The Andhra Pradesh Open University renamed as Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University in 1991, was established in August, 1982 by an Act of State Legislature. Its principal aim is to provide educational opportunities to all those who wish to pursue higher studies and acquire Degrees and Diplomas. It is a boon to those who, for one reason or other, have not been able to study at a college or a University although they are keen on improving their educational qualifications.
“Education for All” being the motto, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University brings the benefits of higher education to a large number of people, including employees, adults, women and housewives who are interested in higher learning.
The University makes use of multimedia instructional components such as audio-visual programmes (Radio, Television, Audio Cassettes and Video Cassettes), in addition to print material and contact-cum-counselling classes. The Study Centres will function on all week days except on every Monday and Tuesday following Second Saturday. The counselling classes are arranged at the study centres on Sundays.
Important Instructions to Candidates:
1. Candidates should note that the admissions are made ‘Online’. The University will not supply Application Form in physical format, instead, the candidate has to visit BRAOU portal (www.braouonline.in) to access the Application Form for online registration.
2. The print out of filled-in Application Form along with copies of certificates shall be submitted in the study centre where he / she wish as to seek admission.
3. The information furnished and certificates submitted as proof of qualification, date of birth, caste etc., are final and which cannot be changed till the student is graduated from the university. Finally, this information will also appear in the certificates to be issued by the University. The women candidates, even after their marriage, shall write their surname and father’s name as shown in SSC memo or school TC or affidavit. In no case they shall write either the surname of husband or the name of husband in place of father.
4. Candidates shall make all their payments either through AP Online Centre or through Debit Card / Credit Card or through Net Banking (Those who have account with SBH). No payment shall be made in cash to any person in any study centre. University is not responsible for such transactions.
5. No changes will be EFFECTED in the certificates with regard to caste and date of birth either during the study of the programme or after completion of the programme.
6. The university has set up a Help Desk at the headquarters to provide guidance to the students. Therefore, the students are advised to get full details of admission either through Help Desk or through the concerned Study Centre. The following are the Numbers of Help Desk.