GOI Pre-Matric Scholarships for Minority Students 2022: State Christian Minorities Finance Corporation will be issued Certain Instructions and Guidelines every year to both states of all district educational officers. In this regarding TSCMFC/APCMFC has informed to the district officials about Pre Matric Scholarships.
The Government Of India, Ministry of Minority Affairs will be announced dates every year for Pre-Matric Scholarships for all Minority Students including Christian Minority students and these details will be forwarded to the DEO’s and concerned district’s all MEO’s and all schools.
In this subject, all eligible students of AP and Telangana state can apply through online mode at MHRD Scholarship.gov.in official website as per its announced schedule. Here we provided Minority pre-matric scholarships details. The Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June, 2006. It provides that a Pre-Matric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
MOMA Pre Matric Scholarship 2022
Pre-Matric Scholarships for Minority Students 2022 Details
|Name of the Scholarship||Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students|
|Title||Pre Matric Scholarships for Minority Students 2022|
|Scheme Closing Date||15-12-2021|
The scholarship at pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education.
The Minority Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio economic conditions of the minority communities.
The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X, including such residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government and Union Territory Administration concerned.
Minority Pre Matric Scholarship Details
|Scholarship Name||Minority Pre Matric Scholarship 2020|
|Number of Pre Matric Scholarships||No Limit|
|Courses||1 to 10th class|
|Pragati Scholarship Amount||Rs.1000 per annum for 1 to 5th AND |
Rs.10,000 for 6th to 10th class
|Family income||must not be above 1 Lakh|
|Mode of Payment||The awardee will be paid scholarship through DBT mode on annual basis.|
Government of India – Minority Pre Matric Scholarships: Pre Matric Scholarship will be awarded for students studying in a Government or Recognized Private Schools from Class I to Class X. Eligibility for Minority Pre Matric Scholarship: The Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
- The Annual Income of Parents/ Guardian of the student from all sources does not exceed Rs.1.00 lakh.
- The student should secure not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination for II to X Class students.
- 30% of Scholarships will be earmarked for Girl students. In case sufficient numbers of eligible girl students are not available, then the balance scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
- Students who are permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh, but studying in other States are also eligible.
- The Scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other Govt. scholarship or stipend.
Note:- Those who got the GOI Scholarship shall have to apply for Renewal of Scholarship for 2020
Minority Pre Matric Scholarship Distribution: Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. A total of thirty (30) lakh scholarships are targeted to be distributed as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides, Renewal scholarships.
The distribution of scholarship among the States/Union Territories will be made on the basis of population of minorities in the States/Union Territories as per Census 2001 for 2017-18 and as per the population of minorities in the States/Union Territories of Census 2011 for 2018-19 and 2019-20 (as per Appendices- A & B).
Allotment of Scholarships
Minority Pre Matric Scholarship Earmarking: Distribution of Scholarships will be on the basis of targets communicated by the Govt. of India among notified minorities (Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis). Students from BPL families having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order. Scholarships will be awarded for only two members in a family.
i) 30% scholarship is earmarked for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT which is transferable to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT. 30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
ii) If the physical target of scholarship for a particular minority community in a state/UT is not utilized, it will be distributed among the same minority community in other States/UTs strictly in accordance with merit and without disturbing the national ratio for the Community. Any unutilized community quota shall be distributed amongst other communities again in accordance with merit and without affecting overall national quota.
iii) A student residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his/her place of study.
Selection Procedure for Minority Pre Matric Scholarships: Fresh – As the number of Pre Matric scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an Income Certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
Renewal – There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same Institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
Minority Pre Matric Scholarship Duration: The scholarships shall be provided for the entire course. Maintenance allowance will be given as fixed lump sum amount in an academic year (as per para-9 below) for 2017-18 to 2019-20. 9.
Pre Matric Scholarship Amount
Rate of Minority Pre Matric Scholarship: Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned For 10 months in an academic year.
Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee:
- Admission Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Tuition Fee for Class VI to X: Rs. 350/- per month subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- For Class I to V*: Rs. 100/- per month for Day Scholar
- For Class VI to X*: Rs. 600/- per month for Hosteller AND Rs. 100/-per month for Day Scholar
Pre Matric Scholarship Amount per year
|Fee||Class 6 to 10|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 500/- per annum|
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 350/- per month = 3500/-|
|Maintenance Allowance||Rs. 600/- per month = 6000/-|
|TOTAL||Rs.10,000/- per annum|
IMPLEMENTING AGENCIES: The scheme is being implemented/funded by Ministry of Minority Affairs through the States/UT’s Administration.
