Mahatma Jyothiba Phule TS BC Overseas Scholarship 2023 or BC Overseas Scholarship Telangana 2023 notification has been released by the Telangana BC Welfare Department on its Overseas Scholarship Selection website, telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in.
Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi is a Telangana Overseas Scholarship for BC and EBC students. Online registrations would be started on Telangana Overseas Scholarships web Portal.
So, Eligible and interested candidates can apply for Telangana BC Overseas Study Scheme under the TS Foreign study scheme or Foreign Education Scholarship for pursuing higher studies in foreign countries.
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Overseas Scholarship
Govt of Telangana released a Govt Order for introducing of Mahatma Jyotibha Phule Overseas Scholarship Scheme (Vidya Nidhi) to BC and EBC youth.
TS BC Welfare Development is introducing the “TS MJP BC Overseas Scholarship Scheme” for the economically weak BC youth in Telangana State.
Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme: The government is providing Rs.20 lakh each under the MJPOVN Scheme to graduate Backward Classes (BC) and economically backward class (EBC) students pursuing PG and other higher education courses abroad.
Under this scheme, financial assistance of Rs.20,00,000 (Rupees Twenty Lakh Only) shall be granted to the selected applicants through the prescribed process. This assistance shall be for studying overseas in recognized universities for tuition and living expenses.
“MJP Overseas Scholarship” for BC and EBC Students for pursuing Higher studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities.
Telangana Overseas Scholarship for BC
Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi notification: Government of Telangana BC Welfare Department is inviting TS BC Overseas Scholarship online applications from all the eligible graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad under Telangana Overseas Scholarship for BC & EBC students.
BC & EBC Students who have not crossed the maximum age of 35 years as on lot July of the year of advertisement and whose family income is less than Rs.5,00,000/- per annum from all sources are eligible to apply.
The candidates shall possess marks or equivalent grade in graduation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine & Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities. Only those candidates who have received COE / 1-20 and VISA shall apply to avoid unnecessary complications.
TS BC Overseas Scholarship 2023
|Name of the scholarship||TS BC Overseas Scholarship 2023|
|Title||Apply for the Telangana Overseas Scholarship for BC 2023|
|Subject||The Department issued BC Overseas Scholarship Telangana 2023 notification|
|No.of seats||300 Seats|
|Registration||01-09-2023 to 30-09-2023|
BC Overseas Scholarship Telangana
Telangana Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Scholarship is a scholarship program offered by the Government of Telangana to financially assist students who wish to pursue higher education abroad. The scholarship is open to BC, and EBC (Economically Backward Classes) communities.
The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to students to pursue higher education in prestigious universities abroad. The scholarship covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation, and other expenses related to the student’s education.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must have completed their undergraduate or postgraduate education from a recognized university in India. They must also have secured admission to a full-time course in a recognized university abroad.
The application process for the Telangana Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Scholarship begins with the submission of an online application, followed by an interview.
The selection process is based on the student’s academic performance, financial need, and their potential to contribute to the development of the state of Telangana.
The scholarship is a great opportunity for students from economically and socially disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue their dream of studying abroad.
It provides financial assistance to cover the high costs of education and living expenses, allowing students to focus on their studies and achieve their full potential.
Overseas Scholarship for BC students in Telangana
Telangana BC Welfare Department has released the MJP BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship notification under the ‘Mahatma Jyothibapulay BC Overseas Vidyalaya Scheme’.
Online applications are inviting for grant of Rs.20.00 lakhs as financial assistance to BC (backward classes) and EBC students who are desirous of pursuing higher studies in professional courses like Medicine/ Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Nursing/ pure Sciences/ Humanities/Social studies, etc. in Foreign Universities.
Foreign Study Scholarship registrations of BC applications would be Open at Telangana Overseas Scholarship Website – Telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in. Candidates are advised to apply online mode only.
Those under the age of 35 and those with an annual income under Rs.5 lakh are eligible for this scheme. Candidates are selected on the basis of reservation and merit.
Candidates should have submitted Documents of birth, caste, income, residency certificates, Aadhaar card, EPAS ID number, marks lists, TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT qualification and letter of admission from the respective foreign college.
In addition, the applicant must attach the bank passbook, tax assessment, GAP certificate and Visa Copy along with the application. It is suggested to visit the Web porta for getting full details.`
Government of Telangana State have made substantial investments by providing Post-Matric Scholarships to BC and EBC students on a Saturation basis.
This laudable initiative over the years has encouraged a large number of BC and EBC students to complete professional Courses and other Graduate Courses.
