohyd.ac.in.
UoH has declared the entrance exam results for all the Integrated five-year courses, MSc, MA, MCA, MPH and MA courses. To check the results of UoH or HCU entrance results, students may logon to the official website of the university, uohyd.ac.in and then click on the latest news.
1. The candidates should report IN PERSON to the Deputy Registrar (Academics & Exams) on the date, time and the place specified in the Notification. The proxy will not be permitted under any circumstance.
2. On verification of the certificates and other related documents, if the admission is offered, the candidates should complete the admission formalities on the same day. Extension of time will not be permitted for any reason/s. Therefore, the candidates are advised to obtain the signature of their parent/guardian in the undertakings and keep them ready for submission at the time of admission.
3. The candidates have to download and fill the following forms and submit the same at the time of admission.
a) Checklist (Annexure – I)
b) Affidavit (Anti-Ragging) (Annexure-II)
c) Affidavit (General Discipline) (Annexure-III)
d) Medical Declaration Form. (Annexure-IV)
e) Undertaking by the Candidates Awaiting Results of Qualifying Exams. (Annexure – V)
Note: A recent photograph should be pasted on the Medical Declaration form
4. List of Documents for Verification:
The following documents in original along with a set of self-attested copies should be submitted to the admission desk for verification. All original certificates except the Transfer Certificate will be returned after verification.
a. Mark sheets from Matriculation onwards.
b. Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
c. Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate.
d. GATE score card (Wherever applicable).
e. Latest Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority (in case of OBC) certificate issued on or after 1.4.2014 by the Competent Authority in Govt. of India (GOI) format.
f. Medical Certificate issued by a Civil Surgeon of a Govt. Hospital (in case of candidates with Disabilities only). Certificate from a Competent Authority of the Defence Department in case of Wards/dependents of Defence personnel (DP).
g. Certificate of Competent Authority in case of candidates selected under Migrants of Jammu & Kashmir quota.Note: The original TC/MC will be retained by the University permanently which will not be returned to the candidates.
5. Candidates are required to pay the Prescribed Fees through any of the following means: a. Demand Draft in favor of Finance Officer, University of Hyderabad, Payable at Hyderabad b. Online Payment Through SBI I-Collect. Via Challan in the SBI HCU Admin Branch
6. At any point during the admission process or later, if any of the documents submitted by the candidate is found to be false, the admission will be canceled.
7. Candidates found medically unfit shall not be admitted.
8. Candidates should submit the result of the qualifying examination and other earlier examinations positively at the time of admission.
a) In exceptional cases, the extension of time is given up to 31.08.2017. Such candidates will be given conditional admission up to 31.08.2017. If they fail to submit their result by 31.08.2017 and fail to pass the qualifying Degree examination with the prescribed percentage of marks etc., they will not be allowed to attend the classes any further and their conditional admission would be canceled forthwith. However, this extension is not applicable in the case of candidates taking regular or supplementary or improvement examinations of the qualifying degree after 30.7.2017 and waiting for the results.
b) In the case of non-submission of other certificates like TC/MC etc. other than the qualifying exam certificates, candidates may be allowed time up to submit the same failing which such admissions will also be canceled without any notice.
c) Candidates seeking admission for PhD Programme and are pursuing M.Phil. Degree must provide a certificate from Department/ School/ University concerned, that they have submitted the M.Phil Dissertation by 30-6-2017, failing which their M.Phil. The degree will not be considered.
9. Candidates admitted in a course are not allowed to pursue any other course or take up any job during the period of their study. Those employed, if selected have to obtain necessary leave, for the duration of the course and furnish a copy of the leave order, relieving order, conduct certificate and ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ from their employers at the time of admission.
Instructions for OBC, SC, ST and PH Candidates
1. OBC (non-creamy layer) Candidates should submit the certificate in the prescribed format (obtained on or after 1.4.2014) in support of their claim issued by a Competent Authority without which they will not be permitted to complete the admissions and the provisional selection for admission under OBC category stands automatically canceled. Candidates are required to submit the OBC certificate in the prescribed Govt. of India Format. (Download OBC Format)
2. The SC/ST students belonging to the state of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana who have availed fee concession shall have to pay the full amount of fee in case of withdrawing the admission before the scholarship is sanctioned by the Social Welfare Dept. of Govt. of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana. The tuition and other fees shall be adjusted after receiving their scholarship amount from the Social Welfare Department,
Govt. of Andhra Pradesh/Telangana Such candidates who want to avail this facility, should submit the latest income certificate issued by a competent authority for the year and a certificate from the Principal / Head of the Institution last studied that the candidate was in receipt of GOI Post-Matric Scholarship. However, if the Social Welfare Department does not sanction the scholarship and fees on any grounds, the student is responsible for clearing all the dues.
3. As per the UGC regulations 2016, a maximum of 5% relaxation is granted to SC/ST and Physically Challenged candidates for admission into M.Phil. and PhD programs.
4. Candidates selected under the PH category have to submit the Disability Certificate at the time of admission failing which candidature under the PH category will not be considered.
