Precautions Should be Taken in Schools, Proceedings Rc.No.707/RTE Cell/A4/2014, Dated: 03-07-2014 and Proceedings Rc.No. 707, Dated: 08-07-2014: As per RTE Act 2009 Certain Precautions to be Taken in Schools during the ensuing monsoon season in this Academic Year 2014-15
and Certain instructions have been issued to all the District Educational Officers in State by the C&DSE and SPD AP and Telangana State, Hyderabad in this subject. This proceedings details as follow.
Reference:- 1. APRTE Rules 2010 issued in G.O Ms No 20, SSA,Dated: 03-03-2011.
Rc.No.707 Certain Precautions to be Taken in Schools during the ensuing Monsoon Season
All the District Educational Officers in the State are informed that the new Academic Year has started enrolment of children and regular teaching has started across the state. It is necessary for the department to issue certain instructions to the Headmasters, Teachers and SMCs in the state requesting them to take necessary precautions about
- Cleanliness of the school premises,
- Arranging Mid-Day Meal,
- Drinking Water and
- Ensuring proper sanitation in the schools.
As the monsoon season is approaching there is a possibility of
A. water logging,
B. chocking of drains,
C. leakages in the roof and
D. Drinking Water contamination etc leading to illness of children.
AP Rc.707 Precautions Should be Taken in Schools During Monsoon Season
To Take Necessary Precautions
The District Educational Officers are requested to issue detailed circular about the precautions to be taken by the HMS, Teachers and SMCs.
- The Class Rooms and the School premises have to be daily cleaned and the dust and waste papers etc have to be disposed of at a place away from the class rooms.
- The Drinking Water storage tanks/Drums/Pots have to be regularly cleaned and filled with clean drinking water.
- The students are to be asked to wash their hands before and after using the toilet.
- The toilets have to be maintained cleanly pouring sufficient water before and after use.
- There is a possibility of Drinking Water getting contaminated due to rain water contamination or water and drainage pipe leakages. Care has to be taken to avoid these.
- The cooking agency members must also be instructed to maintain cleanliness of the vessels, cooking premises, clean the vegetables, rice and other provisions properly before cooking and also personal hygiene without fall. They may be warned of severe action in case of failure to adhere to norms.
- The MEOs are to be instructed to conduct regular meetings with the SC s to create awareness among them about the importance of Drinking Water and Sanitation in their schools.
- Due to rains there is a possibility of water togging and chocking of drains. In such cases, the HMs have to approach the Gram Panchayats/Municipal Authorities to clear the used water outlets and drainage pipelines.
- The HMs, SMC and the community are to be requested to extend their cooperation in maintain the school surroundings clean and hygienic.
- Any laxity in this regard shall be viewed very seriously and all the persona concerned shall be held responsible and action initiated as per Rules. They are therefore requested to issue necessary instructions
- to all the Headmasters and SMCs with a request to take all precautions to avoid
- any such untoward incidence in the schools.
- AP SSA, Hyd, Rc.No.707, Dt: 03/07/2014-Certain Precautions to be Taken in Schools during the ensuing Monsoon Season
- TS, SSA, Hyd, Rc.No.0707/RTE Cell/T4/2014, Dt: 08/07/2014 Certain Precautions to be Taken in Schools during the ensuing Monsoon Season