- Whom to apply?: Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Overseas scholarships for BC, EBC Students
- Age Limit: The student’s age should be less than 35 years as on 1st July.
- No. of Seats: 300 (15 seats for EBC and 285 for BCs)
- Income Limit: Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 Lakhs per annum from all sources
- The maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement, as per SC/ST overseas scheme.
- The students who have not applied for 1st installment/1st year shall be eligible for 2nd instalment/2nd year under the Scheme.
- The student shall be eligible for an educational loan from any nationalized bank or any other bank, the Department may issue a letter “to whom so ever concerned” informing the selection of candidates along with financial assistance details so that it will be helpful for the students to obtain Bank loan for any additional amount required.
- 5% of 300 students i.e., 15 seats shall be reserved/considered for Economically Backward Classes students.
- Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 Lakhs per annum from all sources. This enhanced income limit will apply only for Overseas Scholarship scheme.
- He/ She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT/PTE with the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL – 60
- IELTS – 6.0
- GRE – 260
- GMAT – 500
- PTE – 50
- PhD Courses are also eligible under the scheme.
- Allocation of seats to BC students shall follow both Reservation and Merit.
Relaxations of 60% minimum marks in degree/PG is considering only, subject to the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility test such as GRE/GMAT/ IELTS/TOEFL/PTE.
And gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities/Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and being done only on case to case basis by the Government.
One way economy class Air ticket fare will be paid for a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) or actual charges whichever is less for any country. Actual Visa Charges are also paid separately in addition to the scheme amount of Rs.20.00 lakhs. – G.O.Ms.No.22 Modified Orders for MJP BC Overseas Scholarships
SCDD Modified Orders for Overseas Scholarships:
|Criteria||Addnl. Common Criteria which is not included in the existing guidelines|
|Countries eligible||USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea.|
|Income Criteria||Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum from all sources.|
|Listing of Universities||Top Universities in the above said (10) Countries|
|Double P.G.||P.G. will be allowed for P.G. Admission in case of Humanities only.|
|Mandatory Requirements (i)||He/ She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores.|
1. TOEFL – 60
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
|Mandatory Requirements||The Candidate shall not change the University/ Course/ research topic for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.|
|Mandatory Requirements||10% of overseas scholarships are reserved for Humanities, Economics, Accounts, Arts and Law students.|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xi)||The merit list generated with weightage of|
a .Degree marks – 60%
b. GRE/GMAT – 20%
c. IELTS/ TOEFL – 20%
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xii)||The applicants to fill the educational qualification marks with secured marks along with total marks in the online application.|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xiii)||The applicants will fill the correct details in the online application form, the applicants who give false details, their application will be rejected and action initiated against the individual.|
(i) 5% of the Target for BCs reserved for EBCs.
(ii) For income criteria, the income of the parents+ if an employed student only to be considered not family.
(iii) Relaxation of 60% minimum marks in degree / PG should be considered only, subject to as the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility tests such as GRE / GMAT and IELTS/ TOEFL and gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities / Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and to be done only on case to case basis by the Government.
BCWD – “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Financial Assistance for BC students for pursuing higher studies in abroad. The State Government is keenly interested in the social, educational and economic development and welfare of Backward Classes in the Telangana State.
Accordingly, Government made substantial allocations for providing scholarships to Backward Classes students on a saturation basis and this initiative over the years as encouraged a large number of Backward Classes students to complete professional Courses and other Graduate Courses.
There are huge opportunities aboard in respect of education and jobs. Students from the Backward Classes community are often handicapped because of their extreme backwardness and poverty and inability to access the benefit of education abroad to better their lives.
With a view to enable the benefit of higher education in Foreign Universities to meritorious Backward Classes Students and thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the country and aboard, Government after careful examination hereby order to introduce a new scheme of “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” for the benefit of the students belonging to Backward Classes and the following are issued accordingly:
MJP BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Details:
- Scholarships: “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” will be initially sanctioned to (300) BC Students every year and is open to all eligible graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad subject to the following guidelines:
- Income Limit: BC Students whose family income is less than “Rs.5,00,000/- in Rural Areas and Rs.5,00,000/- in Urban Areas.” Per annum from all sources are eligible, In the case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must.
- In all cases, the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest tax assessment, as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer, is also required to be enclosed with the application.
- Age Limit: The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
- Qualification for Post Graduation Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences /Medicine & Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
- One child in a family Award: Not more than one child of the same parents/guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect, a self-certificate will be required from the candidate.
- The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a lifetime.
- Countries eligible under the Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada and Singapore.
- He / She should have a valid TOEFL / IELTS & GRE / GMAT.
