GO.52 – Recommendation of the Ninth Pay Revision Commission: GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICES – Revision of Pay Scales – Recommendation of the Ninth Pay Revision Commission – Orders – Issued. FINANCE (PC.I) DEPARTMENT-G.O.Ms.No.52 Dated: 25-02-2010
Read the following:-
1.G.O.Ms.No.438 General Administration (Special-A) Department dated:07.07.2008.
2.G.O.Ms.No.303 Finance (PC.I) Department dated:15.10.2008.
3.G.O.Ms.No.372 Finance (PC.I) Department dated:13.11.2008.
4.G.O.Ms.No.483 General Administration (Special-A) Department dated:12.10.2009.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued constituting Pay Revision Commission appointing Sri C.S.Rao, I.A.S. (Retd) as Pay Revision Commissioner laying down the terms of reference of the Commission. Subsequently additional terms of references were made vide G.O fourth read above.
2. The Pay Revision Commission submitted its Report to Government on 05.12.2009 and recommended, interalia, the following on the Revised Pay Scales and fixation of pay in the Revised Pay Scales:
(a) to continue the concept of Master Scale;
(b) to merge the Dearness Allowance as on 01.07.2008 i.e., 42.390% sanctioned in the Government order third read above.
(c) a revised master scale of Rs.6700-200-7300-220-7960-240-8680-260- 9460-280-10300-300-11200-330-12190-360-13270-390-14440-420- 15700-450-17050-490-18520-530-20110-570-21820-610-23650-650- 25600-700-27700-750-29950-800-32350-850-34900-900-37600-970- 40510-1040-43630-1110-46960-1200-51760-1300-55660 (80)
(d) to continue the existing 32 grades which are segments of the Revised Master Scale.
(e) a fitment benefit of 27% for fixing the pay in the revised pay scales.
(f) to sanction three stagnation increments beyond the time scale in all grades in the event of stagnation.
(g) to make provision for advancement of date of increment of the senior to that of the junior subject to the satisfaction of the conditions indicated earlier.
(h) the revised pay scales should come into force from 1.7.2008 and as regards giving monetary benefit, the Commission left to the Government the date from which it would come into effect keeping in view its resource position and the demands on those resources.
(i) In respect of employees who were drawing less pay than their juniors as on 01.07.2008, the pay should be stepped up and brought on par with juniors subject to fulfillment of conditions laid down in G.O.Ms.No.297 Finance and Planning (FW:PRC.I) Department dated: 25.10.1983 as subsequently reiterated in G.O (P).No. 75, Finance and Planning (FW PC II) Department dated 22.02.1994 and G.O. (P) No. 223, Finance and Planning (FW PC II) Department dated 10.9.1996 and then only their pay should be fixed in the Revised Pay Scales.
3. Government held discussions with the Chairman and Members of the Joint Action Committee of Employees, Teachers and Workers of Andhra Pradesh, and the Chairman and Members of A.P. Secretariat Employees Co-ordination Committee. It was agreed that:
(i) A fitment benefit of 39% would be given for fixing the pay in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010 as against the fitment benefit of 27% recommended by the Ninth Pay Revision Commission.
(ii) The Revised Pay Scales will be implemented notionally from 01.07.2008 with monetary benefit from 01.02.2010.
(iii) The arrears for the month of February, 2010 will be credited into the GPF accounts of the employees.
(iv) The benefit of the Revised Pay Scales 2010 will be paid in cash for the salary of March, 2010 payable in April, 2010.
(v) The other demands of the Joint Action Committee of Employees, Teachers and Workers, Andhra Pradesh and the Andhra Pradesh Secretariat Employees Co-ordination Committee will be placed before the Group of Ministers constituted vide G.O.Rt.No.119 G.A.(Cabinet) Department dated: 09.01.2010.
(vi) With regard to State Level Enterprises and Co-operatives, the same procedure as was done with the last PRC will be followed.
4. Government, in pursuance of the above agreement decided to implement the recommendations of the Ninth Pay Revision Commission indicated in Para (2) above with the modifications as indicated in para (3) above and accordingly order the following on the Revised Pay Scales and fixation in the Revised Pay Scales:
5. (i) The Revised Master scale shall be Rs.6700-200-7300-220-7960-240- 8680-260-9460-280-10300-300-11200-330-12190-360-13270-390- 14440-420-15700-450-17050-490-18520-530-20110-570-21820-610- 23650-650-25600-700-27700-750-29950-800-32350-850-34900-900- 37600-970-40510-1040-43630-1110-46960-1200-51760-1300-55660(80).
(ii) The existing 32 Grades shall continue and they are segments in the Revised Master Scale.
