GOI Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2022 or Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2022 at AICTE for Degree, Diploma Courses & Technical Education. Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls To provide encouragement and support to Girl Child to pursue technical education “Pragati Scholarship” has been launched by the Government from the year 2014-15.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is inviting applications under Pragati Scholarship Scheme from Girl students pursuing Diploma, Degree, Technical Education in AICTE approved technical institutions for the academic year. Scholarship Alert -AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2021-22. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) would be invited online applications through National Scholarship Portal for AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2021-22 from girl students studying in the first year of a technical diploma/degree (2021-22 batch) at an AICTE approved institution.
The students who are already availing this scholarship can also apply for renewal of the same. The scholarship scheme aims to empower young girls with knowledge, skills and self-confidence so that they could contribute to the development process.
The scholarship is open for girl students who are pursuing a technical degree or diploma course in the first year or second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2 or equivalent examination. Students must have a family income of less than Rs.8 lakh per annum. Up to two girls per family are eligible for this scholarship. Prizes & Rewards: Up to Rs.50,000 per annum and other benefits.
Pragati Scholarship Scheme
AICTE Pragati, Saksham Scholarship Schemes: All India Council for Technical Education has extended the last date to apply for its Pragati and Saksham scholarship schemes till 15-01-2022. “Scholarship For Girls Under Pragati Scheme And Scholarship For Differently Abled Students Under Saksham For 2018-2019 Implemented By All India Council For Technical Education, New Delhi”.
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girl Students (Degree & Diploma)
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme For Girls (Diploma) For Technical Education
- Fresh Application: https://scholarships.gov.in and
- Renewal Application: https://aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in
Pragati Scholarship for Girls 2022 Details
|Name of the Scholarship||Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls|
|Title||GOI Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls 2022 by AICTE for Degree, Diploma Courses & Technical Education|
|Scholarship Level||National Level|
|Full-Form||AICTE Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC) under Pragati|
|Scheme Closing Date||31-10-2022|
AICTE means All India Council for Technical Education, it is an apex body of Government of India. The Statutory body established for proper planning and coordinated development of Technical Education system throughout the country. It believes that “Educating a man is educating a person, educating a woman is educating a family” and Strongly linked with quality education.
Ministry of Human Resource and Development is providing a total of 10000 scholarships i.e. for degree courses and for the diploma under this scheme. It is aimed to empower women by providing them with technical educational assistance.
To empower women through technical education, AICTE is providing assistance for the advancement of girls through AICTE-Scholarship Scheme to Girl Child (SSGC) under Pragati.. In order to be eligible for the scholarship, students need to go through the below-mentioned procedure.
Latest Update: The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has drastically increased the number of scholarships under the ‘Pragati’ scheme to provide financial assistance to gifted poor students studying BTech and Polytechnic. It has been offering scholarships to 2,000 BTech students and another 2,000 Polytechnic students across the country since the 2014-15 academic year.
Rs 50,000 per student per year will be deposited in the bank account. AICTE has decided to increase the number of scholarships from 4,000 to 10,000 this academic year 2020-21. AICTE Pragati Scholarship Scheme: Scheme being implemented by AICTE aimed at providing assistance for Advancement of Girls pursuing Technical Education.
Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skill and self-confidence necessary to participate fully in the development process. This is an attempt to give young Women the opportunity to further her education and prepare for a successful future by “Empowering Women through Technical Education”
Pragati Scholarship Details
|Number of Pragati Scholarships||10,000/-|
|Pragati Scholarship Amount||Rs. 50,000/- per student per annum.|
|Family income||must not be above 8 Lakh|
|Mode of Payment||The awardee will be paid scholarship through DBT mode on annual basis.|
Eligibility for Pragati Scholarship
- Eligibility criteria: The applicant should be admitted to the first year of a degree or diploma course in any of the AICTE approved institutions. Only two girl children per family are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Family income must not be above 8 Lakh p.a. during the preceding financial year. Reservations are also offered to the candidates belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribe, and other backward castes, with 15 per cent, 7.5 per cent, and 27 per cent, respectively.