- He / She should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
- He / She should possess a valid Passport.
- The Candidate should make his/her own efforts in seeking admission to an accredited University / Institution Abroad.
- The selected candidate has to join the concerned University within one year of communication of selection.
- On the expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
- The candidate shall not change the course of study for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the Scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of Visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course in abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
- The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected.
Procedure for Selection for BC Overseas Scholarship
- The notification shall be issued in leading dailies calling for applications and wide publicity will be given in University Campuses and in e-PASS portal in August / September and in January / February of the year.
- All such students desirous of applying for financial assistance for studies abroad shall apply onlin.
- 33% of the awards shall be earmarked for Women candidates.
The physical target shall be given proportionate to the population of various communities of BCs i.e., BC-A, BC-B, BC-D, excluding BC-C and BC- E, students belonging to Mehtar (Sl.No.39) & Sikligar/ Saikalgar (Sl.No.51) of BC-A, Dudekula, Laddaf, Pinjari or Noorbasha (Sl.No.05) of BC-B as they are covered by Minority Welfare Department.
The final allocation percentage is BC – A = 29%, BC – B = 42% and BC – D = 29% including 33% women and 3% Physically challenged students. The registration shall be made under the scheme online at http://www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in.
vi. The student shall submit the following documents: (All are Mandatory)
- Caste Certificate issued by Meeseva.
- Income Certificate issued by Meeseva.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Aadhar Card.
- E-Pass ID Number.
- Residential / Nativity Certificate.
- Passport copy.
- Mark sheet from SSC / Inter / Graduate / PG Level.
- He/ She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores. (1). TOFEL – 60 (2). IELTS – 6.0 (3). GRE – 260 (4). GMAT – 500
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent)
- Copy of the latest Tax Assessment is to be enclosed.
- Copy of Bank Pass Book of Nationalized Bank.
- Photo to be scanned and uploaded.
- VISA Copy
vii. Selection Committee: The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee constituted by Government with the following members. The Bio-data of the candidates who applied online shall be made available to the Committee.
1. Spl. Chief Secretary / Prl. Secretary, BC Welfare: Chairman
2. Secretary, State Council of Higher Education: Member
3. Vice-Chancellor, JNTU: Member
4. Commissioner, SCDD: Member
5. Commissioner, Technical Education: Member
6. Commissioner, BC Welfare: Convenor/Member
7. Expert in Foreign Education: Special Invitee
BC Overseas Scholarship Amount:
- Fees: Fees shall be payable in Two instalments as follows:
- Installment-I: An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs shall be payable to the Institution /students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 card (Immigration Card). AND
- Installment-II: An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs shall be payable to the Institution /students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
- Sanction Proceedings specifying the amount of Rs.20.00 Lakhs will be issued to the individual towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to his/her joining into the Course to the Candidates selected by the Selection Committee. The sanction proceedings can be used by the Candidates for obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy.
- Educational Loan: The Student shall be eligible for an educational loan of Rs.10.00 lakhs from any Nationalized bank at prevailing rates of interest.
- Earnings from Research/Teaching Assistance-Ship: The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking a Research/Teaching Assistance ship.
- Passage grant: One way cheap ticket (Lower fare) by economy class through the shortest route shall be payable upon production of valid visa and admission particulars.
- Visa Fees: The total visa fees shall be reimbursed to the student upon production of valid visa and production of receipts.
- Utilization Certificate: Utilization certificates shall be obtained from the student with a due endorsement of concerned University Authorities for record purpose under the scheme.
- The expenditure debitable from Head of Account under this scheme will be indicated by the Finance Department separately.
- This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.III) Department vide their U.O.No.179/A2/EBS.III/2016, dated.08.09.2016.
- GO. 23 Eligibility Criteria for TS Mahatma Jyotiba Phule BC Overseas Scholarships
- Note: Online applications received in two phases:
- First Phase: August/September
- Second Phase: January/February (Spring)
How to apply for TS BC Overseas Scholarships?
Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Apply online by visiting the official Telangana epass website.
- In this home page, click on ‘Overseas Scholarship Services with aeroplane icon’ link
- Then, Overseas Scholarship Selection for SC, ST, BC and MINORITY Services new web page will appear
- Scroll down the web page and click on ‘Registration’ link under the relevant scholarship “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi for BC and EBC students” section.
- Provide all the relevant details, attach necessary documents.
- Submit and download the application.
