Inspire District Level Science Exhibitions & Project Competitions 2020: Guidelines for Conduct of DLEPCs, Inspire Award Scheme District Level Science Exhibitions, Project Competitions Schedule, INSPIRE: “Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)” is an innovative program sponsored and managed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST) for the attraction of talent to science.
The basic objective of INSPIRE is to communicate to the youth of the country the excitement of creative pursuit of science, attract talent to the study of science at an early age and thus build the required critical human resource pool for strengthening and expanding the Science& Technology system and R&D base.
District Level Science Exhibition & Project Competitions: 14-12-2020 to 18-12-2020
A striking feature of the programme is that it does not believe in conducting competitive exams for identification of talent at any level. It believes in and relies on the efficacy of the existing educational structure for the identification of talent.
* The response to the annual Inspire Fair is growing. This is a good platform to unearth the hidden talent in children. Opportunity to participate from all parts of the district. Students are also taking advantage of science fairs.
District officials have advised students to make projects at home as there are school holidays in the Corona background. An online science fair was organized at the district level in each state. Out of the 12 projects that came up at the district level, the projects of three students who showed better talent were selected at the state level (According Bhupalapally DSO). Projects that will be managed at the state level soon will be in competition
Students ’talents come to light. Students’ talents are recognized through Inspire Fairs. Encouraging children to be encouraged by their parents and teachers can lead to even better results. They show off their talents if they are accommodated in all ways. Their experiments are brought to light by Inspire ensembles.
Under the scheme a onetime award of Rs. 5000/- is given to the students, who would utilize about 50% of the amount for making a science project /model and balance 50% towards the cost of bringing project/model to the District level Exhibition centre for display.
Selection of students:
All the Up and High Schools in the state should complete onetime registration in the website www.inspireawards-dst.qov.in. After completing one-time registration HMs can nominate 5 students information from high schools and 2 students information from upper primary schools after getting the User ID and Password.
Two students from each secondary school are selected. One student from classes VI to VIII and another student from classes IX to X from each high school are selected under this scheme. Similarly, one student from classes VI to VII is selected from each upper primary school in the state.
The selection of the students is done by the principal/ Headmaster/ Headmistress. The deserving and meritorious student is selected by the schools for such awards.
Three students are nominated by the high schools from classes Vi to VIII and two students from classes IX to X. Similarly, two students from classes VI to VII are nominated by the upper primary schools in the state. Inspire District Level Science Exhibitions & Project Competitions 2020
The online proposals will be sent from schools to DST and in turn, DST will select two children from each school, one from classes VI to VIII and another student from classes IX to x of high schools and one student from upper primary schools.
Development of project /model by the INSPIRE award recipients: The student awardees have to develop a science project I model using the award amount.
The student awardees have to participate in a district level exhibition with the model I project which will subsequently be displayed at the exhibition organized at various levels viz., District I State I National level.
The participants of INSPIRE Award would be required to put forward their creative ideas/concepts/innovations on specific themes having relevance to local science and technology needs and national priorities.
Some of the illustrative themes for preparation of exhibit/models could be as underBroad Theme: Make in India
Sub Themes [Illustrative Examples)
- a. New tool and techniques for manufacturing.
- b. New Technology c. New materials
Broad Theme: swatch Bharat
Sub Themes [Illustrative Examples)
- Waste management/Municipal solid waste disposal, recycling etc.
- • Hospital waste disposal
- • Industrial waste disposal
- • Clean energy
- • Reduction of pollution
- • Cleaning of water bodies, rivers etc
- • Green Toilets
- • Rural sanitation
Broad Theme: Swasth Bharat
Sub Themes [Illustrative Examples)
- Preventive health care (Hygiene and sanitation • Traditional and alternative medicine
- Lifestyle management
- Awareness creation
Broad Theme: Digital India
- • Digital solutions for education, Health care, governance, smart cities and smart villages etc.,
- Note: The themes are only suggestive and students are free to device their own themes after assessing their local and regional needs as well as aligning the same with other such issues of national importance.
The participants may be asked to work on the concepts which are related to one of these themes. The concepts should suggest ways and means to provide a solution to one of these national priorities with specific reference to local needs.