- The girl candidate should be admitted to first year of Degree/Diploma level course OR Second year of Degree/Diploma course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
- Maximum two Girls Child per family are eligible.
- Family income from all sources is not more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/UT Government need to be enclosed.
Eligibility for Pragati – Degree Level
- Up to Two Girls per family. 2. Family income should be less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per Annum.
- Students Admitted in UG Degree Level Programme/ Course in AICTE Approved Institutions.
- The students admitted in first year of their Degree Course OR Second year of Degree course through lateral entry (LE) in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
- Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for Degree for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for Degree students admitted through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, computer purchase, stationery, books, Equipment, Software’s purchase etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Only female students are eligible.
Eligibility for Pragati – Diploma Level
- Up to Two Girls per family.
- Family income should be less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per Annum.
- Students Admitted in Diploma Level Programme/ Course in AICTE Approved Institutions.
- The students admitted in first year of their Diploma Course OR Second year of Diploma course through lateral entry (LE) in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
- Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 3 years for Diploma for first year admitted students and maximum 2 years for Diploma students admitted through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, computer purchase, stationery, books, Equipment, Software’s purchase etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Only female students are eligible.
Number Of Scholarships:
Number Of Pragati Scholarships: A total of 10000 scholarships (5000 each for Degree and Diploma) are earmarked per annum under this scheme for pursuing first year of Degree/Diploma level course OR Second year of Degree/Diploma course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institutions. The number of scholarships are transferred into each other category (Diploma/Degree) if sufficient number of online applications are not received under one category.
State/Union Territory wise distribution of 10,000 scholarships for degree and diploma courses is as per Annexure A and B. In addition to 10,000 scholarships at point number 2, all eligible girls who submit online scholarship form, from following 13 Union Territories and North Eastern States i.e. Andaman and Nicobar Islands (UT), Jammu and Kashmir (UT), Laddakh (UT), Dadra and Nagar Haveli & Daman and Diu (UT), Lakshadweep (UT), Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura will be given scholarships by AICTE.
|Scholarships||No of Scholarships|
|No of Scholarships in the Degree Course||5000|
|No of Scholarships in Diploma Course||5000|
Amount Of Scholarship:
Rs 50,000 per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 4 years for Degree and 3 years for Diploma for first year admitted students and maximum 3 years for Degree and 2 years for Diploma for second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, computer purchase, stationery, books, Equipment, Software’s purchase etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc. 2) No documentary proof need to be attached for the above while availing benefits. Mode of Payment: After selection, the awardee will be paid scholarship through DBT mode on annual basis.
Selection criteria for Pragati Scholarship:
The selection of the applicant will be made on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination to pursue their technical degree or diploma course from any of the AICTE approved institution.
The selection of candidate will be carried out solely on the basis of merit of qualifying examination to peruse the Technical Degree/ Diploma courses from any of the AICTE approved institutions. i.e. In case of Degree (First & Second year) it is on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2 examinations and for Diploma (First & Second year) it is on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in 10th examinations. State/ UT wise merit list will be prepared as per number of scholarships allotted in the point – Number of scholarships
Methods Of Resolving Ties
- The procedure to be adopted for breaking ties (similar percentiles) shall be as under:
- A. For Degree Course admitted Students:
- Percentage of Marks in 10th Examination: In case 10+2 examination percentile does not break ties, then, higher percentage of marks in 10th examination will be ranked higher.
- Age: In case 10th exam percentile does not break ties, then, Elder age of candidates will be ranked higher.
- B. For Diploma Course admitted Students:
- Age: In case 10th exam percentile does not break ties, then, Elder age of candidates will be ranked higher.
- Annual family income: If above method do not break ties, and then the lower annual family income will settle on in higher ranking for the Scholarships.
- As per Government of India norms.
- If there is any vacant seat in any of the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC), the same will be transferred to the general category.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal by submitting passing certificate/ marksheet along with letter from the Head of Institution in the online portal.
