Kala Utsav is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) to promote arts in education by nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the secondary stage in the country. As an effort to mainstream students with special needs (differently-abled and from diverse socio-economic backgrounds) and celebrating their abilities, Kala Utsav is envisaged as a fully integrated platform. The Govt. Of India to promote Arts in Education nurturing and Showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the Secondary Stage in the country
Divisional and District Level Kala Utsav Competitions-2020
State Level Kala Utsav Competitions-2020
National Level Kala Utsav Competitions-2020
It would provide an opportunity and favourable environment to nurture and showcase their talents and help in making learning more concrete, creative and joyful. Kala Utsav will be a pioneering celebration of art forms in the school system and shall continue as an ongoing programme. The district/ state/national-level utsav is structured as an art festival which will include performances and display of exhibits along with their online art projects (e-project).
The design of Kala Utsav will help students explore, understand and showcase living art traditions. Through Kala Utsav, students will get the opportunity to understand and celebrate cultural diversity at school, district, state and national levels. The Kala Utsav will not only spread awareness among students, but also create awareness of India’s cultural heritage and its vibrant diversity amongst other stakeholders. Further, this will help to promote the networking of artists, artisans and institutions with schools.
Kala Utsav is a pioneering celebration of art forms in the school system and continues as ongoing programme. This programme will enhance the life skills of the participants and prepare them as ambassadors of our culture. Kala Utsav provides opportunity to express hidden talents of the students from disadvantaged groups and student with special needs. As per the instructions of the Director of School Education &Ex-officio RMSA, TS, Hyderabad has conducted the “KALA UTSAV” district level competitions to promote arts in education by nurturing and show casing the artistic talent of Secondary stage students.
District Level Kala Utsav Competitions-2020:
The focus of Kala Utsav-2020 will be on any one of the styles of traditional, classical, folk or contemporary art forms. The following art forms will be included for competitions:
• Vocal Music
• Instrumental Music
కళా ఉత్సవ్ కార్యక్రమంలో భాగంగా జిల్లాలోని సమస్త యాజమాన్యాల ఉన్నత పాఠశాలల/కళాశాలల 9, 10, 11, 12 తరగతుల బాలబాలికలకు ప్రత్యేకంగా ఈనెల September 26, 27 తేదీలలో ఈ క్రింది అంశాలలో పోటీలు నిర్వహించబడును. కావున పాఠశాల / కళాశాల స్థాయి విజేతలను ఒక అంశానికి సంబంధించి ఒక బాలుడు, ఒక బాలికను ఈ పోటీలకు పంపవలదినదిగా DEO కోరారు.
1. గాత్ర సంగీతం (సోలో)
2. వాయిద్య సంగీతం (సోలో)
4. పెయింటింగ్ (సింగిల్ పార్టీసిపెంట్)
జిల్లా స్థాయిలో గెలుపొందిన విజేతలను రాష్ట్ర, జాతీయ స్థాయి వరకు పాల్గొనే అవకాశం ఉందన్నారు.
State level Kala Utsav competitions-2020:
State level Kala Utsav competitions will be conducted in Hyderabad. In view of this, they are requested to send all the students who got 1st place in all the 4 competitions to the state level Kala Utsav competitions to be held in November-2020 at Godavari Auditorium, SSA, Telangana, Hyderabad along with concerned school teacher.
Further they are requested to send the children along with the following information for proper documentation to online the project. To prepare the online project they are requested to go through exemplary online project videos one on music and another on visual arts on Kala Utsav you-tube channel i.e, i.e, http://youtu.be/pKvheKivavhU. History & Origin of the art form http://youtube/cuwmE 16Bh8Q and another.
- The communities who participate in it.
- Its present status.
- The occations when the particular art form is practiced
- Photographs, slide shows, video and audio clips, sound tracks.
- Script, Write-up.
- Interview with artists/artisans and with the community.
- Process of the art project.
- Reference of related publications. & self interviews etc.
- The length of the project should be minimum 5 minutes and maximum 10 minutes.
All Art Forms in Kala Utsav-2020 should reflect Traditional Art Forms of India.
Areas of Art forms in Kala Utsav-2020.
4. Visual Arts (Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Crafts)
5. Online Art projects (History, Documenting the facts, Documenting the process of practicing living traditions, write-up.
Teams of students from classes IX to XII studying in all managements including Junior Colleges.
Levels & Time Schedule:
Kala Utsav-2020 will be conducted at three levels.
1. Divisional Level Competitions:
2. District Level Competitions:
3. State Level Competitions:
4. Uploading of Online Art Projects: … on youtube.
5. National Level Competitions in the month of December.
A team can be formed selecting students from class IX and XII to perform their selected art from. Visual Art team contains 4-6 students. Music team contains 6-10 students. Dance team contains 8-10 students and Theatre team should have 8-12 students.
