BRAOU Distance BEd Special Education Admission 2022 or BRAOU B.Ed Special Education Entrance Test 2022 notification would be released by the Ambedkar Open University on its official website, braouonline.in. Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), the Department of Education is offering B.Ed. The programme, approved by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education), from 2008 in Telugu medium. Candidates who are interested to join in Distance B.Ed in Special Education can apply through online mode.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU), the Department of Education is offering B.Ed. Special Education (SE) Programme in Telugu and English media, approved by RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India), from the Academic Year 2009. So, BRAOU, Department of Education has released the BEd (SE) Entrance Test 2022 Notification on 19-02-2022.
The University invites the online applications from the eligible candidates for admission into BEd(SE) through Entrance Test. This notification Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualifications, Age limit, How to apply, online application form, last date for apply, exam date, registration fee, course fee, hall tickets, results, and more details are provided here.
BEd(SE) Program Details: B.Ed. (SE) programme is being offered through distance mode by Dr. BRAOU, Hyderabad. It aims to develop professionals for special education within a broad perception of education in the twenty-first century. The programme is intended to train the professionals to enable them to imbibe knowledge, understanding, attitude, and skill to impart education effectively to the disabled.
Ambedkar Open University Distance BEd Admission 2022
|Name of the entrance test||BRAOU B.Ed SE Entrance Test 2022|
|Title||Apply for the Ambedkar Open University B.Ed SE Entrance Test 2022|
|Subject||BRAOU released the Ambedkar University B.Ed SE Entrance Test 2022 notification|
|B.Ed Web Portal||BRAOU B.ED SE Admission|
B.Ed (SE) Program Objectives: The B.Ed. (SE) programme of Dr. BRAOU aims to enable the Trainee Teacher to achieve the following objectives.
- To develop a broad perspective of the role of specially trained professionals as an agent of change in the prevailing and emerging Indian Society in the ensuring age of IT revolution and globalization.
- To develop confidence among the learners about their potentialities, abilities, and usefulness to save society with a sense of freedom, self-respect, and dignity.
- To develop professional competencies among the learners to educate the different disabled groups.
- To understand various methods and approaches to organizing learning experiences of the disabled groups of learners in the disability area for inclusive/integrated/special education set up.
- To understand and develop the ability to manage special schools.
- To develop competencies to organize various co-curricular and extracurricular activities, specially for differently-abled children.
|Admission||BRAOU B.Ed Special Education Admission 2022|
|University Name||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)|
|Last Date to Apply||11-03-2022|
|Entrance Exam Date||20-03-2022|
Duration of BEd Program: The minimum period to complete the programme from the date of registration is 2 years AND the maximum period to complete the programme from the date of registration: 6 years
Mediu, of BEd(SE) Program: The medium of instruction is English and Telugu. A student should write the answers in Year-end Examination, Assignments, and Records, Teaching Practice and Practical Lesson Records in the same medium which he selects at the time of admission.
Program Fee: The Programme fee is Rs.20, 000/- for the entire programme of two years. The total fee has to be paid at the time of admission in a single payment.
Eligibility Criteria for BRAOU B.Ed Special Education Entrance Test: Candidate satisfying the following requirements shall be eligible to appear for the entrance test.
- The Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
- The Candidate who has obtained any Bachelor’s Degree from any Recognised University i.e., B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Home Science)/ B.Com. / B.C.A / B.B.M. is Eligible for Admission.
- Weightage will be given to the candidates fulfilling any one of the following conditions in the Common Entrance test apart from their marks obtained in the test.
- Parent of a child with Disability – 10Marks (Disability Certificate of Child from the competent authority must be enclosed)
- A person with Disability – 10Marks (Disability Certificate from the competent authority must be enclosed).
- Professional of any RCI Recognised Qualification – 10Marks (Copy of RCI Registration Certificate must be enclosed)
- Those appearing in Qualifying Examination (Bachelor or a Higher Degree) can also apply. But they will be required to submit the proof of having passed the Qualifying Examination at the time admission. Otherwise, they are not allowed for admission.
- Candidate should have completed 21 Years as on 01.07.2021. No upper age limit.
- Note: (1) As per the G.O No. 92, the candidate who passed B.E/B.Tech/ MBBS/BDS/ BPT /BAMS/ BL/LL.B /B.Sc. (ASLP)/ B.O.L B.A.(Languages) and other such professional courses are not eligible for admission into B.Ed. (SE) course.
- (2) Care of choosing the area of specialization in your B.Ed. (SE) Programme:
- Visual Impairment (VI)
- Mental Retardation (MR)
- Hearing Impairment (HI)
- (3) Candidate can shift their Area of Specialisation i.e. HI/MR/VI at the time of Admission as per their interest and availability of the seats in leftover vacancies.
B.Ed (SE) Admissions Procedure: Centralized Admission will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by Dr. BRAOU. The candidate will be required to submit only the filled-in application form without enclosures. There will be a total of 490 seats in B.Ed. (Special Education) Programme. The number of candidates to be admitted in each area of Specialization in the University shall be as follows:
(a) Visual Impairment: 50,
(b) Hearing Impairment: 200,
(c) Mentally Retardation: 240
Scheme of BRAOU BEd Special Education Entrance Test:
- The entrance test will be held on 20-03-2022.
- Candidates are expected in the examination hall by 1.30 PM.
- The entrance test will be for 100 Marks with 100 objective types (Multiple Choice) questions and is of 2 hours duration.
- The syllabus and the model questions are furnished separately in this booklet.
- The medium of Entrance test: English & Telugu
Syllabus for Entrance Test:
Syllabus for the subjects under Part – I, and Part – II of the B.Ed. (SE) Entrance Test is as follows.