The concept note of two to three pages including sketches, diagrams etc., may be submitted by the participants. The participants may focus on other themes such as for “Startup India” initiative launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister; and State programmes such as Haritha Haaram, Mission Kakatiya, Mission Bhagereetha.
Every effort should be made to rule out tendency to procuring ready made exhibits/ models by the participants. During evaluation process emphasis should be given to creativity of the concept rather than the physical model. General layout of model, its relevance, clarity of charts accompanying the exhibit / model and overall alignment to theme, should be assessed .
Inspire District Level Science Exhibitions & Project Competitions 2020:
1. For selection of the theme and for designing the project involving model or exhibits, the district authorities and mentor teachers shall follow the guidelines.
2. The mentor teachers and participants should develop interface between Research Institutes of national, Regional and State and R & D Departments of reputed Industries and Laboratories present in the district or within the vicinity of the Institution, before embarking on designing of the project chosen.
The district authorities may facilitate the process of exchange of ideas and thoughts between the personnel of Research Institutes and Student and Mentor Teacher.
3. If such Institutes are not available, they may be given the opportunity to meet the faculty of Universities, NIT, IIIT, and Engineering Colleges, Medical colleges available in the district or neighbouring district.
The support of polytechnic, IITs, Degree colleges and other NGOs working on development of Science Education such as Jana Vignana Vedika, Royal Society of Chemistry, Science Teacher Forums, Aarthik Samatha Mandali of Survyapet, Praja Science Vedika may be considered.
4. Ensure each selected school for Inspire award shall have to tie up with Mentor Institute.
5. Discourage the use of thermocouple, instead promote use Eco-friendly material
6. Ensure that the project taken up for the Inspire award is based on scientific principles, the idea was grounded and the model was developed.
7. The teachers working on Inspire awards should help the students to ignite the ideas in them not to thrust their idea on the children. Ensure the participation of students in different levels of the project.
8. Focus could be given to the schools which are uncovered under Inspire programme.
9. Teaching learning aids should not be permitted to for Inspire awards.
10. Steps shall be taken to have proper representation in participation of students at Upper Primary level in Inspire Award scheme.
11. Adequate publicity could be given to the District level and State level exhibitions. Parents and local community may be made aware of children working on Inspire project at the school level.
12. The write-ups and posters used for Inspire Exhibits should be well written reflecting the design of the project, the concept behind it, its utility and its application in a wider context.
13. The district authorities, in particular, the DSOs shall ensure 100% participation of the selected awardees in the District level exhibition. Further, they take necessary steps to ensure their participation with their exhibits complying with the acceptable standards set for District level exhibition.
14. A district level and at divisional level teams may be constituted involving Dy.EO, DSO, faculty of DIET, CTE, IASE, MEOs to visit the schools identified for Inspire awards and monitor the progress of the Inspire projects taken up at the school level, the initiative of teacher mentor and students in seeking the support of mentors I mentor Institutes in designing the project.
The visits of the monitoring teams should lead to improve the quality of the Exhibits participating at the district level. Care shall be taken in constitution of monitoring teams so that the expenditure incurred for TA & DA shall be kept low by co-opting the personnel from neighbourhood.
15. The monitoring teams at the district level and at the divisional level shall appraise the DEO, DSO on the development of the project, the participation of students, efforts of a mentor teacher and co-ordination with mentors I mentor institutes.
16. Discourage the duplication of exhibits and projects which were already displayed in the earlier District level exhibitions of Inspire awards.
Inspire District Level Science Exhibitions & Project Competitions 2020:
Conduct of District Level Exhibition and Project competition
SCERT Telangana – Implementation of INSPIRE Awards Scheme – Conduct of District Level Exhibition and Project competition. The DEOs / DNOs of all the host Districts and other districts are hereby requested to bestow their attention on the following aspects with regard to the conduct of DLEPC in respective districts.
Ensure that all student awardees who ar~ selected under Inspire award scheme for the year shall take part the in the DLEPC in the allocated venue.
Ensure that all student awardees get an opportunity to display their project at the district level exhibition to be organized by the district level authorities.
Projects at district level shall be judged by a 3-member jury (2 local – to be appointed by district I state authorities (from local college I university I other reputed institutes faculty members) and 1-DST panel INSPIRE mentor list available at DST website), who would select best projects I models, subject to maximum of 10% project I models for state level exhibition.
