Constitution Day Celebrations and Quiz Competitions 2020 should be conducted in AP, TS Schools. So, Quiz Competitions would be conducted on 26th November on the occasion of Constitution Day. In this regarding, Govt of India has given instructions for the conduct of Constitution Day Celebrations 2020 on 26th November in all Andhra Pradesh & Telangana State Schools.
In this connection, Director of School Education has also given instructions for Celebrate the Constitution Day on 26th November in all Telangana Schools. So, All the DEOs in Telangana State will issue certain instructions on this subject to all HMs of all TS Schools of all managements and subsequent activities culminating in Dr Ambedkar Jayanthi on 14 .04.2020 and instructions have been issued
CSE Telangana has instructed to all the District Educational Officers in the State to Celebrate of Constitution Day on 26th November by conducting Pledge taking ceremony to mark the Occasion, Special Assembly shall be organised in all schools where
- Pledge, Preamble, Fundamental Duties shall be read out,
- Fundamental Duties has to be painted on the walls of Buildings;
- Essay competitions,
- Cultural programmes,
- Quiz Competitions,
- Seminars and Lectures etc. activities Shall be conducted and organise subsequent activities culminating in Dr Ambedkar Jayanthi on 14th April and furnish action taken report every month to this office in the format enclosed, so as to submit the same to MHRD, Department of School Education & Literacy, New Delhi
I, as a citizen of India, affirm my faith in the universal principal of civilized society, namely that every dispute between citizens, or group, institutions or organisations of citizens, should be settled by peaceful means; and, in view of the growing danger to the integrity and unity of the country, I hereby pledge myself never to resort to physical violence. In the case of any dispute, whether in my neighbourhood or in any other part of India.
- Abide by the Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem.
- Cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom.
- Uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity, and integrity of India.
- Defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so.
- Promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood among all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional or sectional diversities; to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women.
- Value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture.
- Protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, and wildlife, and to have compassion for living creatures.
- Develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform.
- Safeguard public property and to abjure violence;
- Strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavour and achievement.
- Every Indian Parent or Guardian must ensure that their child or ward was provided opportunities for education between the ages of 6 and 14 years.
Celebration of ‘Constitution Day’ – Reading aloud the Preamble in all Schools. Copies of the Preamble of the Constitution of India translated into 16 different languages for the purpose mentioned in the subject. The Government has notified 26th November as ‘Constitution Day’. It was celebrated for the first time in 2015. as part of the 125th-anniversary events of Or. B.R. Ambedkar.
- You would appreciate that this day holds immense significance in our nation’s history and it set the path for the evolution of our nation as a vibrant democracy. In view of this, it is advised that the Preamble to the Constitution (as it exists today) be read aloud in all Schools. This will sensitise our children towards the basic features enshrined in our Constitution.
- The ‘Preamble’ may be read on any day. A copy of the Preamble in English and Hindi, as received from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is enclosed for kind reference.
- National Constitution Day Quiz for School Students
- National Constitution Day Quiz for Teacher/Teacher-Educator
No.17-55/2017-EE.1: Government of India – Ministry of Human Resource Development – Department of School Education and Literacy, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi has given instructions to all States and UTs on the subject of Celebration of ‘Constitution Day’ on 26th November. The Government has notified 26th November as ‘Constitution Day’. It was celebrated for the first time in 2015, as part of the 125th anniversary events of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
You would appreciate that .this day holds immense significance in our nation’s history and it set the path for the evolution of our nation as a vibrant democracy. In view of this, it is advised that the Preamble to the Constitution (as it exists today) be read aloud in_all Schools. This will sensitise our children towards the basic features enshrined our constitution.
The Preamble – The Preamble is like an introduction or preface of a book.
THE CONSTITUTION OF INDIA – PREAMBLE
WE, THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, having solemnly resolved to constitute India into a SOVEREIGN SOCIALIST SECULAR
DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC and to secure to all its citizens:
JUSTICE, social, economic and political;
LIBERTY of thought, expression, belief, faith and worship;
EQUALITY of status and of opportunity;
and to promote among them all
FRATERNITY assuring the dignity of the individual and the
unity and integrity of the Nation;
IN OUR CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY this twenty-sixth day of
November, 1949, do HEREBY ADOPT, ENACT AND GIVE TO
OURSELVES THIS CONSTITUTION.
