Duties and Responsibilities of Teachers RTE Act 2009: Instructions to H.M. and Teachers: Duties and responsibilities of Teachers RTE Act – 2009
A. Chapter – 2, Section – 4 says that if a child of 6 years doesn’t enroll in any school; if he/she doesn’t finish elementary education then the child should be given admission into the class according to his age. In order to mainstream those children, there is a need for special training to them. It should be time-specific.
B. Section 16 declares that no student admitted into the school should be retained in the same class or removed from school till he completes the elementary education.
C. Section 23 declares that only those candidates who have the educational qualifications as stipulated by the NCTE are eligible for becoming teachers.
D. Section 24 declares that teachers should come to school in time. They should complete the syllabus in time and should assess the standards of the pupils in learning and conduct remedial classes if needed.
E. Section 29 instructs the teachers to complete the educational planning according to the instructions of the section. The academic authority while laying down the curriculum and the evaluation procedure under subsection (1), shall take into consideration, the following namely :
- conformity with the values enshrined in the constitution.
- all-round development of the child.
- building up a child’s knowledge, potentiality, and talent.
- development of physical and mental abilities to the fullest extent.
- learning through activities, discovery, and exploration in a child – friendly and child-centered manner;
- the medium of instructions shall, as per as practicable in a child’s mother tongue;
- making the child free of fear, trauma, and anxiety and helping the child to express views freely;
- comprehensive and continuous evaluation of the child’s understanding of knowledge and his or her ability to apply the same.
- The teacher should take up classroom transactions based on the plan he/ she prepared and TLM developed in order to achieve the targeted academic standards.
- Further under sub-section (1), (2) & (3) of section 24 of the Act “Duties of Teachers” envisages that :
(a) maintain regularity and punctuality in attending school:
(b) conduct and complete the curriculum in accordance with the provisions of sub-section ( 2 ) of section 29;
(c) the complete entire curriculum within the specified time;
(d) assess the learning ability of each child and accordingly supplement additional instructions, if any, as required;
(e) hold regular meetings with parents and guardians and apprise them about the regularity in attendance, ability to learn, progress made in learning and any other relevant information about the child; and
(f) perform such other duties as may be prescribed.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details