B. Ed Qualified candidates are also eligible to write Secondary Grade Teacher Posts for Primary Schools in India. Indian Gazette, F.No.NCTE Regl 012/16/2018 – NCTE No.249 Dated: 29-06-2018 – Bachelor of Education course completed candidates are also eligible for primary school (I to V) teacher posts.
B. Ed is Eligible for SGT Posts (Primary School Teachers Recruitment)
THE GAZETTE OF INDIA EXTRAORDINARY [PART III- SEC. 4,
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TEACHER EDUCATION NOTIFICATION
New Delhi, the 7th June 2018
F. No. NCTE-Regl 012/16/2018.-1n exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of Section 23 of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act. 2009 (35 of 2009) and in pursuance of notification number S.O. 750(E) dated the 21st, March 2010 issued by the Department of School Education and Literacy, Minister of Human Resource Development, Government of India, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) hereby makes the following further amendments to the notification number P.N. 61-03/20/2010/NCTEKN.). dated the 23rd of August. 2010. published in the Gazette of India.
Extraordinary, Part III. Section 4, dated the 25th August 2010, hereinafter referred to as he said notification namely-
(1) In the said notification, in part, I in sub-para (i), in clause (a) after the words and brackets ‘Graduation and two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known). the following shall be insert.. namely:- OR “Graduation with at least 50 % marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)”
2. In the said notification in pare 3, for sub-para(a), the following sub-para shall be substituted namely:-
“(a) who has acquired the qualification of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE recognized institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge course n Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE within two years of such appointment as a primary teacher”.
|Category||Indian Gazette Notification|
|Issued By||The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)|
|F.NO||F.No.NCTE Regl 012/16/2018|
|NCTE No||NCTE No.249|
|Subject||B.Ed is Eligible for SGT Teacher Posts in Primary Schools|
B.Ed Candidates are eligible to SGT Posts:
1. Gazette notification issued by NCTE. The National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has released a revised gazette notification for the candidates who completed the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) are also eligible for Secondary Grade Teacher (SGT) posts.
2. Those who have been selected for the SGT post have to complete a six-month bridge course in NCTE Recognized Primary Education within two years, the Gazette said.
3. Previously B.Ed candidate was only eligible for school assistants (SA) posts.
4. According to NCYE Gazette Notification, B.Ed candidates can now apply to SGT and School Assistants posts.
5. In DSC 2008, 30% of the SGT posts were allotted to the D.Ed candidates. The remaining 70 percent posts are allotted to D.Ed and B.Ed on merit basis.
6. In DSC 2010, the wake of the Supreme Court verdict, 100% of the SGT posts was allotted to the D.Ed candidates.
7. After the partition of the state, in 2014 DSC SGT posts were totally filled with the D.Ed Candidates.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details