10th class/SSC Exams Preparation Guidelines, Instructions, Guidelines, day wise schedule to High Schools for Preparing the 10th Class students for SSC Exams, How to achieve good results in SSC exams, Guidelines for Improving SSC Results, Achievement of Better Results in SSC 2020, How to Achieve Top Results in SSC 2020: SCERT Telangana, Rc.No.615, Sub: SCERT, Telangana, Hyderabad – Communication of certain guidelines to the Secondary Schools for Preparing the Tenth class students for SSC examinations – Reg.
All the District Educational Officers in the State are hereby informed that many DEOs have started taking measures to achieve good results in the forthcoming SSC examinations. They are in the process of preparing the instructions / guidelines and day-wise schedule for preparing the X class students for SSC examination. In this connection, the SCERT has also prepared certain broad guidelines for the teachers handling 10th class students and for the HMs of Secondary Schools. These guidelines will be helpful to the teachers and the students to achieve good results.
READ | Exam preparation tips
Therefore the DEOs are requested to communicate the broad guidelines prepared by the SCERT to all the Secondary schools of different managements in the district. These guidelines will act as supplement to the day wise schedules that are being prepared by the DEOs for preparing the X class students to face SSC examinations. The guidelines and day-wise schedule prepared by DEO, Manchiriyal is also communicated to you for the reference, which will be helpful to you in preparation of the guidelines and schedule for preparing the students for SSC examination.
Guidelines for Preparing the 10th Class students for SSC Exams
- Completion of the syllabus by end of January, 2020 as per academic calendar.
- Those students whose performance is good, for them revision could be taken up.
- For those children who are not up to the mark, try to find out where they are weak. For them the revision of syllabus should be supplemented with remedial teaching.
- The Teaching learning process should focus on conceptual understanding of the child rather than memorization of principles, formulae, and algorithms without understanding. Understanding of the concept should precede the memorization of said aspects or practice work or drill work.
- Through your observation or through the tests that you are conducting or already conducted
(Slip tests, formative assessment, and summative assessment) diagnose the learner strengths and weaknesses concept wise or area wise and provide remedial teaching in the areas in which the students are weak.
- The teacher should make question wise /concept wise/ lesson wise analysis of the performance of the students in the pre-final examination or the assessment/examination last conducted. For this purpose, following proforma can be put to use.
Note: Put a tick ( v) mark if the student response is satisfactory, if it is not at satisfactory put ‘X’, which indicates the need for help from the teacher.
READ | How to Achieve Top Results in SSC exams
- To pinpoint the student weakness, to assess his pre-requisite abilities or to assess his present status of related knowledge or skills, the teacher has to conduct the diagnostic test. Sometimes the diagnostic test may be intended to test the basic skills, if the individual child is poor.
- The diagnostic test may be framed for group of children or for individual learner depending upon the learner weaknesses. This test should not be for all the children.
- Through the diagnostic test ascertain the weakness of the learner concept wise, skill wise.
- The diagnostic test or any other test should be followed with remedial instruction.
- The remedial instruction should be learner specific; it is not general classroom instruction. If certain group of children are found to be weak in same concept or subject area, the teacher may conduct remedial instruction in groups. Homogenous grouping is desirable at this stage i.e same ability grouping for preparation of examination. Depending upon the abilities of the children (Knowledge and skill level), workable groups should be made.
- In the remedial instruction, the teacher has to monitor the learner progress day wise at least week wise and step up the teaching for the next concept or subject area.
- The remedial instruction should be carried through tutoring, counselling. Individualized instruction or group instruction but certainly not whole class instruction. Handholding is necessary for the students who deserve academic support.
- Keep constantly monitor the learning progress of the students.
- When you are correcting the answer scripts or note books, please do not limit to putting right or wrong symbol, please have a discussion with the student where and how he has gone wrong. Please try to correct the answer scripts with suggestive answers, correct the mistakes of the children and give comments suggesting the follow up action. The teacher has to review their work periodically and if necessary daily.
- If sizable students do not understand the concept, please do teach and re-teach with changes in n teaching strategies with appropriate illustrations and contexts.
- If feasible use ICT as teaching tool and as a learning tool.
- Take the support of the high achievers in helping the students who are lagging behind, but be cautious that learning of the students who are helping should not suffer in this process.
- Prepare a clear teaching learning plan for every learner and specially for the children who are lagging. This can be done on individual basis or group basis.
- Analyze the syllabus and the model question paper, and identify the important concepts learnt by the students.
- Don’t encourage the students for drilling, mugging without understanding.
- Every teacher should have two teaching plans one is for general teaching, usually done for whole class and second for remedial teaching. This should be done based on the needs of the children.
READ | Guidelines for Improving SSC Results
- Chalkout, day wise, subject wise schedule for the study hours for the students before and after
- The Head master should ensure that the teachers should prepare teaching plans (General teaching plan and remedial plan)
- He should conduct regular review meetings without disturbing the school instructional hours with the subject teachers and review the instructional plans and children progress.
- If it is felt necessary, the services of retired teachers, or the persons who are working in junior colleges may be utilized.
- Provide good ambience in the school and in the classroom.
- Make school libraries particularly subject related books and teacher hand books available for ready reference.
- Hold subject teacher meetings in the school and discuss on the strategies to improve the children’s learning.
READ | Guidelines for Preparing the C Grade 10th Class students for SSC Exams
- Take the support of other teachers also who are not dealing class X, and tag the low performing students to these teachers for academic guidance and coaching.
- Adopt relaxation techniques such as breathing exercise, meditation, light exercises etc. for relaxation of muscles and as well as mind.
- Proper seating arrangements with back rest may be made available for study hours.
- Provide energy drinks like glucose, nutritious snacks during study hours.
- Check the availability of emergency lights for study purpose.
- Ensure the student progress data available in the prescribed formats and monitor the students progress periodically.
- As the study hours will be conducted in evening hours, take precautionary measures to ensure the safety and security of the students particularly girl students.
Guidelines for Preparing the 10th Class students for SSC Exams