DOCUMENTS TO BE ENCLOSED
- Income Certificate issued by Tahasildar/Salary Certificate from Employer/Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper.
- Bonafide Certificate (As above)
- Photo Copy of Bank passbook in Joint Account of Parent and Student
- Photo Copy of Previous year marks certificate (Progress report)
- Proof of permanent residence of Parent/Guardian Ration Card/Voter Id/ Electricity Bill / Gas Bill or any other document.
- Photograph Attested by Headmaster
- Minority Community Declaration- Affidavit on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper.
- Scholarship Amount: The scholarship amount is up to Rs.5000/- per student.
How To Apply for Pre Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2022?
All the Christian Minority students are aware of the scholarships that are available on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal) and students fulfil the eligibility conditions specified, students can apply for them online at National Scholarship Registration portal. After applying online, the hard copy and all required below mentioned enclosures should be sent to the O/o the Executive Director (Minorities Welfare) of the concerned district. The given steps to be followed for making a successful application on the portal.
- Visit the scholarships.gov.in Website
Minority students need to visit the official website of the NSP portal, https://scholarships.gov.in in your device browser.
- Click on New User? Register Link
Once you reach the official website, you click on the New User Registration link on the home page. Applicant should read and understood the guidelines for registration. After tick on the radio buttons, you can click on the Click on the Continue button.
- Fill the Fresh Registration Form
After clicking on that link, a Fresh Registration form would be opened. Now, Select the Pre Matric for class 1 to 10 from the Scholarship Category and Select the Pre Matric Scholarship and fill the form with required information and click on the register button and fill the form with required information and click on the register button. Student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the provided (registered) mobile number.
- Click on Login to Apply Link
After completion of new registration process, you can click on the Login to Apply link on the home page. Then, Login for Fresh Application web page will appear in your device.
- Enter Login details
In the login web page, Minority student shall login to NSP using application ID and password which were received at the time of registration process and click on the login button. Here, the Minority student must change the password upon first login. This password has to be kept safely and confidentially. The student can change the mobile number only before the first login, i.e. before changing the received password.
- Click on the Application Form link
After clicking on the login button, an applicant dashboard will open. Now, click on the ‘Application Form’ to proceed with the scholarship application.
- Fill the Application Form
After clicking on the application form link, application form web page will appear. The Application Form is divided into three Parts, i.e., Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details. Minority student should fill in all required details in the application form and Upload all supporting documents with the application form. Finally, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Print the Application Form
After clicking on the submit button, your application will be submitted successfully. Now, print and save application form further reference.
- Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application. It is necessary to fill all the * marked fields in the application forms (otherwise the application will not be accepted).
- The annual income of parent /guardian of the applicant should be below Rs.1.00 lakh.
- Income Declaration by the Parent/Guardian in the Prescribed Format Shall be Enclosed along with application form.
- The Student must obtain not less than 50% marks in the previous Class (Examination).
- Please Note Your Application ID number for future reference.
- Enter your UIDAI (AADHAAR) / EID Number in Online Application Form.
- Enter your Bank A/C details.
- Obtain a print out of the filled-in application form, enclose all the copies of required documents and submit the same in the institution (School) where the Student is Studying.
- It is mandatory for all students to apply online. www.momascholarship.gov.in, www.scholarships.gov.in, www.registrations.scholarships.gov.in/
- “After submitting applications online, take a print out of application & submit it in the Institutions/College.”
The following documents are required to be uploaded for Fresh applications under the Merit cum Means based Scholarship if the amount of Scholarship is more than Rs. 50,000/- per annum. Uploading of document is not necessary for applying under Pre-Matric Scheme.
- Student Photo.
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution.
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government.
- A self certified Community Certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age and for others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian is required.
- Applicants for Scholarship under MCM based Scheme have to upload self-attested Mark Sheet, indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at higher secondary/ graduation level.
- Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’.
- Bank Account number of the Student along with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (for Pre Matric Scheme where students do not have their own bank account, parents/guardian can provide their own account details).
- Residential/Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhaar number of the student and if Aadhaar is not available then bonafide student certificate from the school/institute and scanned copies of bank passbook and Aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for Aadhaar).
- If School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from domicile State/UT of the applicant then bonafide student certificate from School/Institute.
