A 2 Years minimum service for Promotions or Appointments by transfer to the next higher category. Minimum Service for Promotions is Reduced to 2 Years. A minimum service of 2 years is stipulated in the category, class or grade from which promotion or appointment by transfer is proposed to the next higher category, class or grade. GO.No.85 Stipulation of minimum service for promotion or appointment by transfer to the next higher category.
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
Public Services – State and Subordinate services – Stipulation of minimum service for promotion or appointment by transfer to next higher category – Adhoc Rule – Issued.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (SER.A) DEPARTMENT
GO.Ms.No. 85, Dated:18-05-2018.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.627, G.A. (Ser.A) Department, dt.21.12.1983.
2. G.O.Ms.No.230, G.A.(Ser.A) Department, dt.31.05.2014.
3. G.O.Ms.No.4, G.A. (Ser.A) Department, dt.05.01.2016.
4. G.O.Ms.No.345, G.A. (Ser.A) Department, dt.02.09.2016.
5. From the Telangana Secretariat Association, Letter, Dt:19.08.2017.
6. From the Joint Action Committee of Telangana Employees, Gazetted Officers, Teachers, Pensioners & Workers T.S., Hyderabad, Dt. 28.3.2018.
In continuation of the G.O.3rd and 4th read above wherein ad-hoc rule was issued reducing the minimum service required for promotion/appointment by transfer involving promotion from 3 years to 2 years for the panel years 2015-16 and 2016-17,
And after careful examination of the matter on receipt of representations received in the reference 5th and 6th read above along with other matters pertaining to Employees’ Welfare, discussed on 16.05.2018 and keeping in view the exigencies of administration,
The government has decided to extend the said provision for the current panel year 2017-18 also i.e., up to 31.8.2018, so as to enable the appointing authorities to fill up the vacancies by promotion/appointment by transfer involving promotion.
2. Accordingly, the following notification is published in the Telangana Gazette:-
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and of all other powers hereunto enabling, the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following Adhoc rule:-
“Notwithstanding anything contained in the relevant Special Rules or the Adhoc Rules for the State and Subordinate Services, a minimum service of 2 years is stipulated in the category, class or grade from which promotion or appointment by transfer is proposed to the next higher category, class or grade.”
3. This Adhoc rule shall come into force with immediate effect and shall be in force up to 31.8.2018.