B.Ed is Eligible for SGT Teacher Posts in Primary Schools, B. Ed Qualified candidates are also eligible to write Secondary Grade Teacher Posts for Primary Schools in India. Indian Gazette, F.No.NCTE Regl 012/16/2018 – NCTE No.249 Dated: 29-06-2018 – Bachelor of Education course completed candidates are also eligible for primary school (I to V) teacher posts. For more details are available at https://edcet.tsche.ac.in/
B.Ed is Eligible for SGT Posts (Primary School Teachers Recruitment) THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY [PART III- SEC. 4, NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TEACHER EDUCATION NOTIFICATION New Delhi, the 7th June 2018
F. No. NCTE-Regl 012/16/2018.-1n exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 23 of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act. 2009 (35 of 2009) and in pursuance of notification number S.O. 750(E) dated the 21st, March 2010 issued by the Department of School Education and Literacy, Minister of Human Resource Development, Government of India, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) hereby makes the following further amendments to the notification number P.N. 61-03/20/2010/NCTEKN.). dated the 23rd of August. 2010. published in the Gazette of India.
Extraordinary, Part III. Section 4, dated the 25th August 2010, hereinafter referred to as he said notification namely-
(1) In the said notification, in part, I in sub-para (i), in clause (a) after the words and brackets ‘Graduation and two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known). the following shall be insert.. namely:- OR “Graduation with at least 50 % marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)”
2. In the said notification in pare 3, for sub-para(a), the following sub-para shall be substituted namely:-
“(a) who has acquired the qualification of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge course n Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE within two years of such appointment as a primary teacher”.
|Category||Indian Gazette Notification|
|Issued By||The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)|
|F.NO||F.No.NCTE Regl 012/16/2018|
|NCTE No||NCTE No.249|
|Subject||B.Ed is Eligible for SGT Teacher Posts in Primary Schools|
B.Ed Candidates are eligible to SGT Posts:
1. Gazette notification issued by NCTE. The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has released a revised gazette notification for the candidates who completed the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) are also eligible for Secondary Grade Teacher (SGT) posts.
2. Those who have been selected for the SGT post have to complete a six-month bridge course in NCTE Recognized Primary Education within two years, the Gazette said.
3. Previously B.Ed candidate was only eligible for school assistants (SA) posts.
4. According to NCYE Gazette Notification, B.Ed candidates can now apply to SGT and School Assistants posts.
5. In DSC 2008, 30% of the SGT posts were allotted to the D.Ed candidates. The remaining 70 percent posts are allotted to D.Ed and B.Ed on merit basis.
6. In DSC 2010, the wake of the Supreme Court verdict, 100% of the SGT posts was allotted to the D.Ed candidates.
7. After the partition of the state, in 2014 DSC SGT posts were totally filled with the D.Ed Candidates.
7 thoughts on “B.Ed is Eligible for SGT Teacher Posts in Primary Schools – Indian Gazette”
IAM completed BSC bed and ctet paper 2 passsed .IAM eligible to write Sgt post or not or shall I have to write Tet Paper 1
Yes, you can eligible write SGT Posts as per the NCTE Norms. When TRT Notification is out, you can read the notification
Sir, iam compleated M.A., B.Ed. my degree percentage only 45 percent. Iam eligible to Write SGT post or not eligible. Plz reply me sir
As per the TS TRT Rules: II. Secondary Grade Teacher :-
i. Must Possess Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) as recognised by the Board of Intermediate, Telangana with at least 50% Marks (In case of SC / ST / BC / Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 45%) and Pass in 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education.
ii. Must Possess Intermediate / Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) as recognised by the Board of Intermediate, Telangana with at least 45% Marks (In case of SC / ST / BC / Differently abled candidates, the minimum marks shall be 40%) in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations, 2002 (i.e those who are admitted into D.El.Ed. up to the year 2007)and Pass in 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education / 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education.
Pass in Paper I of Telangana State Eligibility Test (TSTET) / Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (APTET) / Central Teacher Eligibility Test. (CTET)
Is B.tech with B.Ed are eligible for SGT posts ? and when to do Bridge course (during B.Ed or after getting job? )
Dear Sir / Madam,
I am doing B.ed final year after complete this which one i have to write TET or DSC and what is SGT and SA please please please help me i don’t know about this
DSC would be conducted for Teachers Recruitment and TET is an Eligibility Test.
Firs you have to appear the TET/ CTET and after when govt release the Teachers Recruitment you can apply then