Part – I: General English Comprehension
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex
- Voices – Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
Part – II: General Mental Ability
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal & Abstract Reasoning
Ranking: Candidates will be ranked in the order of merit in the B.Ed. (SE) entrance test. In case of candidates getting equal marks, Part-C marks will be taken into account to decide relative ranking. In case of a tie, the marks obtained in Part-B and then Part-A will be taken into account to decide relative ranking.
In the case of candidates getting equal marks in each of the parts of the test paper, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates, and the older candidates shall be given priority. The rank obtained in B.Ed. Entrance Test is valid for entry into B.Ed. (SE) Program for that academic year 2021-2022 only.
Note: 1. Request for Re-Totalling and Re-valuation or personal identification of scripts will not be entertained.
2. The Qualifying mark in the B.Ed. Entrance Test for all candidates, except SC / ST, is 35. For the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities ranking will be extended below the qualifying mark.
Test Centers: The Entrance Test will be held at the Regional Coordination Centres of BRAOU.
Eligibility Criteria for the Choice of Methodology in B.Ed. (SE):
- Mathematics: B.A. / B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the group subjects and B.C.A. candidates with Mathematics at Intermediate level in optional Mathematics stream are also eligible.
- Physical Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc. who have studied Physics and Chemistry OR Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects. B.C.A. candidates with Physical Sciences (Physics & Chemistry) at Intermediate level as group subjects are also eligible.
- Biological Sciences: Candidates with B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Home Science) who have studied Botany and Zoology OR Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects and B.C.A. candidates with Biological Sciences at Intermediate level with optional Biological Sciences are also eligible.
- Social Studies: All candidates with B.A. / B.Com./B.O.L. students with Social Studies background at Intermediate level as group subjects are eligible.
Original Certificates to be submitted at the time of Admissions:
- Degree Provisional Certificate and Year wise Marks Memos
- Date of Birth Certificate / SSC Certificate
- Integrated Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Medical Board Certificate (for PH candidates)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate.
- Intermediate / 10+2 certificate.
- Study Certificates (IX to Degree) or Residence Certificate
How to apply:
The candidate has to register his/her candidature for appearing B.Ed. (SE) Entrance Test in University website www.braouonline.in and payment of registration fee through any AP ONLINE/TS ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE across the state on or before 11-03-2022. Go through the following instructions given below and register accordingly.
- Visit University website www.braouonline.in,
- Fill the application form ON-LINE with the help of all your certificates/documents and the latest Pass Port Size (5 x 3.7 size with JPEG format).[see the model application form at the end pages for the information you need to provide to fill the application ON-LINE & keep it ready with you ].
- If any wrong information is provided in the application form, it is the responsibility of the applicant only and the University is not liable.
- After submitting the form, get a printed copy of your application number and pay an amount of Rs.600/- towards Registration Fee at any AP ONLINE/TS ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRE and obtain a receipt for the same.
- Please keep the application number and receipt carefully with you for further reference.
- Note: No Physical submission of application either at RCC or Head Quarters of University or at any other place is required.
B.Ed Program Centers:
Name and Address of the Programme Centre
- B.Ed. (SE) (Area of Specialization in Visual Impairment) Program Centres:
- Code No.936 – Devanar Foundation for Blind School, H.No. 1-10-125, Mayuri Marg, Begumpet, Hyderabad 500 016.
- B.Ed. (SE) (Area of Specialization in Mental Retardation) Program Centres:
- Code No.937 – Rashtriya Seva Samithi (RASS), Seva Nilayam, Annamaiah Marg, Tirupathi – 517 501,.
- Code No. 938 – Thakur Hari Prasad Institute of Research & Rehabilitation for the Mentally Handicapped, Vivekananda Nagar, Dilshkh Nagar, Hyderabad.
- Code No. 939 – Sweekar Rehabilitation Institute for Handicapped, Upkar Circle, Picket, Secendrabad -500 003
- Code No. 941 – Hellen Kellar‟s Institute of Research & Rehabilitation for the Disabled Children, Bank Colony, Ramakrishnapuram, Sec‟bad – 500 056.
- Code No. 945 – Child Guidance Centre, H.No. 7-6/2, Santhosh Sadan, Near Uppal Bus Depot, Firjadiguda, Hyderabad.
- B.Ed. (SE) (Area of Specialization in Hearing Impairment) Program Centres
- Code No. 942 – Sweekar Rehabilitation Institute for Handicapped, Upkar Circle, Picket, Secendrabad – 500 003.
- Code No. 943 – Helen Kellers‟s Training College for Teachers ‟s of the Deaf, H.No: 10/72, Near Sivalingam Beedi Factory, Bellary Road, Kadapa–516 001.
- Code No. 944 – Navajeevan Special School for the Deaf and College of Education, Door No: 4-20204S, Ayyalurimetta, Sugar Factory, Nandyal, Kurnool – 500 026.
- Code No. 940 – Madona High School for the Deaf, Camel Nagar, Gunadala, Vijayawada – 520 004.
Note: 1. There are 490 Seats in total (both English & Telugu media). In each Programme Centre, Maximum 50 seats per each specialized subject area will be filled, as per the choice of the candidate, medium and the availability of vacancies. The program center will be allotted based on the area of specialization.
2. The University doesn’t shift students from one center to another at any cost. The change of program center shall not be entertained under any circumstances due to administrative reasons. 3. Students shall attend workshops only at the program center allotted to them and not at any other center.
- Commencement of Registration: 19-02-2022.
- Last date for Registration: 11-03-2022.
- Registration fee: Rs.600/-
- Date & Time of Entrance Test: 20-03-2022.
- B.Ed Entrance Exam Timings:10.30 AM to 12.30 PM
- B.Ed (SE) Entrance Exam Timings: 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM
- Online Application For B.Ed./B.Ed.(Special Education) Entrance Test