TS Overseas Vidya Nidhi Study Scholarships: The Telangana State Government is providing financial assistance/ scholarship to meritorious students for pursuing higher studies in foreign universities. T Govt introduced three Overseas vidya Nidhi (Overseas Scholarship) schemes for SC, ST, BC and Minority Students.
The Schemes were introduced in the name of TS Ambedkar overseas vidya Nidhi Scheme to SC, ST Students, TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme to Minorities and TS TS Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme to BC/EBC Students
TS Overseas Scholarships to SC, ST, BC and MINORITY Students. So, TS Ambedkar overseas vidya Nidhi scheme is to help SC/ST students pursue higher education in foreign universities assistance of Rs 20 lakhs will be sanctioned to meritorious students under SC Development Department.
TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities to help Minority students pursue higher education in foreign universities assistance of Rs 20 lakhs will be sanctioned to meritorious students under the Minority Development Department.
TS Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi is to help BC/EBC students pursue higher education in foreign universities assistance of Rs 20 lakhs will be sanctioned to meritorious students under Backward Classes Welfare (B) Department
TS Overseas Scholarships Scheme Revised guidelines and Changes in Overseas Vidya Nidhi Conditions details as follows.
- Overseas Study Scholarships.
- Foreign Study Scholarships.
- Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships
|Overseas Scholarship Scheme Name||Students|
|TS Ambedkar overseas vidya Nidhi Scheme||Overseas Scholarship to help SC/ST students|
|TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme||Overseas Scholarship to help Minority students|
|TS Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme||Overseas Scholarship to help BC/EBC students.|
TS Overseas Scholarships:
A. TS SC, ST Students Overseas Scholarships will be sanctioned under the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme. Application Submission and Online Registrations would be started every year for sanction of Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships for SC, ST Students at Telangana ePass website
B. TS Minority Students Overseas Scholarships would be sanctioned under the Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. Application Submission and Online Registrations will be started every year for sanction of Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarships for Minority Students at Telangana ePass web portal.
C. TS BC Students Overseas Scholarships would be sanctioned under the Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for BC and EBC Students. Application Submission and Online Registrations will be started every year for sanction of Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships for BC/EBC students at Telangana ePass Scholarship Services Portal.
|Age Limit||35 Years as on 1st July|
|Income Limit||5 Lakhs|
|Education Qualification||Relaxations of 60% minimum marks in degree/PG is considering only, |
subject to the candidate gets an adequate score in eligibility test such as GRE/GMAT/ IELTS/TOEFL/PTE and
gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities/ Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and being done only on a case to case basis by the Government.
|Score||1. TOEFL – 60|
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
5. PTE – 50
Criteria and Mandatory Requirements:
- Income Criteria: Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum from all sources.
- Double P.G: P.G. will be allowed for P.G. Admission in case of Humanities only.
- Countries eligible: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea. Top Universities in the said 10 Countries
- Mandatory Requirements: The Candidate shall not change the University/Course/research topic for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
- 10% of overseas scholarships are reserved for Humanities, Economics, Accounts, Arts and Law students.
- He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores. 1. TOEFL – 60; 2. IELTS – 6.0; 3. GRE – 260; 4. GMAT – 500
- The merit list generated with weightage of Degree marks – 60%; GRE/GMAT – 20%; IELTS/ TOEFL – 20%
- The applicants to fill the educational qualification marks with secured marks along with total marks in the online application.
- The applicants will fill the correct details in the online application form, the applicants who give false details, their application will be rejected and action initiated against the individual.
- PhD Courses are also eligible under the scheme.
- Allocation of seats to BC students shall follow both Reservation and Merit
- (i) 5% of the Target for BCs reserved for EBCs.
- (ii) For income criteria, the income of the parents+ if an employed student only to be considered not family.
TS Overseas Scholarship Details
|Category of Students||For SC, ST, BC and Minority Students|
|Scholarship Amount||20 Lakhs|
|Courses||Pursue higher studies in Post Graduate /PhD Courses in Foreign Universities|
|Air ticket fare||One way economy class Air ticket fare will be paid for a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) or|
Actual charges whichever is less for any country.
Actual Visa Charges are also paid separately in addition to the Scheme amount of Rs.20.00 lakhs.
|Cuntries||1. USA, 2. UK, 2. Australia, 3. Canada, 3. Singapore, 3. Germany, 4. New Zealand, 5. Japan, 6. France and 7. South Korea|
Last date to apply: 12-03-2020 for BC Candidates
Last date to apply: 12-03-2020 for Minorities