Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Scheme: Prime Minister to Launch Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana in Patna: The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) on 25th July 2020 in Patna. The DDUGJY is one of the flagship programs of the Ministry of Power and will facilitate a 24×7 supply of power.
The DDUGJY Scheme approved by the Union Government draws its inspiration from the similar pioneering scheme implemented by the Government of Gujarat. This scheme will enable to initiate much awaited reforms in the rural areas. It focuses on feeder separation (rural households and agricultural) and strengthening of sub-transmission & distribution infrastructure including metering at all levels in rural areas.
This will help in providing round the clock power to rural households and adequate power to agricultural consumers .The earlier scheme for rural electrification viz. Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana (RGGVY) has been subsumed in the new scheme as its rural electrification component.
The major components of the scheme are feeder separation; strengthening of sub-transmission and distribution network; Metering at all levels (input points, feeders and distribution transformers); Micro grid and off grid distribution network & Rural electrification- already sanctioned projects under RGGVY to be completed.
The Scheme has an outlay of Rs 76000 crore for implementation of the projects under which Government of India shall provide Grant of Rs 63000 crore. A total of Rs 14680 crore worth projects have already been approved out of which projects amounting to Rs 5827 crore have been approved for Bihar state.
Under this scheme, an Agriculture intensive state like Bihar shall benefit from works of feeder separation. Thousands of kilometres of new lines shall be laid and hundreds of new substations have been planned. The implementation of this scheme shall ensure the improvement in agricultural productivity and electrification of all the households.
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY)- An Over view:
- Background: The rural agricultural and non-Agriculture consumers (domestic and non-domestic load) of the country are generally serviced through the local distribution network. Many rural areas of the country face insufficient electricity supply, consequently, the distribution utilities are forced to resort to load shedding, thus affecting the power supply to both Agriculture and non-Agriculture consumers.
The demand of power in rural areas is increasing day by day due to changing consumer base, improving living standards for which augmentation of rural infrastructure needs to be regularly undertaken
The investment in the distribution network is low due to the bad financial health of the distribution companies. Therefore in order to augment the reliability and quality of supply distribution network needs to be strengthened. To improve the commercial viability of power distribution, there is a need for metering of all categories of the consumers
- DeenDayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY)
Keeping in view the above problems, Ministry of Power, Government of India has launched Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana for rural areas having the following objectives:
i) To provide electrification to all villages
ii) Feeder separation to ensure sufficient power to farmers and regular supply to other consumers
iii) Improvement of Sub-transmission and distribution network to improve the quality and reliability of the supply
iv) Metering to reduce the losses
- Financial provisions: Scheme has an outlay of Rs 76000 Cr for implementation of the projects under which Government of India shall provide Grant of Rs 63000 Cr
A total of Rs 14680 Cr worth projects have already been approved out of which projects amounting to Rs 5827 Crs have been approved for Bihar state. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Scheme
- Benefits from the scheme
- All villages and households shall be electrified
- Increase in agriculture yield
- Business of Small and household enterprises shall grow resulting into new avenues for employment
- Improvement in Health, Education, Banking (ATM) services
- Improvement in accessibility to radio, telephone, television, internet and mobile etc
- Betterment in social security due to availability of electricity
- Accessibility of electricity to schools, panchayats, hospitals and police stations etc
- Rural areas shall get increased opportunities for comprehensive development
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details