“Ambedkar OverseasVidyaNidhi” Financial assistance for SC Students for pursuing Higher studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities Details. Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi scholarships, overseas scholarship selection for sc, st, bc and minority services, SC, ST Overseas vidya Nidhi financial assistance
Rs.15.00 lakhs Financial assistance:
Rs.15.00 lakhs Financial assistance to SC, ST Students under “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scheme:
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Social Welfare Department – Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi – Financial assistance to the SC & ST students for pursuing Higher Education in Foreign Universities – Enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs– Orders – Issued.
SOCIAL WELFARE (Edn.2) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, TW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:04-06-2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:28-06-2013
3. From the Secretary to CM, CMP No.8052/Secy/2018, dt:16-04-2018
4. From the DSW, AP, Lr.No.D2/1069/2018, dt:07-05-2018
In the G.Os. 1st and 2nd read above, the Government have introduced the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” to provide financial assistance of Rs.10.00 lakhs to SC & ST students for pursuing studies abroad with a view to enable the benefits of higher education in foreign Universities to meritorious SC & ST students, thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the country and abroad.
2. In the reference 3rd read above, keeping in view of the fee structure and living expenses in foreign universities, the Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi has submitted a proposal for the enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs under the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
3. Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby enhance the financial assistance to SC & ST students from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs under the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
4. The Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi and the Director of Tribal Welfare, AP, Amaravathi shall take necessary action accordingly & furnish the revised implementation modalities for implementing the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi scheme, with the enhanced scale of financial assistance, to Government for approval immediately.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (FMU-Welfare-1) Department, vide their UO No.38027/109/(FMU-WF-1)/2018 , dt:29-05-2018.
SOCIAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT
G.O. Ms .No. 54 Dated:28-06-2013 Details
Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi for SC Students
Government have made substantial investments through providing Post-Matric Scholarships to SC students on a Saturation basis. This laudable initiative over the years has encouraged a large number of SC students to complete professional Courses and other Graduate Courses.
The post-liberalized economy has thrown vast opportunities and challenges in India and abroad in respect of education and jobs. Students from the SC community are often handicapped because of their extreme backwardness and social stigma to access the benefit of pursuing education abroad to better their lives.
The proposal to introduce the “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” was duly examined by the Nodal agency in its meeting on 13-03-2013 & 04-05-2013 & recommended for inclusion under SCSP 2013-14 to the State Council. The State Council in its meeting on 21-05-2013 has approved the proposal for inclusion under SCSP 2013-14.
In pursuance of the approval by the State Council in its meeting on 21-05-2013 & with a view to enable the benefit of higher education in foreign Universities to meritorious SC students thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the Country and Abroad, Government have decided to introduce the scheme of Financial Assistance to SC students for pursuing studies abroad under the Scheduled Caste Sub Plan 2013-14.
“Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” will be sanctioned to 500 SC students every year and is open to all eligible SC student graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad subject to the following guidelines:
Income: SC Students whose family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum. In the case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases, the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest Tax Assessment, as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer, is also required to be enclosed with the application.
Age: The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
(1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine & Nursing /Social Sciences/Humanities.
(2) For PhD Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences /Medicine / Social Sciences/ Humanities.
(d) One child in a family one-time Award: Not more than one child of the same parents/guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect, a self-certification will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a lifetime.
(e) Countries eligible under the Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, and Singapore.
(i) He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT.
(ii) He/She should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
(iii) He/she should possess a valid Passport.
(iv) The Candidates are required to make their own efforts in seeking admission in accredited University/Institution abroad.
(v) The selected candidate has to join the concerned university within one year of communication of selection. On expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
(vi) The candidate shall not change the course of study or research for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
(vii) It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the
appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the Scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
(viii) The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected
Procedure for Selection:
(i) Notification shall be issued in leading dailies calling for applications and wide publicity will be given in University Campuses and in e-PASS portal in August/September and in January/February of the year (this year ie., 2013-14, being the first year for implementation of the scheme, first notification shall be issued in June/July in lieu of January/February).
(ii) All such students desirous of applying for financial assistance for studies abroad shall apply online from 1st August to 30th September and again from 1st January to 29th February of the year.
(iii) 33% of the awards shall be earmarked for Women Candidates (if adequate number of eligible women candidates are not available then Male candidates may be selected against this 33%).
(iv) The registration shall be made under the scheme online at http://www.apsocialwelfare.cgg.gov.in.
(v) The student shall submit the following documents:
- Caste Certificate from Mee Seva.
- Income Certificate from Mee Seva.
- Date of Birth certificate.
- Aadhar card.
- E-pass ID Number.
- Residential/Nativity certificate.
- Passport copy.
- Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG level.
- GRE /GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test score card.
- TOFEL / IELTS score card.
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent).
- Copy of the latest Tax assessment is to be enclosed.
- Copy of Bank Pass Book of Nationalized Bank.
- Photo to be scanned and uploaded.
(vi) Selection Committee: The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee constituted by Govt. with the following members. The Bio-data of the candidates who applied online shall be made available to the Committee.
- Principal Secretary, Social Welfare:Chairman
- Secretary, AP State Council of Higher Education: Member
- Vice-Chancellor, JNTU: Member
- Commissioner Technical Education: Member
- Commissioner Social Welfare: Convenor
Fees: Fees shall be payable in Two instalments as follows:
Instalment-I: An amount of Rs.5.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 card. (Immigration Card)
Instalment-II: An amount of Rs.5.00 lakhs shall be payable to the students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
(b) Sanction proceedings mentioning that Rs.10.00 lakhs is sanctioned to the individual towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to his/her joining the Course shall be issued to the Candidates selected by the Selection Committee. The sanction proceedings can be made use of by the Candidates for obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy.
(c) Educational Loan: The student shall be eligible for an educational loan of Rs.5.00 lakhs from any Nationalized Bank at prevailing rates of interest.
(d) Earnings from Research/Teaching Assistance-ship: The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking Research/Teaching Assistantship.
(e) Passage grant: One-way cheap ticket (Lower fare) by economy class through the shortest route shall be payable upon production of a valid visa and admission particulars.
(f) Visa Fees: The total visa fees shall be reimbursed to the student upon production of valid visa and production of receipts.
Utilization Certificate: Utilization Certificates shall be obtained from the student with the due endorsement of concerned University Authorities for record purpose under the scheme.
The Expenditure under this scheme shall be debited to the following Head of Account.
“2225-Welfare of SCs, STs and OBCs
01-Welfare of SCs.,
MH-277-Education, GH(11)-Normal State Plan
SH (34) Financial Assistance for Studies Abroad
310- – Grants – in- Aid
312 Other Grants – in – Aid
AP Overseas Scholarships Link: