Instructions and Action Plan for Class Room Transactions – Teaching Learning Process have been issued by the Telangana Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Officials in the part of School Academic Activities for the academic year 204-15. Guidelines are provided here i.e. Library week shall be implemented as ‘PATANOTSAVAM’ in all the schools as a part of READ (Read Enjoy and Develop) programme week and to facilitate the preparation of Summative assessment tools at complex level. SMC meeting should be conducted as per the convenience of the parents to enable them to participate and share their requirements. Usage of cell phones should be strictly prohibited during school hours.
Action Plan – Class room Transactions- Teaching Learning process
- Ensuring of professional preparation of the teacher like unit plan/lesson plan, [RTE Norms: Minimum no.of working hours per week for teachers 45 hours including preparatory hours] and collecting of relevant teaching-learning resources before stepping into the classes and learning transaction in the classes shall happen successfully in every school.
- Ensure the implementation of Periodical appraisal of Performance of teachers and HMs by executing Performance indicators.
- Focus on arrangement of reading corners in all the schools. Small books as per the class standards have to be collected and to be kept in the reading corners to develop the early reading habits.
- Ensure that the schools having classes 1 and 2 shall have running boards to enable the children to reach an improve writing skills. It provides the opportunity for the learners to develop motor skills by scribbling, free hand curves, drawings, for learning alphabets and numbers.
- For all round development and academic improvement of the child, every school shall implement the school activities, innovative activities, talent search activities in the schools. The local authorities and school authorities may prioritize the certain activities for effective implementation in the schools. The schools have freedom of adopting their own innovative activities. So that a diversified activities will be visible across the mandal or in the district instead of monotonous activities.
Implementation of best practices:
- The teachers should take priority in habit formation of the students like cleanliness, attending prayer regularly etc.
- The HMs’ are free to devise their own school practices on their own in the interest of pupil development. Ensure that every school has certain uniqueness in adopting Best school practices. These best practices shall contribute for child well being and child academic improvement.
- Every school shall have their own vision and mission that shall be displayed prominently.
SMC meeting should be conducted as per the convenience of the parents to enable them to participate and share their requirements.
Quality Monitoring Tools
- The data at school level shall be collected for every quarter to implement the Quality of monitoring tools as desired by MHRD. In this academic year, the first quarter shall be collected for the months from June to August, 2nd quarter: September to November; 3rd quarter from December to February; fourth quarter from March to May.
- The filled school monitoring formats shall be filled & submitted to School Complex H.Ms, MEO in stipulated time.
- The website address of the state SSA is “ssa.tg.nic.in”. The school authority can download the required information from the official website of SSA.
Every school shall setup a school library & class room library.
School Complex Meetings
- School Complex meetings should be conducted six times during the year 2014 – 15. Out of which 4 meetings should be subject specific meeting for primary and upper primary teachers, as a follow up of 3-day mandal level training and two will be in other subjects, as per the local requirement.
- The subject specific meetings should be during the following months to facilitate the preparation of Summative assessment tools at complex level.
August 2014- regarding Summative-I Question Paper
November 2014- regarding Summative-II Question Paper
March / April 2014- regarding Summative-III Question Paper
The other three meetings will be held during October 2014, December 2014 and February 2014.
- It is proposed that every School Complex H.M will act as a Secretary and a selected R.P will act as Asst. Secretary.
- The meetings during the above mentioned months will be conducted by the Secretary and Assistant Secretary in different schools attached to it on a rotation basis.
- On the meeting day at least half a day should be allocated for the subject specific training themes of 3-days and the other half day can be allocated for local issues.
- Weekly one library period should be allotted in the time table.
- November 14th to 21st, 2014, Library week shall be implemented as ‘PATANOTSAVAM’ in all the schools as a part of READ (Read Enjoy and Develop) programme week.
- Each school has to identify certain days for conduct of local, national and international festivals, science days, talents search activities and take necessary steps to conduct the events mainly to enthuse the children. 4. Usage of cell phones should be strictly prohibited during school hours.