Korean Government Scholarship, Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education has issued a Scholarship Notification on February 20th .
MHRD invites Online applications from Indian nationals through MHRD’s website http://mhrd.gov.in for nominations of Korean Government Scholarship tenable from 1st September 2023 to study at a Korean University or Institution as designated by NIIED.
Eight (8) nominations are to be sent to the Korean Government for final selection which is to be made by them. Only five Scholarships are to be awarded. Applicants are advised to visit Korean Government Scholarship Programme (KGSP) website i.e. www.studyinkorea.go.kr for details of the scholarship.
(a) Age Limit: Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of September 1st (born after September 1st, 1975). (b) Qualification: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Masters degree as of August 31st, 2021 for applying for Master’s degree or Doctoral degree respectively. Equivalent foreign degree will be considered. Note: Candidates who have received Korean Scholarship at any time are not eligible.
Duration of scholarship: A. Master’s : 1 year of Korean Language+ 2 years of Master’s. & B. Doctoral: 1 year of Korean Language+ 3 years of Doctoral.
Scholarship would be available for studies in the followings:
C. Korean Language & Literature
Airfare: Payment for Round-trip economy class ticket will be made by NIIED, Government of Korea. Any kind of travelling allowance will not be made by Government of India.
Value of Scholarship:
- Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRVV) per month
- Research Allowance: 210,000 won for students in humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester.
- Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won.
- Language Training Fee: Full coverage.
- Tuitions: all admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 – 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
- Medical insurance: 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean Language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
Last Date for submission of online application: (a) Application can be submitted online at the website www.sakshat.acin on or before deadline. It is advised to visit Korean Government Scholarship Programme (KGSP) website i.e. www.studyinkorea.go.kr before applying for details.
Documents to be uploaded
- Copy of marks sheet of Bachelors degree or equivalent for applying for masters and copy of Masters or equivalent for applying for Doctoral (Ph.D).
- Transcript from university/institution. If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentage, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
- Copy of date of birth certificate/ class 10th certificate bearing date of birth or other equivalent documents.
- Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two years after their return from abroad as on 15.03.2015. Applications of candidates who are abroad will not be considered.
- Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of Korea.
- Application in other than mention subject-fields in the advertisement will not be considered. A candidate can apply only in one subject and for one of the degree courses.
- Employed candidates must obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer. In case of Government servant, cadre clearance is a must.
- Candidates must give write-up of his/her plan of study in at least
(a) 500 to 1000 words for Masters (b) 1000 to 2000 words for Doctoral to be undertaken in Korea.
- Applications, which are incomplete or do not bear photograph and signature, will not be considered.
- Canvassing in any form & suppression of any fact in the application will disqualify the candidature of the applicant.
- While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidate should mention the specific dates.
- Candidates who do not possess the essential qualifications need not apply.
Note: Above mentioned dates are tentative. Official dates would be released soon on its web portal.