Post Completion of Admission Formalities
1. After completing the admission formalities, the students should collect their Admit Slip at the Admission Office and submit the same in respective School/Department/Centre. The ID Cum Semester cards can be collected from the respective Schools/Departments,
2. No student can claim the Hostel seat as a matter of right. The Hostel accommodation is limited and is not assured. The hostel accommodation is provided subject to availability based on the distance from their present place of residence with sufficient proof on a first come first serve basis. Students belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories should produce their Caste Certificate at the time of Hostel admission.
The accommodation is provided for the duration of the course. No hostel accommodation shall be provided to the students from the places within the limits of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC). All students given hostel admission will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Hostels Handbook and periodic instructions of the Hostel Authorities. (Visit Hostel Webpage)
3. Students should register at the beginning of every semester, by logging in to the University e-Governance Portal after clearing all their dues of the previous semester.
4. 75% attendance in each course is compulsory. Participation in seminars, Sessionals and practicals as prescribed to the satisfaction of the School is a must, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear in the semester-end examinations. The names of students shall be removed from the rolls of the University if they absent from classes continuously for more than 10 days.
Instructions for Wait-listed Students:
1. The exact vacancy position shall be displayed at the venue in each session on the day of operating Waiting List
2. Wait-listed candidates who desire to be considered for admission against the vacant seats, if any, should report in person at the prescribed time and date at the place specified in the Notification.
3. In a case called for admission, the Wait-listed candidates have to report on the time mentioned in the notification, failing which their candidature will not be considered an opportunity will be given to the candidate next in line in the waiting list.
4. Attendance of the wait-listed candidates reporting on the date of admission will be considered for the vacancies arising in the future due to withdrawal till the last date of admission.
5. Wait-listed candidates reporting for admission will have to submit all the documents as given in General Instructions and Specific Instructions for OBC/SC/ST/PH if applicable, failing which candidature will not be considered.
Cancellation/Withdrawal of Admission
1. In case of cancellation/Withdrawal of admission, students have to apply in the prescribed format as in Annexure VI.
2. The refund policy of the University of Hyderabad will be strictly followed for the refund of the fee as mentioned in Annexure VI
Note: the University of Hyderabad reserves the right to grant exceptions in deserving cases based on merit and circumstances. In all cases of disputes and unforeseen/contingency circumstances, the decision of the University will be final. Any form of canvassing/malpractice will lead to disqualification/cancellation of candidature.
PG Admissions- List of Candidates provisionally selected for admission to PG Courses: All tie cases will be resolved as per the criteria mentioned in the prospectus i.e. marks obtained in Part-A of the Entrance Examination then percentage in the Qualifying Examination etc.
The above candidates should report in person (Proxy will not be permitted) for admission to the Deputy Registrar(Acad & Exams) at the Admission Counseling Hall, College for Integrated Studies, South-End Campus, University of Hyderabad Campus, Gachi Bowli, Hyderabad – 500 046, at 9.00 a.m.
If the selected candidates fail to complete the admission as per the above-scheduled date and time, the provisional Selection will automatically stand canceled. However, the University reserves the right to grant extra time to complete the admission formalities to the candidate due to administrative/ technical reasons.
At the time of admission, the candidates are required to produce all their original certificates and T.C. together with a set of attested copies of the same and pay an amount of Rs. 6830/- (including Rs. 2640/- refundable deposit ) for the first semester. Candidates can pay the fees through ONLINE through
https://www.onlinesbi.com/prelogin/icollecthome.htm between 05-07-2017 to 8-07-2017 OR the Demand Draft drawn in favor of Finance Officer, the University of Hyderabad payable at Hyderabad and submit the receipt of the payment/DD at the time of admission.
The candidates under reserved category, i.e. SC, ST, PH, and Wards of Defence Personnel should produce the certificate in the prescribed format issued by a competent authority in support of their claim without which their claim will not be considered. OBC candidates are required to submit the latest OBC certificate (obtained on or after 1.4.2014) in the format prescribed by the Govt. of India. BC certificates issued by the State Governments will not be considered.
As notified in the prospectus, the University cannot guarantee to provide hostel accommodation to all the students admitted to various courses. If the hostel is allotted, the student has to pay the mess deposit and other charges of the hostel separately in addition to the tuition fee, etc. as stated above. The details on the mess deposit and other charges are available on the University’s website.
All Shortlisted candidates are required to download the Instructions from the University Website http://acad.uohyd.ac.in/downloads/AdmnIns 2017.PDF. It may be noted that as was notified in the admission announcement, no individual communications will be sent to the candidates.
Interview for admission to PG Courses:
OBC candidates shall be required to submit the latest OBC certificate (obtained on or after 1.4.2014) in the Govt. of India prescribed format in support of their claim issued by a competent authority, without which their claim shall not be considered for admission under OBC category.
Candidates under the OBC category are required to note that the OBC certificate format prescribed by the Govt. of India is different from the BC certificate issued by the respective State Government/s. Therefore, candidates belonging to the Non-creamy Layer OBC category should submit only the OBC certificate and not the BC certificate. BC certificates issued by the State Governments will not be considered.
The candidates belonging to SC / ST categories must bring their caste certificates and the PH and DP candidates to bring the relevant certificates in support of their claim issued by the competent Authority for verification at the interview.
Candidates are informed to bring their original certificates and the Hall ticket for verification at the time of the interview. They will attend the interview at their own cost. Download for HCU PG Admissions Counselling Instructions