- Student failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- Tuition fee worth INR 50,000 or actual, whichever is less. Rs.2000 p.m. for 10 months as incidental charges.
- Reimbursement worth Rs.50,000 for purchase of software, books, equipment, vehicle, laptop, desktop, etc.
Candidates can apply online by filling the registration form. Eligible students who are already admitted to technical programs/courses in AICTE approved Institutions, in the first year, may make an application in a prescribed format available on the AICTE portal. So, Applicants can apply through online.
The candidate fulfilling the eligibility conditions is required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) after initiation of application process and notice to be published on AICTE website. The host institution where the candidate is studying is required to verify the online application. Department of Technical Education (DTE) of respective State/ UT will verify these applications as second level of scrutiny.
How to apply for Pragati Scholarship?
Girl students who are pursuing Degree, Diploma Courses & Technical Education are aware of the scholarships that are available on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal) and students fulfil the eligibility conditions specified, students can apply for them online. The given steps to be followed for making a successful application on the portal.
- Visit the scholarships.gov.in Website
Students need to visit the official website of the NSP portal, https://scholarships.gov.in in your device browser.
- Click on New User? Register Link
Once you reach the official website, you click on the New User Registration link on the home page. Girl students should read and understood the guidelines for registration. After tick on the radio buttons, you can click on the Click on the Continue button.
- Fill the Fresh Registration Form
After clicking on that link, a Fresh Registration form would be opened. Now, Select the Post Matric / MC/ Top Class for Class 11, 12, UG, PG etc., from the Scholarship Category and Select Scholarship Scheme if you want to apply for Scholarships OR Select Incentive Scheme if you want to apply for any incentive scheme and fill the form with required information and click on the register button.
- Click on Login to Apply Link
After completion of new registration process, student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the provided (registered) mobile number. Now, Girl students who are pursuing Degree, Diploma Courses & Technical Education can click on the Login to Apply link on the home page. Then, Login for Fresh Application web page will appear in your device.
- Enter Login details
In the login web page, student shall login to NSP using application ID and password which were received at the time of registration process and click on the login button. Here, the student must change the password upon first login. This password has to be kept safely and confidentially. The Girl student can change the mobile number only before the first login, i.e. before changing the received password.
- Click on the Application Form link
After clicking on the login button, an applicant dashboard will open. Now, click on the ‘Application Form’ to proceed with the scholarship application.
- Fill the Application Form
After clicking on the application form link, application form web page will appear. The Application Form is divided into three Parts, i.e., Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details. Girl Student should fill in all required details in the application form and Upload all supporting documents with the application form. Finally, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Print the Application Form
After clicking on the submit button, your application will be submitted successfully. Now, print and save application form further reference.
Pragati Scholarship Features:
- Scholarship Details/The salient features of the “Pragati Scholarship” are as under:
- Number of scholarship per annum: 10000
- One Girl per family whose family income is less than Rs.8 Lakhs per annum
- The candidates will be selected on merit at the qualifying examination
- The candidates should have been admitted to 1st year of the Degree or diploma programme in any of the AICTE approved institute through centralized admission process of the State /Central Government.
- Amount of scholarship: Tuition Fee of Rs.50000/- or at actual, whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as incidentals each year.
- Applicants should possess: Two girl per family
- Family income should be less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per annum
- Admitted to AICTE approved institutions in programs/courses at Diploma/ Undergraduate Degree Level OR Technical Education.
- Only for students admitted in the first year of the academic year
- Check more details from here
- Apply At Scholarships Portal
Pragati Scholarship Scheme Rules
- Applications will be invited once in a year through National e-Scholarship Portal of the Government of India.
- If a student is in reserved category and also qualified in general category merit list of scholarship then he/she will be counted under the General Category.
- Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Only verified online applications will be considered for the award of scholarship.
- If a candidate failed/ drop out in subsequent year, she will not be eligible for further scholarship.
- Scheme will be implemented and monitored by the AICTE.