In the judgment process, the following measures shall be taken. Teaching learning aids should not be permitted to for Inspire awards . Judgment of exhibits may be done on the first day onwards to avoid the judgment done in haste.
The judgment of exhibits shall be done at two levels at preliminary level (initial screening of exhibits for first two days) and at Secondary level on third day (judgment over the exhibits identified in initial screening) .
For every 100 exhibits, a team comprising of 3-jury members may be appointed as indicated above .
Judgment of exhibits may be done on the first day onwards.
Judgment of exhibits shall be done at two levels at preliminary level (initial screening of exhibits) and at Secondary level (judgment over the exhibits identified in initial screening).
Submission of list of selected project from District level Exhibition to State Level Exhibition immediately on the next day of DLEPC to the Department of Mathematics and Science, SCERT.
Communicating the information of conduct of DLEPC, date, venue to the National Innovative Foundation, Ahmedabad. Dr. Vipin Kumar, Director and Chief Innovation Officer, National Innovation Foundation, Satellite Complex, Jodhpur Tekra, Near Mansi crossroad, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India (firstname.lastname@example.org) as their representative may attend the DLEPC.
Further the DEOs I DNOs of host districts are requested to conduct
DLEPCs as per given guidelines and incur the expenditure as per the norms with the approval by the District Collector and Magistrate and submit a detailed report on conduct of DLEPCs along with original bills and vouchers within 15 days after completion of the DLEPCs.
It is observed that the fresh nominations for Inspire awards has not picked up, so far only 30 online nominations for this year were submitted. Therefore it is requested to give maximum publicity in the districts to submit the online nominations from the schools which have not so far took participation in the Inspire awards. Information could also be given to all Residential schools of different managements, model schools and KGBVs of your concerned district. The last date for online nominations is
It is also observed that some districts. are not keen in conducting orientation to the Inspire awardees at divisional /district level. It is instructed that the orientation should be done to give maximum space for interaction with the subject experts /mentors and inspire awardees.
Only few districts have undertaken this task, but not in the spirit as said above, it has reduced to a meeting. Still many districts are yet to conduct the orientation.
Orientation of the inspire awardees should not be reduced as a routine affair, it is supposed to be conducted well in advance, although the schedule is given, many districts have not complied with the schedule. lnfact orientation is a preparatory activity to share and grounding of the thoughts and ideas. Conducting orientation in hurriedly do not yield desired results.
The DEOs were asked to give the status of Inspire related activities of the district every fortnight to the SCERT, but none of them reported.
Once again the DEOs /DNOs are requested to pay attention to the above said aspects and ensure the successful conduct of DLEPC and SLEPC.
Organisation of Science Exhibition for the INSPIRE award recipientsDistrict level To organize DLEPCs constitute a District level committee for INSPIRE Award Scheme with the following persons
1) Collector and District Magistrate : Chairperson
2) District Educational Officer : Member Convenor
3) Principal DIET : Member
4) Project Officer: RVM, SSA
5) One Principal of any Govt. Degree/ Jr. College: Member (To be nominated by the Collector and District Magistrate) To organize the DLEPCs Collector and District Magistrate approval may take for venue, dates and expenditure etc.
All student awardees get an opportunity to display their project at the district level exhibition to be organised by the district level authorities. Projects at district level would be judged by a 3-member jury (2 local – to be appointed by district I state authorities (from local college I university I other reputed institutes faculty members) and 1-DST panel INSPIRE mentor list available at DST website), who would select best projects/models, subject to maximum of 10% project I models for state-level exhibition.
In the judgement process, the following measures shall be taken.
- a. Teaching-learning aids should not be permitted to for Inspire awards .
- b. Judgement of exhibits may be done on the first day onwards to avoid the judgement done in haste .
- c. The judgement of exhibits shall be done at two levels at preliminary level (initial screening of exhibits for first two days) and at Secondary level on third day (judgement over the exhibits identified in initial screening) .
- d. For every 100 exhibits, a team comprising of 3-jury members may be appointed as indicated above.
- As per the norms of DST one DLEPC to be organized for a group of 250 to 500 awardees. Therefore the following district may be clubbed to conduct of DLEPCs.
- Action plan of organization of district-level / state level INSPIRE exhibition
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details