INSPIRE Programme, NSPIRE Award Scheme, Science Exhibitions and Project Competitions, Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is a National Programme, INSPIRE Web portal www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in: We have read that our older generations lived in forests, ate raw food, covered their bodies by leaves, depended on roots and leaves for medication. But now there is a drastic change, our clothing is very sophisticated along with comfort, food is available in different kinds & medication is such developed we can cure any disease, communication system have been developed, transport facilities also developed. Now we can enjoy anything that we wish only in minutes.
The above change is possible only due to inventions. Inventions are the plat forms of Globalization. We can see world from our house. So, for more inventions we have to encourage children for tommorrow’s use. We have to give that atmosphere that a child should think on own with creativity which helps to develop skills. These developed skills, creativity thoughts lays the path for inventions. In that these “inspire” programmes will help the child for motivation, sharing ideas, innovation etc. To develop knowledge in students in rapid growth of science and technology sectors.
INSPIRE(Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research)
1. INSPIRE is a programme conducted by the Department of Science & Technology with view of identifying talent among students to attract them towards studying Science and scientific programmes that have an experimental vision.
2. There are three important divisions in INSPIRE Scheme. First among them is to give awards to 6 to 10 students. An award of Rs.25,000/- is given to the students at School Level.
3. Second is to grant a scholarship of Rs.80,000/- to the children to continue their studies at higher level like B.Sc., M.Sc. etc.
4. Third is to ensure the opportunities to the young researchers who chose the field of research.
5. From State Level 5% themes are selected to be sent to National Level competitions.
6. The expenditure in this regard is borne by the Dept. of Science & Technology.
7. The Head Masters of all types of schools (Recognized by the Government) having classes VI to X must select talented children having interest and competence in Science to this effect and submit the details of those students online.
8. As the State has to send the details of children to the Central Government every year, the Head Master must submit them to the DEO as soon as the school opens.
9. The DEO will consolidate the details of children from all the school across the District and send to the Dept. of Science & Technology at the Centre through the Dept. of Education.
INSPIRE Award Scheme:
A Scheme / Programme implemented by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Science &Technology, Government of India for attraction of talent amongst the students to study Science and pursue career with research. To attract the young talent amongst students to study science and pursue career with research.Under the Inspire Award Scheme, during a plan period of 5 years, 2 children are selected from each school of the country having classes 6 to 10 for an INSPIRE Award of Rs.5000/- each for preparing the science project / mandal. These awardees, who are students from class 6 to 10, then participants in 3 tier competitions i.e. District, State and National.
About INSPIRE Programme:
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is a National Programme implemented by the Ministry for attraction of talent amongst students to study science and pursue career with research.
INSPIRE Programme covers students in the age group 10-32 years, and has five components: INSPIRE Award (for 10-15 age group), INSPIRE Internship at a science camp with opportunity for interaction with global science leaders (for 16-17 age group), INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) @ Rs 80000/ per year for continuing education at B.Sc. and M.Sc. levels (for 17-22 age group), INSPIRE Fellowship for doctoral research (for 22-27 age group) and INSPIRE faculty for assured career opportunity (for 27-32 age group).
About INSPIRE Award Scheme:
The first component, viz INSPIRE Award, is implemented centrally through the States/UTs. Under this scheme, during the five year period, two students are selected from each middle and high school of the country for an INSPIRE Award of Rs.5000/- each for preparing a Science Project / Model. These awardees, who are students from classes 6th to 10th, then participate in a three tier competition: District, State and National Level. The projects exhibited are evaluated by a jury of experts. All the 28 states and 7 UTs are participating in the scheme. The scheme is continuing in the 12th Five Year Plan.
Merit based nomination of students for INSPIRE Awards is done by the Head Master / Head Mistress / Principal of each school, who is required to send nomination of best children, having aptitude for science, with all relevant details, to the District Education Authorities, who will send these to DST through State Education Authorities. All schools in the country including private schools are eligible to participate in the scheme.
One Time School Registration:
For the School to get registered as School Authority under the E-MIAS, For One Time Registration: Go to the Link