G.O.Ms.No.23, Dated:31.03.2012: Government Of Andhra Pradesh, Education Department – School Education – SSC Public Examination, March 2012 – Enhancement of Contingency charges from Rs.2/- to Rs.5/- per candidate for conduct of SSC Public Examinations, March, 2012 – Orders – Issued.
1.G.O.Ms.No.43 Education (SE-Exams) Department dated:20.03.2009.
- From the Director of Govt. Examinations, AP, Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No.20/B-1/2009, dated:30.11.2011 & 25.01.2012.
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government have issued orders for payment of Rs.2/- per candidates for contingency charges for providing drinking water, lighting and sanitary facilities etc., by the Chief Superintendents to the candidates who are taking the Examinations.
- The Director of Government Examinations, AP, Hyderabad in his letter 2nd read above has reported that the Teacher Unions have been frequently making representations to the Director of Government Examinations, AP, Hyderabad requesting to increase the rate of contingency charges from Rs.2/- to Rs. 15/- in view of the exorbitant market rates and to enable the Chief Superintendents of Exam centres to spend the contingent amount during the examinations days.
The Chief Superintendent has to go to the selected post office only to post the Examination Answer books to the selected spot valuation camp. He / She has to reach the post office by Four wheeler or Auto only. Two or Three answer book bundles have 20 Kgs weight cannot be taken on two wheeler. As such the Chief Superintendent has to use the services of Auto in two instances.
- In view of the reasons explained above and importance of safety measures to be taken by the Chief Superintendent, the DGE, Hyd has proposed to enhance the contingencies from Rs.2/- to Rs.5/- per candidates to facilitate the Chief Superintendent to make arrangements for smooth conduct of Examinations.
a) Approximate expenditure incurred towards contingency charges @ Rs.2/- per candidate for SSC Examinations, March 2011. 13,00,000 x Rs.2/- = Rs.26,00,000/-
b) Approximate expenditure to be incurred towards contingency charges @ Rs.5/- per candidate (proposed rate) for SSC Examinations, March 2012. 13,00,000 x Rs.5/- = Rs.65,00,000/-
c) The Additional Expenditure to be met. =Rs.39,00,000/-
- The Director of Govt. Examinations, has therefore requested the Government to issue early orders for enhancement of Contingency Charges from Rs.2/- to Rs.5/- per candidate and also to permit the Director of Govt. Examinations, to meet the contingency Charges with new rates from the available Budget for the financial year 2011-12 without sanctioning the Addl. Budget for the SSC Public Examinations, March. 2012.
- After careful examination of the proposal, Government hereby enhance the Contingency Charges from Rs.2/- to Rs.5/- per candidate and also permit the Director of Govt. Examinations, AP, Hyd to meet the contingency Charges with new rates from the available Budget for the financial year 2011-12 without sanctioning the Addl. Budget for the SSC Public Examinations, March. 2012.
- The Director of Govt. Examinations, AP, Hyderabad shall take necessary further action accordingly.
- This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (ESE) Dept vide their U.O.No.6450/157/ESE/12, dated:17.03.2012.