Celebration of Constitution Day – National Quiz Competitions
It has been decided that. as pan of the celebration of Constitution Day on 26th November. a Quiz Competition among the school students on the Constitution of India may be organized by schools throughout the country. The Competition may be held in schools on 26th November. The Competition would be held in two groups. viz. one comprising the students from Classes VI to VIII and another from Classes IX to XII. Two sets of Question Papers have. therefore, been developed for this purpose. The Competition may be a paper-pencil test or group test. The procedure to conduct the quiz is explained hereunder:
i) Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE) has developed a web portal for this-purpose having the following features:
a) Registration of schools
b) Downloading the Quiz documents and Answer Keys
c) Uploading the Winners’ names
ii) There will be a link available on the Ministry of Human Resource Development’s website (mhrd.gov.in). namely. ‘Constitution Day Quiz Competition’. which will be operational from 9.00 AM on 26th November. iii) Schools affiliated with CBSE will log in using their existing credentials (user ID and Password) as already by CBSE, Non-CBSE schools Will be given the facility to register themselves for creating credentials (user ID and Password) after which they will also be able to log in here log in. schools will be able to download Quiz Documents and Answer Keys.
iv) Schools will take, the printout of quiz document and conduct the quiz orally or through pen and paper. if the quiz is to be conducted in written (Quiz duration 2 hours)
v) Students will mark their answer option on the quiz document against each question. The school will evaluate the answers marked by the students against the downloaded answer key.
vi) the scoring will be done by the school according to the answer key and 3 top scorers from each group, i.e., class VI-VIII and class IX-XII will be shortlisted. The school will log in on the portal and update/upload the top three scorer winners data from each group.
It is requested that suitable instructions may immediately be issued to the Principals of all the schools falling under your respective jurisdiction to organize the Quiz Competition on the Constitution of India amongst the students of their schools by following the aforesaid procedure.
This issues with the approval of Secretary (HE and SE8.1.). Constitution Day Celebrations 2020 on 26th November. As you may be aware, the Government of India has decided to celebrate 26th November, each year as ‘Constitution Day’. I request you to encourage schools in your State/UT to celebrate this day in a befitting manner.
It is suggested that all schools may take up various activities to commemorate the day. These activities may include, among others, reading of the Preamble to the Constitution; reading of the fundamental duties as enshrined in Article 51 A of the Constitutions and activities such as debates, speeches, essays and quiz competitions on the Constitutions of India.
3.I would also like to point out that, this year, the ‘Constitution Day’ would fall on a Saturday. The celebrations and activities indicated above could be carried out in educational institutions on the 25th November, in case of 26th November is observed as a holiday in your State.
It is, therefore, requested that you may sensitise all school children in your State to the significance of the occasion and actively conduct suitable activities on this day. A report on the same may be shared with us along with photographs and multi-media documentation of the observance.
Constitution Day Celebrations 2020 on 26th November in all AP & TS Schools
All the District Educational Officers in the State & Regional Joint Director of School Education, Hyderabad & Warangal are requested to take necessary action in the matter. AP SCERT (State Council of Educational Research and Training) Director has given instructions for Celebrate the first Constitution Day on 26th November in all AP Schools and all DEOs in AP will issue certain instructions on this subject to all HMs of all AP Schools of all managements.
All the District Educational Officers in the State are informed that, in the ref. read above the Joint Secretary (SE.I), Dept. of School Education & Literacy, MHRD, GOI, New Delhi has informed that, Govt. of India has decided that all the schools throughout the country may conduct the following activities to celebrate the first “Constitution Day on 26th November wide participation of students and teachers.
Activities should be conducted in Schools:
1) Preamble to the Constitution as it exists on date) may be read out in the school assembly on 26th November by all students.
2) One period may be devoted on 26th November for a talk on the salient features of the Constitution of India and its making, by a guest speaker or one of the teachers.
3) Essay competitions and games may be organised on the theme of the Constitution.
They are therefore requested to issue necessary instructions to all Headmasters of schools of all managements in their jurisdiction to conduct the above activities and celebrate the Constitution Day on 26th November, with wide participation of students and teacher and submit a consolidated report by 10th December in this regard.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details