(iii) The revised Scales of Pay shall be as set out in Schedule-I to the Notification appended to this order against each of the corresponding existing pay scales specified therein. These scales shall be common to all the employees in various categories except where specified otherwise in the Departmental pay schedule (Schedule-II) appended to the Notification. Holders of posts not included in Schedule-II will be governed by the revised pay scales corresponding to the present scales as shown in the Schedule-I.
(iv) The requests for any further revision of pay scales for the categories already included in the Schedule-II shall not be entertained in any case.
6. (i) The Revised Pay Scales, 2010 shall be deemed to have come into force on and from 01.07.2008. The monetary benefit shall be allowed from 01.02.2010.
(ii) The arrears of Salary in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010 for the month of February, 2010 shall be credited to the General Provident Fund Account of the employees. In respect of those employees who do not have General Provident Fund Accounts, the arrears shall be credited to the Compulsory Saving Fund.
(iii) The Salary in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010 will be paid in cash from the month of March, 2010, payable in April, 2010.
(iv) Interim relief paid from 01.11.2008 to 31.01.2010 shall not be recovered. Interim Relief paid for the period beyond 01.02.2010 will be adjusted from the monetary benefit payable on account of implementation of Revised Pay Scales.
7. The Pay of the employee in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010 shall be fixed with effect from 01.07.2008 or any other subsequent date in accordance with the option exercised as per the rules in the appended Notification. The Rules for exercise of option and fixation of pay in the Revised Pay Scales are notified in the Notification appended to this order.
8. The Revised Pay Scales shall apply to –
(a) all employees of the State Government;
(b) the employees of the Local Bodies and Aided Institutions including Aided Polytechnics, who are in receipt of pay in a regular pay scale in the Revised Pay Scales of 2005; and
(c) the Work-charged establishment in receipt of pay in a regular pay scale in the Revised Pay Scales of 2005.
9. (a) Wherever statutory Notifications are required to be issued for applying these orders to the employees other than Government employees, the Administrative Departments of the Secretariat concerned shall issue such Notifications;
(b) Separate orders will be issued in regard to Officers and Staff of the High Court of the Judicature, Andhra Pradesh.
10. (a) The Revised Pay Scales, 2010 will not apply to the teaching and other staff in Government Colleges, including Medical Colleges, Government Aided Private Colleges who are drawing pay in the A.P. Revised UGC/ICAR/AICTE Pay Scales.
(b) The Revised Pay Scales, 2010 will also not apply to the officers of the A.P. Higher Judicial Service and A.P. State Judicial Service who are governed by the First National Judicial Pay Commission.
11. (a) The Revised Pay Scales, 2010 will not apply to the persons who were reemployed before 1st July, 2008 and are continuing on re-employment beyond that date.
(b) The Revised Pay Scales, 2010 will not apply to the employees of Industrial and Commercial undertakings of the Government, Contingent Establishment both full time and part time and employees who are engaged on contract and or on out sourcing basis.
12. In respect of employees of Public Sector Undertakings and Cooperative Societies, the same procedure as was done with last Pay Revision Commission shall be followed.
13. In respect of employees who are already enjoying the benefits of Automatic Advancement Scheme, the Pay shall be fixed in the corresponding revised scales of Automatic Advancement grades in accordance with these instructions.
14. All Government employees who are required to exercise their option in terms of these orders are requested to keep in view the implications of such orders of Government revising House Rent Allowance, Additional House Rent Allowance and Gratuity.
15. In case of employees who opt to continue in the existing pay scales, the Interim Relief will cease to be paid with effect from 01.02.2010.
16. The Interim Relief shall not be included as pay for the purpose of fixation in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010.
17. The above orders are issued in so far as the recommendations relating to the scales of pay, pay fixation and other related matters are concerned. Orders are being issued separately covering the other recommendations of the Pay Revision Commission regarding Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Additional House Rent Allowance in lieu of rent free quarters, City Compensatory Allowance and other Allowances, Special Pays, Automatic Advancement Scheme, Pension, terminal benefits and related matters.
18. All Drawing Officers shall take immediate action for fixing the pay of all Gazetted and Non-Gazetted Officers whose pay and allowances are drawn by Heads of Offices in their substantive as well as officiating posts. In the case of Heads of Departments, the pay shall be fixed by the Pay and Accounts Officer, Hyderabad under intimation to the administrative department of the Secretariat concerned.
19. Government also hereby order that all the employees falling under Grade-I to Grade – XXXII are entitled for three stagnation increments beyond the time scale in the Revised Pay Scales, 2010. These stagnation increments shall be treated as increments for all purposes such as fixation of pay on promotion / Automatic Advancement Scheme, Pensions etc.