VVM 2020 – National Science Talent Contest 2020 (Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan). VVM Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan is a uniquely designed competitive science exam/ NSTC National Science Talent Contest/World’s largest Science Talent Contest.
VVM NCSE School Level Exam, State Level and National Camps. Syllabus formulated by a panel of experts attended by over a lakh aspirants.
Latest Update: Keeping in view the requests of schools and pandemic situation the last date for registration in VVM is extended till 31st October, 2020 without late fee.
At the national level, VVM 2020-21 is an online National Science Talent Test will be conducted for students studying from class 6 to class 10 under the name Vijnana Mantan.
Registration must be done online by the 15th of October month. The online test will be held on November 29 and 30 in 9 regional languages including English and Hindi.
All District DEOs and MEOs should take steps to ensure that more students from schools in their area participate in the online test.
Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM) is a national program for educating and popularizing science among school students of VI to XI standards. VVM also endeavours to identify the bright minds among the student community, who are keen on subjects related to science. website: www.vvm.org.in
Objectives of VVM: VVM National Science Talent Contest 2020: Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (VVM) is a national program for educating and popularizing science among school students of VI to XI standards. VVM also endeavours to identify the bright minds among the student community, who are keen on subjects related to science.
VVM has following objectives:
- Conduct competitive tests to identify students who have a scientific bent of mind.
- Provide mentors for winning students to carry forward their science education at higher levels.
- Organise exposure visits for the winners to various R&D institutions in the country.
- Identify successful students at the state and national levels and felicitate them with prizes and certificates.
- Create interest among students in pure science.
- Educate schoolchildren about India’s contributions to the world of science and technology, from tradition to modern.
- Provide hands-on training to students through workshops and other events.
VIDYARTHI VIGYAN MANTHAN: Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan (WM) Is a national program jointly organized by Vijnana Bharati, NCERT and Vigyan Rasa, for educating and popularizing science among the school students of 6th to 11th standard. The main objective of the program is to identify keen knowledge seekers in science and then nurture them for a higher level of science education.
VVM is a multiple level process in which each student will pass through such testing procedures as objective type question answering, Comprehensive writing. project proposal writing. group discussion, role play. practical examination & oral viva.
Eligibility Criteria: VVM National Science Talent Contest 2020:
Students in classes VI to Xt of the CBSE. ICSE & State boards are eligible to appear for this examination.
1. School Level Examination (Prathama and Dwitiya).
Two papers on same day with 30 minutes break between them wit be organized at the school level. Separate examination will be conducted for junior group (class VI to VIII) and senior group (class IX to X). The structure of question paper is as follows:
Syllabus of VVM-Structure of question paper :
Science and Mathematics from text books
|India’s contribution to science||30%|
|VVM Study Material*|
|Life of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam||20%|
|VVM Study Material*|
|Logic / Reasoning / General knowledge||10%|
2. State Level Camp: Top 20 students from each class will be selected i.e total of 120 students will be selected at the state level. Selected students will be invited for one/two day state level camp. The camp will consist of hands on training, student-scientific transaction and the next stage including group activities, debate competition, role play etc., based on the performance ranking the students were state level and top three students from each class will be declared as a state winner.
3. National Camp:
Out of the top three students from each state, the top two students from each class, i.e., total 12 students from each state, will be invited to a two-day national-level camp. These students will go through the next stage of the evaluation process, which comprises presentations, viva, and assessment of leadership quality. Based on their performance, the top three students from each class will be declared as National-level Winners of VVM for the year 2016 (Himalayans).
Language of Exam:
Students can take examinations either in English/Hindi or in their own mother tongue.
Exams will be conducted at various centres across India. Schools that can enroll more than 50 students will be designated as Examination center.
How to apply:
Registration: All Students who want to appear in VVM Schould register by paying Rs.100/-
School: Only government and Government aided school can register their students with 50% concession(Rs.50/- per stundets) only of school for minimum of 50 students. for other schools, they can register with Rs.100/- per students.
Mode of payment: The registration fee can be paid either cheque or DD in favour of “Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan, Delhi” posted to Vijnana Bharathi Office mentioned on the last page. Online Registration can also be done through www.vvm.org.in
Prizes and Awards:
- Winners of Prathama – Certificate ( Type of Award)
- Winners of Dwitiya (20 per Class per State)- Memento and Certificate
- State-level Winners (3 per Class per State)
- First Prize: Rs 5000 Cash Prize, Memento, and Certificate
- Second Prize: Rs 3000 Cash Prize, Memento, and Certificate
- Third Prize: Rs 2000 Cash Prize, Memento, and Certificate
- National-level Winners (3 per Class) [Himalayan Champs]
- First Prize: Rs 10000, Memento, Certificate, and National Educational Visit
- Second Prize: Rs 7000, Memento, Certificate, and National Educational Visit
- Third Prize: Rs 5000, Memento, Certificate, and National Educational Visit
All winners at the state and national levels receive a monthly newsletter ‘Dream 2047’ of Vigyan Prasar. The newsletter carries information and articles on the recent developments in science and technology. National-level winners will be felicitated by the Honourable President of India.
ViBha Vijnana Bharati: Vijnana Bharati is a national movement in the field of Science & Technology working throughout the country having the largest network of organizations and individuals. Vijnana Bharati has received the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Prize from Prime Minister of India in 2006 & National Award for outstanding contributions in Science Communication in 2007 from Union Ministry of Science & Technology.
Around 6000 eminent scientists & technocrats as members and hundreds of youngsters are working as volunteers, on the platform of Vijnana Bharati, to propagate science and its applications among students and the general public. Vijnana Bharati is headed by Dr. Anil Kakodkar and Dr. G. Madhavan Nair as Patrons along with Dr. Vijay Bhatkar, Chairman, Board of Governors, and IIT Delhi as the President.
‘World’s largest Science Talent Contest’ is jointly being conducted by Vidyarthi Vigyan Mandhan (VVM), NCERT & Vibha in India for the students class VI to XI standards on 24th November 2019.
Study material: http://epathshala.nic.in/e-pathshala-4/flipbook/
|Registration Opens||01st August, 2020|
|Registration Closes||31st October, 2020|
|Upload of VVM Study Material||20th August, 2020|
|Mock Tests||01st November, 2020 onwards|
|Download Hall Tickets||No Hall Ticket Required|
|Date of Examination (Login anyday)||Sunday, 29th November, 2020 and / or Monday, 30th November, 2020|
|Time of Examination||10:00 AM to 08:00 PM (90 minutes)|
Students will be able to login only once
|Declaration of Result||15th December, 2020|
|One or Two-day State Camp||10th, 17th and 24th January, 2021 (any one day)*|
|Two-day National Camp||15th and 16th May, 2021*|
for more details and online registration at http://vvm.org.in