In case of Renewal of Scholarship for the next academic year the applicant has to provide a certificate that she/he has secured 50% marks in the previous year’s examination, pursued from the same school/institute. In the case of renewal under the MCM based Scheme the applicant must have pursued the same course from the same institute in the previous year and secured 50% marks in each semester/trimester as the case may be.
Required Documents for Verification
Fresh Scholarship: The list of documents to be submitted by the applicant for Fresh Scholarship, under any of the three Schemes’, for verification of her/his online application by the Institute/School/College is as under:
- Student Photo.
- Income Certificate of Parent/Guardian issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT.
- A self certified Community Certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age and for others the Community Certificate certified by parent/ guardian is required.
- Applicants for Scholarship under MCM based Scheme have to upload self-attested Mark Sheet, indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at higher secondary/ graduation level.
- Bank Account number of the Student along with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (for Pre Matric Scheme where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details).
- Aadhaar number of the student and if Aadhaar is not available then copies of bank passbook and Aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for Aadhaar).
Note to students: Mere online registration of application without submission of hard copies with necessary enclosures within stipulated date does not confer any right to the student for sanction. Sanction of scholarship under GOI scholarship scheme is subject to target allotted to the state considering the entire state as a single unit.
Note to Institution: The Head Master of the School Should Collect all the Applications from the Students applied, Prepare a Booklet and submit in the office of the Executive Director Minorities Department of respective District.
Rules / Conditions for Pre Matric Scholarship:
- Scholarship will be available to the students of minority community studying in Classes I to X.
- An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
- The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous years examination.
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- The course/tuition fees and maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
- The amount of Administrative Expenses (@ 1%) for States/UTs in subsequent year shall be released after receiving the Utilization Certificate for the previous years.
- The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme.
- The State/Union Territory shall place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on their website.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- It will be necessary for the eligible applicants to provide Aadhaar number while applying for the scholarship and in case, an individual does not possess Aadhaar one can provide the details of alternative identification documents, as stated in the Gazette Notification- S.O. No. 1284 (E) No. 1137, dated 21.04.2017 (as per Appendix-C).
- Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online application correctly and Aadhaar seeded with any of their bank account, in such cases the amount of scholarship will be credited to Aadhaar seeded bank account only (though student has mentioned any other non-seeded bank account in online application).
ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES: As the magnitude of data to be entered and processed would be enormous and the scheme gets implemented over the years, there would be a need to engage qualified skilled personnel right from the beginning to ensure that the data based computerized systems are operational.
Qualified skilled personnel possessing requisite expertise to operate computer programme designed for this purpose, enter, process, analyse, monitor, retrieve and transfer data should be engaged on contract basis as per need.
A provision not exceeding 1% of the total budget will be made to meet the administrative and allied costs viz. expenditure of the States/Union Territories for office equipments including computers and accessories, furniture, printing of application forms, advertisement, engagement of personnel, etc.
This provision will also be used for evaluation and monitoring of the scheme, through outside reputed institutions/agencies engaged by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India or by the State Governments/Union Territory administrations.
RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIP: The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (provided the students pursues the same course and same Institute/School).
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHEME: The scheme will be announced by the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration well in time, by giving advertisements in the leading language newspapers and local dailies/vernacular and by using other suitable publicity media.
PATTERN OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: The scheme is Central Sector Scheme and 100% funding is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
MONITORING & TRANSPARENCY: The State/Union Territory shall maintain year-wise details of the students receiving scholarship, indicating school/institute, location of school/institute, government or private, class, gender, new or renewal, permanent address and parents’ address. The States/ Union Territories shall place relevant physical and financial details in their official website.
EVALUATION: The monitoring of the financial and physical performance of the scheme will be evaluated by assigning evaluation/impact studies to reputed institutions/agencies by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
- INSTRUCTIONS RELATED TO BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS (to be filled by the students in online application form are as under):
- Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the drop down list.
- Thereafter the complete account no. must be entered correctly. Students are suggested to get their account number verified by their concerned Bank Branch including Bank account number and IFS Code.
- Disclaimer (*If bank details entered by students are found incorrect or not validated by the student’s bank, the scholarship will be canceled/amount Page 5 of 5 will not be transferred even though the application is approved for scholarship).
- Bank Account holders must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
- Bank Account must be operational/active till the scholarship is disbursed.
- Bank Account must be preferably in any scheduled Bank with core banking facility and proper IFS Code.
- Bank Account must be in the name of either the student or a joint account of student with either mother or father or a legal guardian only.
(Frequently Asked Questions) FAQs
Who are eligible to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship Schemes?