Awards at National Level:
Selected district teams will participate at State level. State level selected teams will showcase their talent at National Level. Kala Utsav 2018 awards will be declared by NCERT. Entry proforma for submitting Kala Utsav 2018 and other details will be communicated later.
- District Educational Officer constitute a committee consisting of DIET Principal, One faculty from DIET, One Dy.EO., one MEO, one School Complex HM, Representatives from local cultural organizations / Bala Bhavan. DEO is the Chairperson of this committee.
- Keep informing all the activities of Kala Utsav-2020 to the District Collector concerned.
- DEO has to circulate Kala Utsav-2019 agenda and calendar of activities to all schools under all managements and Junior Colleges in their districts.
- All the students studying class IX to XII in all schools under all managements.
- Conduct Divisional Level Competitions as per the schedule.
- Dy.EO., is the responsible person to conduct Divisional Level Competitions.
- Conduct District Level Competitions:…..
- A consolidated amount for expenditure regarding the conduct of Divisional and District level will be released from the RMSA.
- Give vide publicity in print and electronic media about the Kala Utsav-2020 activities.
- For every area of arts, there will be a separate jury consisting of three experts.
- The Jury members will be drawn from educators/practitioners/scholars of the respective art forms.
- Obtain evaluation forms from the Jury members and preserve them.
- In every Jury (Theatre, Dance, Music and Visual Arts) it is advisable to have one expert having experience of working with Children With Special Needs (CWSN).
- Members of the Jury will remain same for all the days of the event.
- The Jury will view all art project entries in their respective art forms, one day before the actual final competitions. The evaluation of e-projects by the Jury shall be included in the performance marks
All the DEOs are competent authority to conduct Divisional and District level Kala Utsav-2020 competitions. District Level First prize winners in each theme has to be participate in State Level competition and after State Level competition first prize winners will be sent to the National Level Competition which will be held at New Delhi. The themes, scheduled of activities and Guidelines are released by the School Education Department
The Government of India Ministry of Human Resource Development going to conduct an, innovative programme Kala Utsav-2020 to promote Arts in Education by nurturing and showcasing the aesthetic and artistic talent of school students at the secondary school stage in the country.
Ministry of Human Resource Development instructed to conduct Kala Utsav-2020 competitions in different Art forms i.e., Music, Dance, Theatre, Visual Arts (Drawing, Painting, Sculpture, Crafts). All the Art forms should reflect traditional Art forms of our State. Students from class IX to XII studying in all managements including Jr. Colleges are eligible to participate in Kala Utsav-2020 competitions. The participating teams should submit Online project in the prescribed format.
The theme for Kal Utsav this year will be intimated as and when the GOI announces. All Art Forms in Kala Utsav-2020 should reflect Traditional Art Forms of India.
Areas of Art for Kala Utsav:
4. Visual Arts (Drawing, Painting , Sculpture, Craft)
Teams for Kala Utsav:
1. Music 6-10 Students
2. Dance 8-10 students
3. Theatre 8-12 students
4. Visual Arts 4-6 students
Awards at National Level Kala Utsav:
1. First Prize Rs. 1,25,000/- each
2. Second Prize Rs. 75,000/- each
3. Third Prize Rs. 50,000/- each
Eligibility for Kala Utsav:
Teams of students from classes 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th of any Govt and Aided schools / collages.
Visual Arts Visual Arts State shall select the best teams for participating at the National Level and GoI had suggested as follows :
A. District : This is first level of Kala Utsav, where all schools can send their entries.(If appropriate and convenient, the State may opt to have Kala Utsav at block or tehsil level).
B. State : Selected teams from District level will participating at this level.
C. National : This is the final and culminating level of Kala Utsav where best of the State/ UT entries will showcase their talent
e- Proforma for submitting entries:
State level coordinators of Kala Utsav (Through e-mail)….
Last date of Project form:
Keeping the Kala Utsav dates in view, the teams which are going to participate at State Level for National Level Kala Utsav ………….
Kala Utsav at the National Level:
1. National Level Kala Utsav shall be organized in December at National Bal Bhavan, New Delhi .
2. The national level Awards function ..
3. The celebration of arts (with award winning entries at National Level in the Central Park (Connaught Place) shall be organized on ..
Special role of the State secretary (Education):
All the four entries the State / UT shall be seen and approved by the State / UT secretary before they are submitted for the National Level.
1. Provide information regarding number of participants and teachers who will attend national level Kala Utsav from our State.
2. NCERT shall arrange accommodation.
3. Booking of tickets should be done well in advanced T.A of students and teachers/ shall be reimbursed by NCERTKalaUtsav.inKala Ustav Competitions Guidelines