AP Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme 2020-21 for studying overseas for Kapu youth, Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme, Overseas Vidya Deevena Scheme: Andhra Pradesh State Kapu Welfare and Development Corporation Limited (APSKWDCL), a Government of Andhra Pradesh undertaking, is introducing the “Chandranna Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme (2020-21)” for the economically weak Kapu youth in Andhra Pradesh.
Under this scheme, financial assistance of Rs 1,000,000 (Rupees Ten Lakh Only) shall be granted to the selected applicants through the prescribed process. This assistance shall be for studying overseas in recognized universities for tuition and living expenses.
Objective: The scheme aims at encouraging economically weak Kapu youth to study overseas.
1. This scheme is applicable for members from economically weak families of Kapu Community of Andhra Pradesh who aspire to do their Graduate (only MBBS), Post Graduate or Ph.D. Courses abroad.
2. 400 students shall be offered this scholarship.
3. Under this scheme, financial assistance of Rs 1,000,000 (Rs Ten Lakh Only) shall be granted to the selected applicants through the prescribed process.
4. One way economy class ticket (lowest fare tickets) for the shortest route shall be payable upon production of valid visa and admission particulars.
5. The total visa fees shall be reimbursed to the student upon production of valid visa and receipts of visa fee payment.
ELIGIBILITY for AP Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme:
1. The applicant should belong to the Kapu community i.e. the Kapu, Balija, Telaga, and Ontari sub-castes of Andhra Pradesh.
2. The annual income limit of the parents shall be Rs 600,000 (Rupees Six Lakh Only) or below.
3. At the time of admission into the foreign institute, the applicant should have received his/her Intermediate certificate/relevant Graduate Degree for applying for MBBS courses or Graduate/PG certificate for applying for PG/Ph.D. courses.
4. PG courses include PG Diploma courses of One year, and One and Half year duration.
5. The scheme includes the study of CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and CPM (Certified Portfolio Manger) courses in the United States of America since they are equivalent to Chartered Accountancy (CA) / Cost Accounting (CA) courses in India.
6. The applicant should be 35 years of age or below while applying.
7. Any Individual can avail this scheme only once in a lifetime, and cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times.
8. Studying in courses from recognized universities from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Sweden, Netherlands, France, Denmark, Russia, Philippines, Kazakhstan and China (Philippines, Kazakhstan, and China for medicine only) shall be considered for this scheme.
9. Application to other countries can be considered from case to case basis by the State Level Selection Committee.
10. In the case where not all scholarships are availed by eligible candidates, students already studying in 1st year or going to join 2nd year in eligible foreign institutes and courses, as above, may apply for this scheme.
11. The applicant should not have availed himself/ herself of any amount under any other Government scheme for the same purpose.
1. The following requirements should be mandatorily met by the candidates-
2. He / She should have a valid TOEFL /IELTS /GRE /GMAT.
3. He / She should have obtained admission into an accredited Foreign University.
4. He/ She should possess a valid Passport.
5. The Candidate should make his/her own efforts in seeking admission to an accredited University / Institution Abroad.
6. The selected candidate has to join the concerned University within one year of communication of selection. On the expiry of this specified period of time, the award shall be automatically canceled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
7. The candidate can change the course or university (in the same or any other eligible country) of study or research. Permission shall be accorded on a case by case basis, subject to the approval by the State Level Selection Committee.
8. It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country where the admitted university is located.
9. Students studying in 1st year or going to join 2nd year in eligible foreign institutes and courses as above may apply with a letter of enrolment from their studying institute, stating their status as a student and year of study in the said institute.
10. The application should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE fo AP Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme:
1. The notification shall be issued in leading dailies calling for applications and wide publicity shall be given in University Campuses and in the APSKWDCL website in August/September and January/February of the Academic year 2018-19.
2. Eligible candidates should fill their application online at the APSKWDCL website in the prescribed format.
3. Applicant should upload the scanned copies (in PDF format of min 50 KB and max 150 KB size each) ) of the self-attested copy of the following documents:
a. Income certificate.
b. Aadhar Cards of the applicant.
c. Caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
d. Date of birth proof.
e. Intermediate or Graduate degree mark sheet.
f. Passbook details of Savings Bank Account in Nationalized Bank (account must be in the name of the applicant).
g. Passport size photograph (in JPEG format up to 50 KB size).
h. Passport copy.
i. GRE / GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard.
j. TOFEL / IELTS scorecard.
k. Admission offer letter from Foreign University
l. Biodata of the candidate.
SELECTION AND SCHEME EXECUTION PROCESS:
AP Videshi Vidya Deevena Scheme:
1. All such students desirous of applying for financial assistance for studies abroad shall apply online from 1st August to 30th September and again from 1st January to 29th February of the year. 33% of the awards shall be earmarked for Women Candidates (if an adequate number of eligible women candidates are not available then Male candidates may be selected against this 33%).
2. 3% of the awards shall be earmarked for Specially Abled Candidates (if an adequate number of eligible Specially Abled candidates are not available then other candidates may be selected against this 33%).
3. The Selection shall be conducted by a State Level Screening Committee constituted by the Government.
4. Selection shall be based on the application data and Biodata of the candidate. The selected candidates shall be eligible for a Scholarship amount of Rs1,000,000 (Rupees Ten Lakh only)
5. The scholarship shall be payable to the student in their listed bank account in two installments –
Installment I – An amount of Rs 500,000 (Rupees Five Lakh Only) shall be payable to the students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 card. (Immigration Card).
Installment II – An amount of Rs 500,000 (Rupees Five Lakh Only) shall be payable to the students upon production of the 1st Semester/Term results.
6. Sanction Proceedings specifying the amount of Rs 1,000,000 (Rupees Ten Lakh only) shall be issued to the individual towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to his/her joining the Course and the Candidates selected by the Selection Committee. The sanction proceedings can be made use of by the Candidates for obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy.
7. One way economy class ticket (lowest fare tickets) for the shortest route shall be payable upon production of valid visa and admission particulars.
8. The total visa fees shall be reimbursed to the student upon production of valid visa and receipts of visa fee payment.
9. The Student shall be eligible for an educational loan of Rs 500,000 (Rupees Five Lakh Only) from any Nationalized Bank at prevailing rates of interest. The Corporation shall coordinate with the Nationalised Banks in securing the education loans to the selected candidates.
10. The awardees are permitted to supplement the scholarship allowances by undertaking Research/Teaching Assistantship, as available from the respective universities.
11. Upon the release of the 2nd Instalment, a Utilization Certificates shall be obtained from the student with the endorsement of concerned University Authorities for record purposes under the scheme.
12. In case of not enough eligible applications being selected by the corporation to fill up the number of targeted scholarships (i.e. 400 scholarships), students already studying in 1st year or going to join 2nd year in eligible foreign institutes and courses will be eligible to be granted the scholarship under this scheme, which will be done through the above-mentioned process.
For any clarifications or difficulties in applying for the program, applicants can contact Executive Director/ Project Director of BC Corporation/ Kapu Corporation or the APSKWDCL helpline.