Students belonging to six notified minority communities viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian) studying in India only and fulfilling the Scheme guidelines are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities under National Scholarship?
Pre-Matric Scholarship is Open for students belonging to minority communities
Students must be studying in Class 1 to 10
Students are required to have secured at least 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination
The annual income of the family must be less than INR 1 lakh from all sources
How can I apply online for Pre matric scholarship?
The Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme is online Scheme and one can apply for fresh or renewal Scholarship under any of these Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at www.scholarships.gov.in.
Link to the Portal is also provided on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, i.e. www.minorityaffairs.gov.in.
An online undertaking has to be submitted for registration on the NSP by applicants who are above the age of 18 years and by the parents/guardian if the applicant is below the age of 18 years.
What documents are needed to be uploaded on Portal while applying for Pre matric Scholarship?
See the above mentioned List of Documents.
Aadhar Card, Photo with signature, Last year Mark list, Residential Proof, Self Declaration of Income Proof, Self-declaration of Religious Certificate, Bank Passbook xerox with IFSC Number.
What should be the Type and size of the documents to be uploaded?
The format of the file should be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
What documents are needed to be given to the Institute/School/College for verification of online application on the Portal after applying for Scholarship?
The list of documents to be submitted by the applicant for Fresh Scholarship, under any of the three Schemes’, for verification of her/his online application by the Institute/School/College is as mentioned under required documents for verification
What is Institute Verification Certificate?
In order to enable a student to apply for Scholarship under any of the 3 Schemes’ the Institute/School will have to appoint Nodal Officer and that Nodal Officer should register herself/himself on the portal (NSP). A format of the ‘Institute Nodal Officer Registration Form’ is given at Annexure-I.
What instructions should be followed by student while filling up Bank Account details?
(i) Students/Parents/Guardians must enter IFSC code of their bank branch carefully. (ii) Thereafter the complete Saving Bank Account number must be entered correctly.
Students/Parents/Guardians are advised to get account number verified by the concerned Bank Branch as the Scholarship amount will not be transferred if the bank details are incorrect.
(iii) Bank Account holder must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
(iv) Applicants are advised to link their bank account with Aadhaar, for faster disbursement and ensure that the account remains active till the disbursement of the Scholarship.
(v) Bank account must be operational/active till disbursal of Scholarship (forall eligible applicants) so that payment does not fail. (vi) Bank account must be preferably in a Scheduled Bank (as per Reserve Bank of India) with core banking facility.
(vii) In case of Post-Matric and Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Schemes, the bank account must be in name of the applicant/student only.
In case of Pre- Matric Scholarship Scheme, the bank account should be in the name of either applicant/student or the applicant can have a joint account with his/her mother/father/guardian as indicated in the application.
What is UID number/Aadhaar Number?
UID number otherwise known as ‘Aadhaar’ number is Unique Identification Number given by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The Aadhaar Number is required to be seeded (linked) with the bank account in which Scholarship amount is desired to be transferred. Banks provide multiple ways of linking Aadhaar with the bank account and applicants can obtain the details from the website of the concerned bank or contact the concerned bank with a copy of the Aadhaar card.
Do I need to get my Aadhaar Card to apply for Scholarship?
As per the Gazette Notification issued by Ministry of Minority Affairs under Section-7 of Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) with respect to the Scholarship Schemes, it will be necessary for the eligible applicants to provide Aadhaar number while applying for the Scholarship and in case, and the applicant does not possess Aadhaar she/he can provide the details of alternative identification documents, as stated in the Gazette Notification,
What is Aadhaar based Payment?
Applicants/Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online application correctly and if their Aadhaar is linked to any of their bank account, in such cases the amount of Scholarship will be credited to that Aadhaar linked bank account only even if the student has mentioned any other non-Aadhaar linked bank account in her/his online application.
Can I edit the information already saved and up to what time?
You can edit draft/incomplete information filled by you until you ‘Submit’ the online application. To edit the application, go to the option “Student login”→ enter the Application Id then click on submit ‘login’ button
Which fields I can edit before final submission of application?
You can edit all details except “Registration Details”. It may be noted that once you ‘finally submit’ your application it will be forwarded to the next level and after that you cannot edit further.
Which fields in the application form are mandatory?
Fields provided with red asterisk(*) mark are mandatory fields
Do I have to fill up the online application in one sitting?
No. You can fill up the online application in many sittings using ‘Save Draft’, until you are satisfied that you have entered all desirable fields correctly. The software provides facility to save your application at every stage until you click on ‘Submit’ button.