- Take a print and preserve the application along with E-pass ID
MJP Overseas VidyaNidhi certificates verification: Candidates should attend with Original Certificates, 2 sets of xerox copies, 4 passport size photos at BC Welfare Office, Masab Tank- and Selection would be on-Overseas Scholarship Selection Web Portal.
TS BC Overseas Scholarship Results would be announced after the completion of the selection process by the Designated committee. List of selected BC and EBC students for Fall Session would be uploaded on the Overseas scholarships web portal. Candidates who applied and participated in the verification process can check details frequently on the official web portal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is TS BC Overseas Scholarships?
The BC Welfare Department, Government of Telangana invites applications for sanction of TS BC Overseas Scholarships from Backward class PG/PhD Candidates with a view to enabling the benefit of higher education in foreign universities to meritorious BC students and thereby providing them with an opportunity for better career prospects within the country. The selected scholars will win up to INR 20 lakhs under Financial Assistance Scheme Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi, Telangana
Who is offering this Foreign study scholarship?
The scholarship is being offered by the Backward Classes Welfare Department, Government of Telangana.
Who can apply for this Foreign Education scholarship?
Eligible PG/PhD BC Students can apply for this Foreign Education scholarship as per the TS BC Overseas Scholarships Eligibility Criteria.
What are the benefits?
One way economy class Air ticket fare will be paid for a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand only) or actual charges whichever is less for any country. Actual Visa Charges are also paid separately in addition to the Scholarship scheme amount of Rs.20.00 lakhs. The student shall be eligible for an educational loan from any nationalized bank or any other bank,
How much is a Scholarship Amount?
The Scholarship amount is Rs.20.00 Lakhs under this scheme
How do I apply for this scholarship?
Eligible candidates may apply through online mode with necessary documents at Telangana Overseas Scholarships Web Portal at https://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/. All such students desirous of applying for financial assistance for studies abroad shall apply online from 1st August to 30th September and again from 1st January to 28th /29th February of the year. So, the registration process shall be made under the scheme online at http://www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/OverseasLinks.do.
What are the documents required for the TS Overseas Scholarships?
a. Caste, Income, Date of Birth and Residential / Nativity Certificate.
b. Photo, Aadhar Card, E-Pass ID Number, Passport copy.
c. Mark sheet from SSC / Inter / Graduate / PG Level.
d. Valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT
e. Admission offer letter from Foreign University
d. Copy of the latest Tax Assessment and Bank Pass Book of Nationalized Bank.
What is the maximum age limit for this scholarship?
The maximum age under the Financial Assistance scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement, as per the SC/ST/BC overseas scheme.
What is the Income Limit for TS Overseas Scholarships?
BC Students whose Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 Lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. This income limit will apply only for Overseas Scholarship scheme. In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest tax assessment, as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer, is also required to be enclosed with the application. Note: For income criteria, the income of the parents and if an employed student only to be considered not family.
How many scholarships would be sanctioned under this notification?
Total of 300 students would be sanctioned under this notification for Backward Classes students. 5% of 300 students i.e., 15 seats shall be reserved/considered for Economically Backward Classes students. The scholarship will be initially sanctioned to 300 BC Students every year and is open to all eligible graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad subject to the guidelines.
What are the selection criteria for these scholarships?
The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee through the Bio-data provided by the candidates who have applied online for the selection process. The committee will be constituted by the Government with the above-mentioned members. Selections would be done as per the Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Rules, Guidelines and Procedure.
When will the notification be released every year?
TS BC Overseas Scholarship Notification shall be issued in leading dailies calling for applications and wide publicity will be given in University Campuses and in e-PASS portal in August / September and in January / February of the year.
What is the name of Financial Assistance Scheme (Overseas Scholarship) for BC Students?
The Scheme name is “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Financial Assistance for BC Students for pursuing higher studies in aboard. Telangana Government introduced this scheme for the benefit of the BC students.
What is the Qualification for the Post Graduation Course?
60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences /Medicine & Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
Which countries are eligible in this Foreign study scheme?
Only the following countries are eligible in the scheme. i.e., USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea. Top Universities in the above said (10) Countries
|Modifications in the existing financial Assistance Scheme such as Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students” for pursuing higher studies in foreign countries|
[GO Ms No.66, SCD Department, dated: 09-11-2017]
|Modified Govt Order|
|Modifications in the existing financial assistance scheme of “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” for BC / EBC Students pursuing higher studies in foreign countries|
[GO Ms No.22, BCWD Department, dated: 22-11-2017]
|Modified Govt Order|
|Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Financial Assistance for BC students for pursuing higher studies in aboard|
[GO Ms No.23, BCWD Department, dated: 10-10-2016]
|Notification & Govt Order|