G.O.Ms.No. 178; Dated:17.05.2010; Government of Andhra Pradesh, Finance Department – PENSIONS – Training period of employees – Reckoning the period as qualifying service for the purpose of pension – Orders – Issued.
- G.O. (P) No.88 Finance & Plg. (FW.Pen.I) Dept., dated: 26.03.1980.
- G.O.Ms.No.438 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated.07.07.2008.
- G.O.Ms.No.598 G.A. (Spl.A) Dept., dated. 26.11.2009.
In the Government Order 2nd read above, orders were issued constituting Ninth Pay Revision Commission and Government appointed Sri C.S.Rao, IAS., (Retd) as Pay Revision Commissioner. In the Government Order 2nd read above, the terms of reference of the Pay Revision Commissioner were laid down.
- The Ninth Pay Revision Commission submitted its report to the Government on 05.12.2009 and recommended, inter alia, as follows in respect of pensionary benefits:
(i) The training period of Police constables, the apprentice period of teachers and any other section of the employees for whom training or apprenticeship is a pre-requisite be reckoned as qualifying service for purpose of pension.
- After careful consideration, Government decided to accept the above recommendation of the Pay Revision Commission and the Government hereby order that, in respect of the employees who retired/ retire on or after 1.7.2008, the service put in by him/her from the date of joining should be taken into account for reckoning qualifying service for purpose of pensionery benefits irrespective of the fact whether he/ she was paid salary or stipend for the period of training/ apprenticeship, if any, if such period of training/ apprenticeship is a pre- requisite for appointment, provided that he/she was appointed by the competent appointing authority after following the rules of recruitment to the post.
- Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in an Extraordinary issue of the Andhra Pradesh Gazettee.
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and of all the powers hereunto enabling the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following amendment to the Andhra Pradesh Revised Pension Rules, 1980 issued in G.O.(P) No.88 Finance & Planning (Fw.Pen.I) Department dated 26.03.1980, as subsequently amended from time to time.
In the said rules, to rule 16, the following proviso shall be added, namely:
“Provided that in respect of the employees who retired/ retire on or after 1.7.2008, the training period of the employees for whom training or apprenticeship is a prerequisite shall be reckoned as qualifying service for purpose of pensionery benefits irrespective of the fact whether he/ she was paid salary or stipend for the period of training/ apprenticeship, if any, if such period of training/ apprenticeship is a pre-requisite for appointment.”
Download the GO Copy from here
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details