AP Ambedkar Overseas Scholarship Selection for SC, ST, BC,Kapu and MINORITY Services, AP Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi scheme Scholarship, AP Foreign Education Scheme, AP Overseas Study Scheme, Financial Assistance for SC/ST/BC/Kapu and Minority Students for Pursing Higher studies Abroad: AP Social Welfare Department/Tribal Welfare Department/BC Welfare/Kapu Welfare /Minority Welfare department has published the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship notification and online applications are invited for grant of Rs.15.00 lakhs as financial assistance to SC/ST/BC/Kapu and Minority who are desirous of pursuing higher studies in professional courses like Medicine/Engineering/Pharmacy/ Nursing/ pure Sciences/ Humanities/Social studies, etc. in Foreign Universities. Foreign Study Scholarship registrations of SC, ST and Minority applications are now Open at http://apepass.cgg.gov.in/
Rs.15.00 lakhs Financial assistance:
Rs.15.00 lakhs Financial assistance to SC, ST Students under “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scheme:
GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Social Welfare Department – Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi – Financial assistance to the SC & ST students for pursuing Higher Education in Foreign Universities – Enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs– Orders – Issued.
SOCIAL WELFARE (Edn.2) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, TW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:04-06-2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:28-06-2013
3. From the Secretary to CM, CMP No.8052/Secy/2018, dt:16-04-2018
4. From the DSW, AP, Lr.No.D2/1069/2018, dt:07-05-2018
In the G.Os. 1st and 2nd read above, the Government have introduced the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” to provide financial assistance of Rs.10.00 lakhs to SC & ST students for pursuing studies abroad with a view to enable the benefits of higher education in foreign Universities to meritorious SC & ST students, thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the country and abroad.
2. In the reference 3rd read above, keeping in view of the fee structure and living expenses in foreign universities, the Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi has submitted a proposal for the enhancement of financial assistance from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs under the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
3. Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby enhance the financial assistance to SC & ST students from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.15.00 lakhs under the scheme of “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
4. The Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi and the Director of Tribal Welfare, AP, Amaravathi shall take necessary action accordingly & furnish the revised implementation modalities for implementing the Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi scheme, with the enhanced scale of financial assistance, to Government for approval immediately.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (FMU-Welfare-1) Department, vide their UO No.38027/109/(FMU-WF-1)/2018 , dt:29-05-2018.
AP Overseas Study Scheme Scholarship Details:
1. Scholarship name:
AP Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme Scholarships 2018 for SC/ST Students
AP Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme 2018 for Kapu Students
AP NTR Videshi Vidyadharana Scheme 2018 for BC Students
2. Scholarship amount : 10 lakhs for Foreign Studying
3. How many Scholarships: “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” would be sanctioned to may be 1000 SC students every year and is open to all eligible SC student graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad.”
4. Professional course: Medicine/Engineering/Pharmacy/ Nursing/ pure Sciences/ Humanities/Social studies, etc. in Foreign Universities
5. Foreign Universities: USA /UK /Australia, Canada and Singapore
1. Candidate should belong to SC community & should be native of State of Telangana.
2. Total family income should not exceed Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum.
3. 1st class marks in Graduation is compulsory for pursuing PG studies abroad.
4. 1st class marks in PG.is compulsory for pursuing Ph.D studies abroad.
Income limit: SC Students whose family income is less than Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum. In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest Tax Assessment as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer is also required to be enclosed with the application.
Age limit: The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine & Nursing /Social Sciences/Humanities.
2) For PhD Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences /Medicine / Social Sciences/ Humanities.
d) One Child in a family one time Award: Not more than one child of the same parents / guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect a selfcertification will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a life time.
e) Countries eligible under the Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada, and Singapore.
i) He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS & GRE/GMAT.
ii) He/She should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
iii) He/she should possess a valid Passport.
iv) The Candidates are required to make their own efforts in seeking admission in accredited University/Institution abroad.
v) The selected candidate has to join the concerned university within one year of communication of selection. On expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
vi) The candidate shall not change the course of study or research for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
vii) It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the
appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the Scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
viii) The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected. ts ambedkar overseas vidya nidhi scholarship scheme,ts foreign education scheme,telangana overseas study schemefor sc/st/minority students,last date for apply
The registered students shall be shortlisted for grant of scholarship by a State Level Selection Committee headed by the Principal Secretary, Social Welfare.
How to apply/ Registration:
1. Interested students shall apply in
*SC/ST/BC Students https://epass.apcfss.in/OverseasReg.do
*Kapu Students http://apepass.cgg.gov.in/epassonlinelinksforkapu.jsp
*BC Students http://apepass.cgg.gov.in/epassonlinelinksforBCwelfare.jsp
as per schedule in prescribed format along with documents.
online application process is going on…………………..
The student shall submit the following documents:
1. Caste Certificate from Mee Seva.
2. Income Certificate from Mee Seva.
3. Date of Birth certificate.
4. Aadhar card.
5. E-pass ID Number.
6. Residential/Nativity certificate.
7. Passport copy.
8. Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG level.
9. GRE /GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test score card.
10. TOFEL / IELTS score card.
11. Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent).
12. Copy of the latest Tax assessment is to be enclosed.
13. Copy of Bank Pass Book of Nationalized Bank.
14. Photo to be scanned and uploaded.
Last date for submission of online applications: process is going on…
AP Overseas Scholarships Links:
1. Application Registration for Overseas Scholarships for KAPU Students
2. Application Registration for Overseas Scholarships for EBC Students.
3. Application Registration for Overseas Scholarships for SC/ST Students.
4. Application Registration for Overseas Scholarships for BC Students.
5. Application Registration for Overseas Scholarships