Guidelines for conducting Bonalu Festival: GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA, REVENUE (ENDOWMENTS.II) DEPARTMENT; Revenue (Endowments) Department – Bonalu Festival, 2023 – Constitution of Committee on Bonalu Festival, 2023 – Guidelines for conducting Bonalu Festival 2015, in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy Districts, Telangana State from 01 Aug to 10 Aug – Orders -Issued.
Government Memo No.221/L&O/A2/2015-17, dt.20.07.2015.
In the reference read above, Government constituted a Committee under the Chairmanship of Sri Naini Narsimha Reddy, Hon’ble Minister for Home, Prisons, Fire Services, Sainik Welfare, Labour & Employment for “Bonalu Festival, 2023” to Plan and Oversee all arrangements in Hyderabad and Ranga Reddy Districts in grand scale from 01 Aug to 10 Aug.
- The above committee has convened a meeting on 20.07.2015 with the public representatives and the representatives of Ummadi Devalayala Committee and after detailed discussion, recommended that an amount of Rs.105.00 Lakhs may be released to the department of Culture for organisation of culture programmes and special illumination and an amount of Rs.395.00 Lakhs be released as grant-in-aid to identified temples in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad (G.H.M.C area) for the purpose of Bonalu Festival.
- The committee has also recommended the modalities for utilisation and release of the grant-in-aid to identified temples.
- After careful examination of the matter, Government hereby decide to implement the recommendations of the Committee and sanction an amount of Rs.395.00 Lakhs towards release of grant-in-aid to identified temples in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad (G.H.M.C.area) as per the following guidelines in relaxation of the usual procedure.
A. The above grant-in-aid shall be utilised for flooring, colouring/white washing, construction of compound walls, minor repairs, water connection, illumination and other related works in such identified temples.
B. A Joint Committee comprising Joint Collector, Hyderabad/Ranga Reddy, as the case may be, Revenue Divisional Officer concerned, Deputy Commissioner, Endowments, Hyderabad (Convenor) and Assistant Commissioner, Endowments (Hyderabad/Secunderabad/ R.R. District) will scrutinize the requests received from the temple committees and submit the same to the Chairman of the Committee constituted vide Government Memo No.221/L&O/A2/2015-17, General Administration (L&O) Department Dated: 20.07.2015 for approval.
C. The grant-in-aid will be released to the District Collector concerned and shall in turn be released and credited to the bank accounts of the identified temples/temple committees as approved above.
D. This process shall be completed by 31.07.2015.
E. The temple committee shall be responsible for utilisation of the grant-in-aid for the purpose for which it is given and submission of Utilisation Certificate along with Vouchers/Bills and also pre and post work photographs to the Deputy Executive Engineer and Asst. Commissioner, Endowments concerned, who shall verify the works and utilisation of the grant-in-aid and submit a consolidated report tothe Deputy Commissioner, Hyderabad. Appropriate action may be taken in cases where the grant-in-aid is not properly utilised or accounted for.
- The Commissioner of Endowments Department, Hyderabad/ Commissioner, GHMC, Hyderabad, Collector, Hyderabad, and Ranga Reddy District are requested to take necessary action in the matter.
- Download the GO.339 Bonal Festival 2015 Guidelines from here