Modified Orders for TS Overseas Scholarships Scheme/ TS Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme/ TS Overseas Study Scholarships Scheme to SC, ST, BC, Minority Students, Telangana SC, ST, BC, Minority Students Overseas Scholarships/TS Foreign Study Scheme scholarships/ TS Foreign Education Scheme scholarships.
Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students. TS Overseas Scholarships Scheme Revised guidelines. Changes in Vidya Nidhi Conditions.
TS Overseas Scholarships:
A. SC, ST Students Overseas Scholarships: Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. SC, ST Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. SC, ST Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. SC, ST Ambedkar Overseas Study Scheme scholarships. SC, ST Ambedkar Foreign Study Scheme scholarships. Application Registrations are started for Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships for ST Students at Telangana ePass website
B. Minority Students Overseas Scholarships: Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. CM’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. MW Students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Overseas Study Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Ambedkar Foreign Study Scheme scholarships.
C. BC Students Overseas Scholarships: Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. MJP BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Study Scheme scholarships. Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Foreign Study Scheme scholarships. BC Students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships.
1. Age Limit: 35 Years
2. Income limit: 5 Lakhs
3. Scholarship Amount: 20 Lakhs
4. For SC, ST, BC and Minority Students
Modified Orders for MJP BC Overseas Scholarships:
Modified Orders for Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships: G.O.Ms.No.22 Dated: 22-11-2017: GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA – BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE (B) DEPARTMENT BCWD – Certain modifications in the existing financial assistance scheme of “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” for BC / EBC Students pursuing higher studies in foreign countries – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:
1) G.O.Ms.No.23, BC Welfare (B) Department, dt:10.10.2016.
2) G.O.Ms.No.66, Scheduled Caste Development (EDN), Department dt:09.11.2017.
3) From the Special Secretary to Hon’ble CM, CMO.No.47/SSCM (BR)/2017,dt:20.11.2017.
ORDER: In the reference 1st read above, the Government have introduced “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scheme to BC students for pursuing higher studies at foreign universities.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, the Scheduled Caste Development (EDN) Department have issued partial modifications to the existing financial assistance Scheme to pursue higher studies at foreign countries, uniformly to all the welfare Departments.
3. Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby issue the following modifications to the existing financial assistance scheme which are not covered in the G.Os 1st and 2nd read above:-
a. The maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement, as per SC/ST overseas scheme.
b. The students who have not applied for 1st installment/1st year shall be eligible for 2nd installment/2nd year under the Scheme.
c. The student shall be eligible for an educational loan from any nationalized bank or any other bank, the Department may issue a letter “to whom so ever concerned” informing the selection of candidates along with financial assistance details so that it will be helpful for the students to obtain Bank loan for any additional amount required.
d. 5% of 300 students i.e., 15 seats shall be reserved/considered for Economically Backward Classes students.
e. Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 Lakhs per annum from all sources.
This enhanced income limit will apply only for Overseas Scholarship scheme.
f. He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT/PTE with the following minimum scores:-
1. TOEFL – 60
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
5. PTE – 50
g. Ph.D Courses are also eligible under the scheme.
h. Allocation of seats to BC students shall follow both Reservation and Merit
i. Relaxations of 60% minimum marks in degree/PG is considering only, subject to the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility test such as GRE/GMAT/ IELSTS/TOEFL/PTE and gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities/Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and being done only on case to case basis by the Government.
j. One way economy class Air ticket fare will be paid for a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) or actual charges whichever is less for any country. Actual Visa Charges are also paid separately in addition to the Scheme amount of Rs.20.00 lakhs.
4. The DDO, O/o the Commissioner, B.C. Welfare, Hyderabad shall be the competent authority for drawal and disbursement of Overseas Scholarship to the eligible students of all the district in the State.
5. The above modifications along with the existing guide lines issued in references 1st and 2nd read shall be considered for selection of the students under the scheme.
6. The Commissioner, BC Welfare, Telangana Hyderabad shall take necessary further action accordingly.
G.O.Ms.No.22 Modified Orders for MJP BC Overseas Scholarships
Modified Orders for Overseas Scholarships:
G.O.Ms.No.66. Dated:09.11.2017 – GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA – SCHEDULED CASTE DEVELOPMENT (EDN) DEPARTMENT- SCDD- Education – Certain modifications in the existing financial Assistance Schemes such as “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students” for pursuing higher studies in foreign countries – Modified Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, TW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:04.06.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54, SW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:28.06.2013.
3. G.O.Ms.No.7, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:29.04.2015.
4. G.O.Ms.No.24, MW (Estt.I) Dept., Dt.19.05.2015.
5. G.O.Ms.No.2, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:04.02.2016.
6. G.O.Ms.No.23, BCW (B) Dept, Dt:10.10.2016.
7. U.O.No.2672/MW.Estt.I/A2/2017, Dt:28.07.2017.
In the references 1st to 6th read above, Government of Telangana have issued orders granting the Financial Assistance to the meritorious SC/ST/MW and BC students to enable them to pursue higher studies in Post Graduate /Ph.D Courses in Foreign Universities subject to the certain eligibility conditions under Overseas Scholarship Schemes such as Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students.
2. In the reference 7th read above, the Minority Welfare Dept., has informed that a meeting was held on 19.07.2017 under the Chairmanship of Advisor to Government, Minorities Welfare with the Spl.CS/ Prl.Secy/Secretaries of Welfare departments including concern HODs.Wherein certain changes have been proposed to extend the benefit in large scale under the above-said schemes.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby issue the following orders in partial modification of the orders issued in the reference first to sixth read above:
|Criteria||Addl. Common Criteria which is not included in the existing guidelines|
|Countries eligible||USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea.|
|Income Criteria||Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum from all sources.|
|Listing of Universities||Top Universities in the above said (10) Countries|
|Double P.G.||P.G. will be allowed for P.G. Admission in case of Humanities only.|
|Mandatory Requirements (i)||He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores.|
1. TOEFL – 60
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
|Mandatory Requirements||The Candidate shall not change the University/Course/research topic for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.|
|Mandatory Requirements||10% of overseas scholarships are reserved|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xi)||The merit list generated with weightage of|
Degree marks – 60%
GRE/GMAT – 20%
IELTS/ TOEFL – 20%
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xii)||The applicants to fill the educational qualification marks with secured marks along with total marks in the online application.|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xiii)||The applicants will fill the correct details in the online application form, the applicants who give false details, their application will be rejected and action initiated against the individual.|
(i) 5% of the Target for BCs reserved for EBCs.
(ii) For income criteria, the income of the parents+ if an employed student only to be considered not family.
(iii) Relaxation of 60% minimum marks in degree / PG should be considered only, subject to as the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility tests such as GRE / GMAT and IELTS/TOEFL and gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities / Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and to be done only on case to case basis by the Government.
3. The Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., Deputy Director(PMU), O/o. the Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., and the Senior Project Manager, CGG, Hyd., are therefore requested take necessary steps to update the ePass website to carry out the above changes immediately.
4. The Director, SCDD /Commissioner of Tribal Welfare/Director of B.C. Welfare/ Director of Minorities Welfare TS., Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
5. The above orders will come into force with immediate effect only.
6. This order issued with the concurrence of Finance Department, vide their U.O.No.2802/ 198/ SCSDF/ 2017, dated 28-08-2017 – Modified Orders for TS Overseas Scholarships Scheme (PDF)