- For converting CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average) to percentage, multiplying factor will be 9.5 i.e. to convert the CGPA into percentage, CGPA X 9.5 will give the percentage.
- In case both CGPA & Total marks are given in the mark sheet, total marks will be considered for determining percentage.
- If grades are given like A1, A2, B1, B2 etc., in the mark sheet, first the grades will be converted into CGPA and then average CGPA will be calculated. This CGPA will be converted into percentage as given in point No. 6.
- Provisional list of shortlisted candidates will be uploaded on the AICTE web portal. In case, candidate has any query about merit list of scholarship, they may raise their grievances within a month. No query regarding merit list will be entertained after one-month duration.
- Query regarding non-payment of the scholarship due to invalid/wrong account number will be entertained only upto six months from the date of publishing of merit list on AICTE website.
- Pre Matric Scholarships
- Post Matric Scholarships
(Frequently Asked Questions) FAQs
How to apply for this scholarship?
The candidate fulfilling the eligibility conditions is required to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) after initiation of application process and notice to be published on AICTE website.
I am an Eligible Candidate for both Pragati and Saksham Scholarships. Can I apply for both the scholarships?
No, you can apply under one scheme only for Scholarship.
Is AADHAAR Card a Mandatory Document for Pragati Scholarship?
Yes. Aadhaar card and Aadhaar seeded bank account in the name of candidate is mandatory for submitting online application under Pragati scheme.
Do I need to upload any Scanned Documents at NSP Portal, when I apply online for Scholarship?
YES. As per the requirement of National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
Whom to contact in case of any difficulties in accessing the Portal for submitting Online Application?
You can avail Helpdesk Service on firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.
Whether scholarship will be disbursed though College/Institute?
No. Scholarship will be disbursed only through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) directly in the bank account of the student by AICTE. Student must have General Saving Account in the bank (FRILL/Minor/Joint account will not be accepted). They must upload the bank mandate form verified by bank.
I am a Diploma passed candidate and taken admission for second year B.E/B.Tech under lateral entry scheme in AICTE Approved Institution. Am I eligible to apply for Scholarship either under Pragati Scheme?
Yes, you are eligible to apply under Pragati Scholarship scheme.
I am first year Degree/Diploma student and recipient of one of the leading merit scholarships of State Government. Am I eligible to apply for Pragati Scholarship?
NO. Students who are already in receipt of any of the scholarships (either State or Central Government Sponsored), are not eligible to apply for Pragati Scholarships.
I am first year B.E student along with beneficiary of PMSSS Scheme studying in one of the leading Engineering College having eligibility for Pragati scholarship. Am I eligible to apply for Pragati Scholarship?
NO. You are not eligible, since you are already in receipt of one of Scholarships of Government of India implemented by AICTE.
Procedure for renewal of Scholarship under Pragati Schemes?
The scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal (NSP) by submitting promotion certificate along with letter from the Head of Institution in the online portal.
What is the opening and closing date for online submission of Pragati Scholarship application?
Please refer to NSP portal for further updates
What is the Scholarship amount for each Student and Number of Scholarships available under Pragati Scholarship Scheme?
Please refer the scheme guidelines
What is the eligibility criteria for AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls?
AICTE Pragati Scholarship is Open for girl students who are pursuing a technical diploma/degree course in the first year or second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2/equivalent examination. The annual family income must be less than Rs.8 lakh from all sources
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details, and we are not responsible for anything
12th Model Paper 2022 | Pavzi | 10th Model Paper 2022 | Model Paper 2022 | eKalyan ePass | 192.168.0.1 | Scholarship- Fellowship | JNVST Result 2022 | LI9 | Sample Paper 2022 | Board Paper 2022 | Sample Paper 2022 | EDPOST | BLOGSS | 10th Model Question Paper 2022 | Model Paper 2022 | JNANABHUMIAP | Board Model Paper 2022 | 99 Networks | 25 Penny | 99 Employee | Refrigeration Pedia|