Is there any Application ID?
Yes. An Application ID will be provided to the candidate once his/her application is submitted online. It will be conveyed to candidates through SMS. Students should remember their ID as it will be required while applying for renewal during subsequent years. Receipt of ID does not give itself a guarantee award of scholarship.
What should I do if I forget my Application ID?
The process of re-collection of the Application ID is given as below: “Student login-•>Forgot Registration Details?” then enter the basic fields accordingly and click on the button “Get Registration details””.
What should I do, if my Institute name is not coming in the dropdown list of Institutes in application form?
You may ask your institute to contact the concerned State Department for their registration through U-DISE/AISHE/NCVT(DGT) code available on NSP portal.
What should I do, if I do not find my Course name in the dropdown menu?
You should immediately approach the institute (where you are studying) to login their account and add the concerned Course from the Master course list. Thereafter, you may be able to find the desired course name in your online application.
If the desired course is not available even in the Master course list of Institute login, you/your Institute should immediately approach to the concerned State Department (where your Institute is physically located) to add the course. Name of course and course duration along with the supporting documents must be provided to the State department.
How should I check the status of my application online?
You have to login under the option ‘Student Login’ by entering your Application Id and Password. Once login, you will be able to view the option ‘Check Your Status’. Under this option you can check your online status.
What should I do before making any call/enquiry/representation at helpdesk of National Informatics Centre (NIC) and/or Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA)?
The applicant should first check his/her online status on NSP as stated in Q. No. 17 and then make any call/enquiry/representation at helpdesk of National Informatics Centre (NIC) and/or Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA).
What is the process of verification of my application?
Your application must be verified at School/Institute level and then at domicile district/ domicile State/UT level. You may contact the concerned verification authorities for online verification of your application within the timeline given on the NSP portal.
Ministry of Minority Affairs will release the scholarship amount, only if your application is verified and approved by all verification authorities. In case, your application is rejected by any of the concerned authority due to any reason, you will not get the scholarship amount.
How can I check whether the amount of my scholarship is credited in my bank account or not?
You may check the transaction status on PFMS portal i.e. www.pfms.nic.in under “Know Your Payment” (https://pfms.nic.in/static/NewLayoutCommonContent.aspx?RequestPagename=s tatic/KnowYourPayment.aspx ) option on the home page.
What should I do for the successful payment of Scholarship in my bank account?
You are advised to keep your bank account active to receive the scholarship amount (till the disbursal of scholarships). Confirm from your bank that your account is not dormant/closed and also be sure that your account is free from transaction limit or any other conditions till the disbursal of scholarship is made in your account, to avoid any chance of transaction failure/return of scholarship amount.
Please note that in case of transaction failure/return of scholarship amount, there is no provision for re-payment and Ministry of Minority Affairs is not responsible for such lapse.
How do I know the name and address of Nodal Officer/ State Department of my State?
The name and contact details of the Nodal Officer/State Department of all States/UTs are available under the link of Ministry of Minority Affairs on the home page of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) (https://scholarships.gov.in/public/nodalOfficersList/NationalMeans-cumMeritScholarshipScheme.pdf )
Which fields are editable for verification authorities i.e. for Institute/District/State while verification of online application?
At Institute level, only ‘Fee’ can be edited by the concerned Institute. However, at District/State level verifying authorities, ‘Aadhaar Number’ & ‘Mobile Number’ of the student can be edited.
What should I do if I come to know after final submission, that my application is ‘defected’ by the Institute/District/State verifying authority?
In case the application is marked as ‘defected’ by the Institute/District/State, the application will be reverted to the student for correction of the defect in his/her application form. Student can correct the defect and resubmit the application for re-verification within the timeline given on NSP.
What should I do if I come to know after final submission, that my application is ‘rejected’ by the Institute/District/State verifying authority?
In case the application is marked as ‘rejected’ by the Institute/District/State, the application will not be considered for award of the scholarship.
What should I do if I face some technical issue while applying for scholarship on NSP portal.
ou can immediately register your complain through the link https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/complaintspage or accessing Complaints -> Register Complaints on the home page of the NSP website or call on the Helpline number 0120-6619540 or send mail on e-mail id: email@example.com.
MODIFICATION (if any, during 2017-18 to 2019-20) Minor modifications, if any, in the scheme having no financial implications may be made by the Competent Authority in the Ministry of Minority Affairs without seeking recourse to SFC/EFC/Cabinet. However, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure would be consulted