The Union Public Service Commission or UPSC has released the Indian Economic Services (IES) examination notification on August 12. A combined competitive examination for recruitment to Junior Time Scale of the Services will be held by the Commission from October 16, 2020.
The online applications for UPSC IES Exam 2020 can be filled up to September 1, 2020, after which the link will be disabled. Detailed instructions regarding filling of online application is available at in the notification released by the Commission. The official notification has been released at upsc.gov.in
The examination will be held at Ahmedabad, Jammu, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Bhopal, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Chennai, Patna, Cuttack, Prayagraj, Delhi, Shillong, Dispur, Shimla, Hyderabad, Thiruvananthapuram and Jaipur.
The approximate number of vacancies to be filled through the UPSC IES 2020 exam is 15. The Commission has also said a vacancy has been kept reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities in the category of Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
Eligibility criteria: A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a post-graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
Age limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2020 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1990 and not later than 1st August, 1999.
Application fee: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs 200.
Examination scheme: The UPSC IES Exam 2020 shall be conducted according to the following plan:
- Part I: Written examination carrying a maximum of 1000 marks
- Part II: Viva voce of such candidates as may be called by the Commission carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
Candidates are required to apply online using the upsconline.nic.in link. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the website.
How to apply online @ upsc.gov.in
In order to apply online, all the candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of UPSC: upsc.gov.in
- On the homepage of UPSC, under “What’s New” click on “Exam Notification: Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020”
- Look for “Click Here” link
- Click on “Part I registration” and fill basic information
- Further, click on “Part II Registration” and make payment upload photograph, signature, photo identity card document, select exam centre and agreeing to declaration
- Press “I agree” button